• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is This Weird or Not?

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Okay. As you might already know, I got an N64 with the pre-ordered edition of Majora's Mask in it. Since then, the game Majora's Mask has been following me EVERYWHERE!! I love the game and all, but it's been following me as much as the number 21 (and that's a lot). I've been noticing a lot of threads with the prefix Majora's Mask, a lot of general talk of the game, my brother reading the Majora's Mask manga last week, my friend skullkid requesting a signature with Tael and Tatl in it, etc. After the site crash yesterday, Mases referenced BEN, and I've been reading his story for the past hour. I had been noticing it a bit, and started to wonder untill... BAM! I come on here, look at the "What's New?" tab, and there it is... a threat with the prefix Majora's Mask.
That's when I decided to post this.
Do you think this is just my mind noticing Majora's Mask references and pointing them out to me, or is God telling me to get off my lazy butt, beat OoT, and play Majora's Mask.
Please discuss, so that I can decide what to do from here.

insanity76

I don't suffer from it ..
And you made this thread when either tonight or tomorrow night will be a full moon ... lol.

It's probably coincidence more than anything .. MM won game of the decade on Gamefaqs and has been discussed a lot the past month or so on ZD, so it's gotten lots of people to play it, myself included. Well not all the way through it since I had to go on a video game hiatus over the holidays, but I am getting an itch to get back to it ... I've posted in a couple of MM help threads the past couple days.

Last edited:

Nicole

luke is my wife
Nah, it's just Ben.

On a serious note, it's just your brain. I'm sure you're been thinking about it a lot recently, so your brain is more apt to notice things with the words "Majora's Mask." The same thing happens to me. When I have something on my mind, it always jumps out at me. It's subconscious.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Thx guys. Things make a little more sense now.
Another weird thing: About 30 minutes ago I got on Cleverbot. It was pretty cool. Now, I am just finishing up reading the Narrator's notes from the Haunted MM story. I saw something I wanted to try to put on there, and since then it won't load. The entire page just refuses to load.

Nicole

luke is my wife
That's probably just your computer. You might have been on it too long, and it's overheated. Or the page itself has a few errors. There are plenty of reasons why it won't load.

Again, your subconscious is just linking everything to MM.

Dr3W21

shoegaze girl
Yeah. Either way, I do need to hurry up and beat OoT so I can play MM. That game is awesome, as I've been told.

(01-19-2011 03:47 PM)
Haha, funny thing is... I started playing MM yesterday, and I've already gotten my Deku Mask off. Nothing really other than that, so far though.

Last edited by a moderator:

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
The human mind has been show to naturally look for patterns in things, to find order in places there genuinely is none... it's one of the methods our brain uses to catigorize our environment to help us try and understand it. Or so I've been told.
So don't worry about it, the BEN thing is loads of creepy fun, but it's nothing real or serious. It's just your brain :P

I know from experience... I remember something like this not long after I first read it, when I was playing the original Assassin's Creed. Along with the regular comments the crowd of NPCs usually say, I heard one of them come out with a rather ominous "You shouldn't have done that..." ...needless to say, I was a little creeped out... I'd honestly never heard that line before then. The timing seemed too perfect. At least, I didn't think I had... but I've actually heard it plenty of times since then. It was just because the BEN thing was on my subconscious, my brain must've specifically payed attention and picked out that line because it seemed relevant, even thought I'd probably heard it plenty of times before without realising/thinking anything of it .___.

So it's probably just a similar thing happening to you with the Majora's Mask thread headings/references.
But yeah, you should play OoT and MM anyways, they're awesome games :3

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Soon after I moved to Pennsylvania, my old home state (Arizona) seemed to be stalking me. I kept noticing cars and trucks with AZ licence plates on them... salsa brands from AZ showing up in the stores... Arizona brand iced tea every time I turned around.

Nowadays I just look at the news and see that the place is the Land of Crazy and am glad I'm out of it. Those licence plates and iced tea cans had better not try to drag me back there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom