• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Adventure of Link Is Zelda II:the Adventure of Link Really That Bad?

Truth? No, it isn't that bad of a game. It is just very difficult. Everyone that I know has it on the NES/SNES. I have it on my laptop which makes it more difficult to play. It is a fun game, I just wish I didn't own it on my laptop. :(

Tony

Stardust Crusaders
I don't think it was a bad game. People say that it is a bad game because it wasn't like the first Zelda and it was very difficult. It was very difficult especially Death Mountain and Death Valley. The 3 lives stunk and some enemies were very hard to beat but still it wasn't that bad.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
AoL how I dislike you. Let me count the ways...

1. I Personally don't like RPG's, but that's just me (and many other Zelda players out there)

2. The clues to the Zelda game were unfairly hard. To know that there is a hidden temple in the middle of the beach or that a secret basement will rise from the floor without any clues is extremely unlikely.

3. Starting over. I don't like the fact that I have to travel all the way from the start point every time I die unless I'm at the final temple.

4. Either continue or save. Why can I not do both? I've lost serious data because I assumed that you didn't have to quit the game in order to save your progress. Still, this seems like another Personal problem.

5. Unfair enemies. A lot of the enemies in the game are unfair in terms of beating them. Why can lizalfoes throw rocks at me from behind a fence where I can't reach them? And why must I go through it THREE TIMES!? The fact that you can die simply because some weak monster touched you and pushed in the water is unfair.

6. Dark Link. Nuff said. No not really though it sounded funny to say that XD. I don't really hate Dark Link himself but I think that he could have been done better. The program for Dark Link in AoL seems to be that you can't hit him unless he's cornered or you are. No matter what he always stays a certain distance from you when you attack. I would like to feel that there is more than one way to beat him especially since by the time I get to him, I probably don't have many lives left.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
AoL is okay, but I find it can be cruel and frustrating. For example, many of the enemies in the palaces (like Blue Darknuts >_<) are extremely hard because Link's sword is too short-ranged while the enemies' weapons are longer-ranged. That must be where part of the frustration comes from. The fact that you start at the beginning after losing all your lives (except at the final palace) is also frustrating. Furthermore, how are you supposed to know the obscure but mandatory secrets in the game?
On the other hand, AoL gives you a big sense of accomplishment if you beat it just because it's so hard.

D

Darth Link

I liked this game. It takes a while to get use to the combat system, but when you do it becomes quite enjoyable. I agree it was too vague in-game, but that's what GameFaqs is for. And yes, it was hard, but that just makes it satisfying to beat. I nearly quit at the Thunderbird, but I pushed on, and it was great.

As a note, I have a friend who claims to have beaten it in four consecutive hours. I trust him not to lie to me, but...I mean, man...

C

Connor

I read a lot about this game before I played it, so as you can probably guess, I was fairly sceptical going into it but I did, and here's what I thought about it: When I first started playing it I was TERRIBLE at it. It was my first time ever playing a game like that and I kept dying repeatedly. This game took A LOT of getting used to and after dying so much before even reaching the first Palace I almost gave up on it... but I'm glad I didn't. After about half an hour of playing I got used to the controls and the overall feel of the game and started getting further and further without dying. A couple of days passed and I managed to beat it :D and I have never been more proud to beat a game. A couple of weeks later again, I got a port that allowed me to play using a NES controller on the WII (I was using a GameCube controller before) so I decided to have another stab at the game, and I LOVED IT! Once I had a proper controller and started out knowing the whole "concept" of the game, I had a lot of fun with it. Infact, I've played and finished it about 5 times now and it is one of my favourite Zelda games to date! I enjoy(ed) every part if it, from the bosses to journeying from destination to destination. I guess all that's left to say is to give the game a chance. You might enjoy it, you might not but either way it's definitely worth it. Hopefully I have contributed enough to this thread. :D

benjibibbles

Disastrous Waffle Person
I don't think I've ever seen a person call it "bad". it's just different, what with the side view and the heavy RPG elements. It is without a doubt the most unique of the series (CD-i games aside, of course).

Beeker

Wild Card
It's not a bad game, just... extremely frustrating. Having to start over from the beginning almost every time can be really annoying. And even the more weaker enemies can easily kill you if you aren't careful. But at the same time, it's a change of pace from the other games in the series.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
It's not a bad game, it just doesn't fit the Zelda series. If they had called it Castle Invaders and made your character a Molgana the Wizard, then it would have been revolutionary to RPGs.

People often complain about the difficulty, which I will agree with. But if you take the time to level up a lot its not as bad. Once you get used to the mechanics, it turns out to be an enjoyable game which makes you forget how "different" it is from the rest of the games.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom