• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

JMsmash1118's Timeline

Hi. I just wanted to start off by saying this is my first time posting on this message board, so I would appreciate not being flamed. That being said I've been working on my own Zelda timeline for a few days now. While looking for inspiration on youtube I discovered Axel the Beasts videos, became very intrigued and decided to post my theory to this community. Let me start with saying that I believe there is only 1 Ganon/Ganondorf throughout the entire series. That being said I present to you my interpretation of the Zelda timeline.

............./MM--TP--ALttP/LA/OoX
SS--OoT
.............\--WW/PH--ST--MC--FS/FSA--LoZ/AoL

Well there it is.

Let me start off my explaination of my timeline from the start. Skyward Sword is from what I consider to be the first game in the series due to the fact that it is the origin story of the master sword.

Next comes Ocarina of Time which I consider to be the origin of Ganondorf.

Then the timeline splits into the childhood timeline and the adult timeline.

In the childhood timeline Link goes back to warn the Royal family about Ganondorf. They sentence Ganondorf to death. But Ganondorf is given The Triforce of Power, Kills the Sage of Water, and is banished to the Twilight realm. While this transpires Link searches for Navi in the Lost woods. After the events of MM Link dies in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos(a.k.a the Hero's Spirit). Sometime later the events of Twilight Princess take place and Ganondorf loses the ToP and is Impaled in the chest with the Master Sword. But I still don't think he is dead. Even without the ToP Ganondorf is known to be a powerful sorcerer and could have survived. Also he doesn't fall down... when you die you lose the ability to use your motor skills and muscles. Last I checked standing requires both, but enough about that.

The next game To follow this timeline I would say is A Link to the Past. I base this on the fact that LttP cannot be placed in the adult timeline and the geography of the Master Sword. In OoT the Master Sword is located in the Temple of Time. Further down the Road in Twilight Princess it is located in the remains of the Temple of Time, where the Temple of Time is nearly destroyed and the area takes on a wooded appearance. Finally, durring LttP the entire area is totally covered in forest and all reference to the Temple of Time is gone, save for the Pedestal of Time and the Master Sword. Also during the course of this game Ganondorf finally gets his hands on the triforce and transforms into the trident wielding Ganon. After Link kills him with the Silver arrows he does die.

Now the next game in the timeline would have to be Links Awakening. The reason I put this here was because of the final boss nightmare. You fight Agahnim's shadow and Ganon's shadow. Its a pretty arbitrary reason but I feel like it fits well.

The Final portion to this timeline is the Oracle of Seasons/Ages games. I put this after LA because when Link gets shipwrecked he loses all his items from LttP and after LA he still has no weapons. Anyway I put OoX on the child timeline because it needed to be put in a place in the timeline where Ganon had died and Link could be trusted in the Triforce room in Hyrule castle. At the end of the game the mindless Ganon is beaten by Link but not killed due to the fact the master sword or silver arrows were not used to kill Ganon.

Now We can go back to the other timeline, the adult timeline. Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass, and Spirit Tracks are fairly straightforward and I wont waste your time trying to explain them. But I will say Ganondorf is deffinitly not dead at the bottom of the ocean as he still has the Triforce of Power.

Many many years after spirit tracks Minish Cap takes place. Which is also a precursor to the Four Swords Games.

In Four Swords Adventures Ganondorf makes his return and steals the trident and a dark mirror, which is how this timelines Ganondorf transforms into Ganon. After the battle with the Links, Ganon is sealed into the Four Sword.

Many more years after FSA is when the Original Zelda Game takes place. Somehow Ganon escapes from the Four Sword and Kidnaps Zelda.
Link then goes to kill him with the Silver arrows.

In the Adventure of Link Link is confronted by Dark Link, who was created by Ganon long ago when he stole the dark mirror.

Anyway that is my interpretation of the Zelda timeline. I understand that their are holes in it, as every timeline does, but I would like to hear some constructive criticism. Also if you have any questions about why I placed things feel free to ask. Thanks :)

That's mine almost exactly I think so I think it's awesome!:D:yes:

Though I would say that the Ganondorf in FSA is different to the one possibly killed in TWW, as he has a different backstory.

M

Metal_head

I agree with the majority of your timeline. One thing that I have trouble with in your timeline is the placement of LoZ and AoL. It has been confirmed by nintendo that aLttP is a prequel to LoZ. I've heard that at the end of aLttP link sails off to prepare for the inevitable return of ganon. After he regains his memory in LA he returns to hyrule to find that ganon has already returned and has taken over hyrule (beginning of LoZ)

The only other problem I have is the placement of the oracle games. I have a theory that after ganondorf is killed in Tp (yes I believe he was killed) I think that the royal family regained the whole triforce and continued to guard it. Then the next Link found it by accident and was sent to save the oracles. He is also born with the triforce mark on his hand like the link in Tp. Theres also something about the ganon that is summoned in the oracle games. I think that his minions would be more likely to summon a mindless ganon on the first try when they have no experience rather than the second or third time when they've done it a few times. To me it doesn't make much sense that after summoning a thinking ganon a few times and Link foiling their third attempt that they would suddenly slip up the fourth time. It makes more sense to me to put the mindless ganon first.

This is all just my opinion. Take from it what you will.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
Why do so many people take the original two games away from ALttP? ALttP is a prequel to them, and there has been no suggestion of a retcon for them to come after ST.

Anyway, besides that, it's pretty good. I personally don't think the FSS can come after WW due to Ganon (and realize that there's no accurate place for them anywhere), but it's still pretty good-to-go. I'd put the OoX before LA due to the ship at the end of OoX, but whatever. (That is, if I even place the OoX, as it's slightly sketchy.)

(By the way, to avoid confusion, you might want to put the AT on top, as that's what most people do. Just a suggestion.)

OoX games should go between ALttP and LA. Ganon is killed at the end of ALttP and in OoX Twinrova revives him. Also at the end of the OoX games Link sails off in a boat and in the beginning of LA, he's in a boat.

After the events of MM Link dies in the Lost Woods and becomes a Stalfos(a.k.a the Hero's Spirit)

I really hate this theory. How is it that Link survives in the Lost Woods in OoT but he can't get out of it at the end of MM? He also has the Ocarina still. Can't he just have used it to teleport out of there?

Why do so many people take the original two games away from ALttP?

I think it's because placing them after ALttP doesn't make a lot of sense. Ganon dies twice with the silver arrows? Huh.

OoX games should go between ALttP and LA. Ganon is killed at the end of ALttP and in OoX Twinrova revives him. Also at the end of the OoX games Link sails off in a boat and in the beginning of LA, he's in a boat.

I agree with this and have revised my timeline for it.

How is it that Link survives in the Lost Woods in OoT but he can't get out of it at the end of MM? He also has the Ocarina still. Can't he just have used it to teleport out of there?

It has to do with the fact that Link doesn't have a fairy guiding him.

either way, its just a theory... and its not a major argument for my timeline because almost everyone already agrees that TP comes after MM.

Why do so many people take the original two games away from ALttP? ALttP is a prequel to them, and there has been no suggestion of a retcon for them to come after ST.

Anyway, besides that, it's pretty good. I personally don't think the FSS can come after WW due to Ganon (and realize that there's no accurate place for them anywhere), but it's still pretty good-to-go. I'd put the OoX before LA due to the ship at the end of OoX, but whatever. (That is, if I even place the OoX, as it's slightly sketchy.)

(By the way, to avoid confusion, you might want to put the AT on top, as that's what most people do. Just a suggestion.)

There are a few games that have been moved since their release and I believe LoZ and AoL are two of them. You can't really say that the FSS can't come after WW because of Ganon and yet still place LoZ/AoL after ALttP. However I do believe the FSS Ganon is a different Ganon, hence my placement of those games after ST. But, as you suggested, beyond a WW and TP it's all just personal opinion.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
There are a few games that have been moved since their release and I believe LoZ and AoL are two of them. You can't really say that the FSS can't come after WW because of Ganon and yet still place LoZ/AoL after ALttP. However I do believe the FSS Ganon is a different Ganon, hence my placement of those games after ST. But, as you suggested, beyond a WW and TP it's all just personal opinion.

The only time any games were moved was when the first 4 games were retconned to no longer take place after the time Link left behind at the end of OoT upon WW's release. Which is when OoT was made to no longer be the Seal War due to inconsistencies. There have been no indications of any other retcons since then.

The only time any games were moved was when the first 4 games were retconned to no longer take place after the time Link left behind at the end of OoT upon WW's release. Which is when OoT was made to no longer be the Seal War due to inconsistencies. There have been no indications of any other retcons since then.

Actually the order of the first 4 games was changed by Miyamoto just after OoT's release.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Actually the order of the first 4 games was changed by Miyamoto just after OoT's release.

I'm pretty sure this never happened. Miyamoto did say that LA could have gone anywhere after ALttP after its release, but the developers said it was a direct sequel. But there order was never changed. I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
He's referring to the "Miyamoto Order" - OoT - LoZ/AoL - LttP. However, this was a matter of Miyamoto not knowing the timeline at the time (despite what (Owsen/Trinen?) said), and it was quickly taken down and replaced by the correct order the following month or so.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
He's referring to the "Miyamoto Order" - OoT - LoZ/AoL - LttP. However, this was a matter of Miyamoto not knowing the timeline at the time (despite what (Owsen/Trinen?) said), and it was quickly taken down and replaced by the correct order the following month or so.

I know that. That's what I was talking about when I said
I'm pretty sure this never happened. Miyamoto did say that LA could have gone anywhere after ALttP after its release, but the developers said it was a direct sequel. But there order was never changed. I'm not sure where you got that idea from.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom