• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Wii-U an Extension (buy a Wii-u No Need for New Wii) or a (buy a New Wii)

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
O-O! No one is being helpful! I mean, WHEN I BUY A WII U, DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW WII?

THE WII U IS A COMPLETELY SEPARATE CONSOLE FROM THE WII. YOU ARE NOT REQUIRED TO OWN A WII IN ORDER TO OWN A WII U. JUST LIKE YOU DO NOT NEED A NES TO PLAY THE SNES OR N64 OR GAMECUBE. THEY ARE ALL DIFFERENT. YOU DON'T NEED A PLAYSTATION 1 TO PLAY PLAYSTATION 2 OR 3. YOU DO NOT NEED AN XBOX TO PLAY XBOX 360.

I DON'T KNOW HOW THIS IS CONFUSING TO YOU. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHAT A CONSOLE IS? DO YOU OWN A WII?

Sorry for the caps, maybe you'll understand now. Either that or you just trolled the hell out of us.

Well, yeah, given its design and all, the Wii U Gamepad and the Wii U Pro Controller both will probably register as Gamecube controllers, if they register at all (gotta remember, there's always the possibility some games won't be fully compatible)

Yeah I realize that. It certainly would be nice for those who wish to play games like Brawl on the Wii U, but not necessary.

TF/HH

TwilightFlame/HylianHero
No, the Wii U is its own, seperate, awesome console. You will not have to buy a new Wii.

WechyPichu

is hiding behind 7 froxie
No, the Wii U is its own, seperate, awesome console. You will not have to buy a new Wii.

Thank you for not going all ultimate caps rage (even though I did) I was just asking if the Wii-U needed to communicate with the wii to hook up to the TV. I finnally got my answer without all caps, or stuff like that.

Mrflamexd3

Wind Waker!
The Wii U is not an extension, it's Nintendo's newest home console. Everything from your Wii can be transferred to your Wii U virtually, and it will be backwards compatible with everything Wii. Unless you use your current Wii from Gamecube games then you can sell it after you buy the Wii U and transfer everything. I hope this helps and if it doesn't then like everyone else said, this makes no sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom