• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Jabun= Jabu-Jabu

K

Kill-Bill

Anyone who share my thoughts that Jabun from WW is Jabu-Jabu from OoT?

I say descendant. If it was Jabu Jabu then that's what his name would be. A child of Jabu Jabu perhaps but not Jabu Jabu himself.

D

Darth Usurper

Decendant probably.

But if anything could survive a mass-flood, a gaint fish would.

Faedeur

The Juror of Courage
It's quite possibly a descendant. Another theory could be that it is a different dialect from a different people. But I'm more in favor of descendant. One is a whale, the other an angler fish. Kind of a big difference.

Different kind of fish. Therefore i think there different beings but they represent the same things.

Is it not possible that a creature of the sea is chosen to be the water guardian(much like the deku tree is the forest guardian) and then lives out its years, when that fish dies another fish is chosen.

But that could be a little farfetched as they wouldn't just be any random fish.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Jabun is not the same as Jabu-Jabu from OoT. In the adult timeline of OoT, Jabu-Jabu is nowhere to be found in Zora's Fountain, suggesting that he's dead.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
Jabun is not the same as Jabu-Jabu from OoT. In the adult timeline of OoT, Jabu-Jabu is nowhere to be found in Zora's Fountain, suggesting that he's dead.
Or flew away. *shot*

EDIT:
Apparently I pissed someone of with this comment so I'll explain myself.
I believe that Jabu Jabu/The Wind Fish are one and the same.
My reasons for believing this is not only is it obvious that Jabu Jabu was based off of him but also the fact that If he had indeed died in OoT then there should be evidence to support this but there is non other than the fact that he is not there.
If Jabu Jabu is indeed a protective deity then it would make sense that he would be able to escape from danger, like how Jabun was able to escape from his island before Ganondorf destroyed it.
It makes sense that Jabu Jabu would also be able to sense danger and thus escape.
And also, for what purpose would Ganon have to try to kill the thing a second time?
That's just my opinion though.

Last edited:

Rytex

Resident Netizen
This has been confirmed by Nintendo. Jabu-Jabu and Jabun are one and the same, as he changed his name to Jabun to hide from Ganon when Ganon came back (which worked terribly). Just because Jabu-Jabu left Hyrule when Ganon rose to power doesn't mean he didn't come back when the land was prosperous again. He had a certain duty to do once the Zora unfroze, so he returned.

Ganon0075

Ganon, King of Douchness.
This has been confirmed by Nintendo. Jabu-Jabu and Jabun are one and the same, as he changed his name to Jabun to hide from Ganon when Ganon came back (which worked terribly). Just because Jabu-Jabu left Hyrule when Ganon rose to power doesn't mean he didn't come back when the land was prosperous again. He had a certain duty to do once the Zora unfroze, so he returned.

I do believe that Jabu Jabu and Jabun are the same but I think Jabun is Jabu Jabu's name in the new language present in TWW.

I do believe that Jabu Jabu and Jabun are the same but I think Jabun is Jabu Jabu's name in the new language present in TWW.

By new language do you mean the one that everyone speaks or the one that Valoo, The Great Deku Tree, and Jabun speak?

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
When has this been confirmed? Please cite your source material.

I like to think that Jabun is the [spiritual] predecessor to Jabu-Jabu of OoT. His physical absence in the future in Ocarina of Time did sort of imply that he died [or was killed], but I don't think this was ever confirmed by word of God... From this I surmise that Jabun might very well be a reincarnation of Jabu Jabu. It might seem a bit far-fetched, but Jabu Jabu appears to be older than Jabun, which might support my theory. (One, however, could partially attribute such a disparity to the difference in graphical direction between the two games.)

Things seem to become problematic when one takes into consideration the undetermined time span between the two games. Moreover, as a Water Guardian and servant? of the Goddesses, Jabu Jabu would probably live a considerably long time; possibly hundreds of years. As such, the whole prospect of reincarnation seems slightly unappealing. Unless of course Jabu Jabu did indeed die as a result of the "Great Freeze" (other variables such as old age might apply) or was directly slain by Ganondorf himself, this might support the idea that the two beings are indeed one and the same.

Last edited by a moderator:
I figured Jabu-Jabu was frozen, but unfroze with the Zoras. Also, Jabun is most likely to be of the same race as Jabu-Jabu, but the physical difference is too much to ignore. Not to mention, Jabu-Jabu couldn't even speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom