• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Japanese Site Got an Update, Faron Woods, Skyview Temple, Japanese Introduction

X

xXDaKidXx

Here two of the videos.

[video=youtube_share;O2CFfiVF8q4]http://youtu.be/O2CFfiVF8q4[/video]

[video=youtube_share;l9sdc2TUXkc]http://youtu.be/l9sdc2TUXkc[/video]

Can't get the Intro but it says this:

"...This is a story recited and passed down by you, humans...

...It was an unprecedented war so terrifying and vehement that its likes would never be seen again...
All of a sudden the earth split, and evil beings made their appearance...
They stole away the smiles of all those living on the ground
These evil beings burned the forests, dried the lakes and murdered the people in their path

Their objective was what was protected by that lady... The "almighty power" protected by the goddess
The almighty power... That was
A heritage from the gods, said to grant any wish or desire
The ultimate power, inherited by the goddess from the forefathers of ancient times...
In order to protect the almighty power from the evil beings
She took the surviving humans on board and raised the land to the heavens...
To a place far from where the hands of evil can reach... On the other side of the sea of
clouds, to the high limits of the sky
And so the goddess and the others wagered their lives, fighting in order to seal the evil...
The land once more regained its days of stillness...

This is a story recited and passed down by you, humans...
However inside of this story, numerous legends lay hidden
And now, the door of a new legend about to be spun is waiting to be opened,
...by your hands..."

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
The quality is definitely better, but I would prefer to see it in English. There might be one on Youtube with English subtitles. I might check on that. ~

thereasonbeing

The Floor is Lava
I'm hoping you can explore that huge section of trees in Faron Woods shown on the map, but there seems to be a set path from the big tree to that swirly looking place, so i'm guessing not. If that's the case then, these segments of the land below aren't looking to be very big at all..

F

Fluffycactus123

I don't know if anyone else realized this, but the blue-ish, swirly place near the bottom of the map reminds me of the place where you fight that black, two-legged monster that we saw a few weeks back. A spiraling ramp leading up to a castle? The two seem to be related some-how.

Djinn

and Tonic
Looks like we can finally put the Sky Temple/Forest Temple debate to bed. That was still going on in a few areas since not everyone was 100% on the translations. So many names had changed sine E3 nobody knew what was what anymore.

That swirly thing on the bottom of the map has me interested as well. It somewhat resembles the color of the Silent Realm but I was fairly certain it was another dimension than standard Hyrule. It might be something similar to a ALTTP style warp tile that takes Link between the two worlds. Those took on the appearance of a blue swirly thing on the ground.

That large tree in the area reminds me more of the forest temple in TP than anything sen in another game. The many doors and windows on it pretty much tell me that cannot be any form of Deku Tree. The first trailer, at 17 seconds, there are many swirled roots hanging from the roof. Those things continue to remind me of the original Farore/Forest/Kokiri symbol found in every game since OoT. I wonder if that was what it symbolized. Especially since I have not seen the familiar symbol on anything else, all doors and seals have the Hylian bird crest on it. Normally a forest temple always has the Kokiri symbol on every door. Even the room which Link fight Ghirahim, there are no recognizable Kokiri symbols but a detailed sword symbol resembling the roots are all over the floor.

And does anyone else think some of those penguin things are not doing the best job of staying hidden?

Cuju

私はカウントダウンを実行します。
Full Intro!

This video shows us the full intro of SKyward Sword, all that is new that we didn't see before is that The Triforce is hidden in Skyloft, and that this game has the best music of any video game to date!

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/wii/souj/world/index.html

Click the little demon face image on the top-right for the video!

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
Kinda interesting how the forest area is called フィローネの森 (Firône no mori), this is actually closer to my language's (German) name for the area in Twilight Princess (Phirone, pronounced somthing like "Fee-row-nuh") than to the English name (Faron) and I always thought the English translation was usually closer to the original...
But I'm kinda confused about the name of what seems to be the sky temple. It's called 天望の神殿 (apparently "Tembou no shinden) which seemingly translates to "Skysight Temple" and that makes no sense to me (I would've expected something like 天空の神殿 - Tenkû no shinden for "Sky Temple"), maybe someone who actually speaks Japanese can enlighten me here (I only know some basics)...
Oh and I'm also confused about the price they have to pay over there... 6800 yen (~€68 or $88.68) for the regular game and 8800 (~€88 or $114.76) for the limited edition, and I always thought we Europeans are getting ripped off with the €44 price tag (regular, no price for limited available yet) :O

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
They stole away the smiles of all those living on the ground
These evil beings burned the forests, dried the lakes and murdered the people in their path

No offense to anyone, but I hope this makes it to in-engine, ingame cutscene form. This would provide so much awesomeness to the awesome that is Skyward Sword. :3

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
All of this is just too epic for words.

No offense to anyone, but I hope this makes it to in-engine, ingame cutscene form. This would provide so much awesomeness to the awesome that is Skyward Sword. :3

It's the backstory of it, though. The backstory to a game is typically not shown, and that definitely rings true for Zelda. I also don't think they'd show us the animated diagram of the events and then show a real scene of it. Just my thoughts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom