• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

WW-Wii U Just a Few More Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Wow, its sooo embarrassing for me to be asking questions about my favorite game I know perfectly. Oh well. :silent: So here are my questions:

1) The part where you catch Mila and get a bottle, I'm having a lot of problems with that. I waited on a section that she would run by, but she caught me(somehow) and ran away. Then another time I followed her and I was about to catch her because the bubble was over her head. Then she quit and ran away. Darn. Any tips? I've got none.

2) Is it possible to do the Wind Temple before the Earth Temple? I was gonna save the Earth Temple(save the best!) for last...So I wanted to know, because I couldn't remember anytime where I had to use the Mirror Shield.

All help is appreciated! Thanks!:bleh:

MW7

For your first question I would suggest to tail her from a far distance the whole way, just barely keeping her within sight. It does sound like you weren't quick enough at the end though since the bubble went away so you probably just need to be a little closer at that point.

For your second question the answer is no. It theoretically makes perfect sense because the mirror shield isn't used in the Wind Temple, but for some inexplicable reason the makers of the game prevent you from doing this by not letting you find Makar until the Earth Temple is complete. It makes me mad because I also like the Earth Temple more than the Wind Temple so I'd like to get it out of the way first.

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I was under the impression that you COULD do the wind temple first. I remember warping to forest haven to go to get the iron boots right after going back to hyrule, and the violin was playing. I took that to mean you could get makar as soon as you could get the song at the wind temple.

MW7

I was under the impression that you COULD do the wind temple first. I remember warping to forest haven to go to get the iron boots right after going back to hyrule, and the violin was playing. I took that to mean you could get makar as soon as you could get the song at the wind temple.

In my experience you can't, but I just did a quick Google search of Wind Temple before Earth Temple and found some interesting things. I checked a few different forums on the topic, and in each one it seems like the majority of people say it's impossible but there is always at least one person that steadfastly claims that he/she did do the Wind Temple before the Earth Temple.

I've tried this myself and have never gotten Makar to appear before completing the Earth Temple. This means that:
A. There are different copies of the game in which this is possible
B. The people who claim they did Wind first are misremembering or joking around
C. Everyone who claims that Earth must be first (the majority of people in my research and me) is doing something wrong or failing to do something that the people who claim to do Wind first are doing

I'm really interested if someone can definitively answer this question.

Last edited:

Earthtemple

The Windfish's Therapist
I'm going to try it. Obviously I won't be able to do it right this minute, but I'll start a playthrough soon and see what the deal as. As I said, I remember being able to do either first.

Um, first one. I've had a hell of a lot of trouble with it, either she catches me for some stupid reason, or I fail when I try to talk to her because I either waited too long or didn't wait long enough. I dunno. You'll just have to keep trying.

Second one, you SHOULD be able to either temple first. There theoretically should be nothing stopping you from entering the Wind Temple first. I've never done WT first though, so, I'm not 100% proven on it.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
With Mila, I hid behind stuff a considerable distance behind her, like buildings, signs, bushes, etc, and used the free camera to keep an eye on her. As soon as she moved, I moved to another hiding spot and moved my camera back on her. Repeat this a few times. By the time she gets back through the gates into the main part of town (right after Link meows), I just hid on that ledge near the ladder on the windmill and waited for her to get to the shop. In all my attempts, she never caught me once when I followed her like this.

As for the temple order, from what I've seen from a variety of sources, you can't find Makar playing his cello until after beating the Earth Temple. But this is still just second hand info, so I can't say for sure :/

Master Sword13

thatjoshoverthere
I don't know for sure, but I feel like I've opened the door to both of the temples at the same time... I forget though... I wouldn't be surprised if Nintendo made the Earth Temple automatically first, because sometimes Nintendo does some pretty stupid stuff in games, but it'd be cool to have the option of the two.

Justeazy

Todo is the pfuf!
I've done the Wind first, on my old disk, but long story short I have a different disk now and I haven't been able to change the order since.

I distinctly remember because only on my first OoT playthrough did I get the Mirror Shield last (because I'm one of those who does the game out-of-order/in-order and does the Shadow Temple last), and on my first playthrough of Wind Waker, the Mirror shield was the last thing I got. Part of the reason I didn't like WW originally because it copied the format (three stones, great event, then more temples before fighting Ganon) as well as copying the last dungeon's item.

I've always done future playthroughs in the order of Wind-Earth, but now that I have this new disk, I've purposely tried to get the Earth temple first but I can never do so even while doing the same things I've done before.

So, I'd have to say that there are different versions.

Last edited:

Kappa

Black Cat Royalty
Hmm...okay. Well, I got past Mila, so that's taken care of. But I have Medli on my boat(just because I wanted her there! :P) and I got the songs and iron boots and went to go get Makar, and he wasn't there! Darn! Maybe he'd be there if I got Medli off my boat...:hmm:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom