• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Wii-U an Extension (buy a Wii-u No Need for New Wii) or a (buy a New Wii)

Dan

The Wii U is a brand new console. The Wii 2 if you will. I can see why you would have some confusion to as to whether or not it was an extension. I think it was a poor name for Nintendo to use.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
The Wii U as Dan said is a totally new console. It's HD, it is better than the Wii but has a Wii essentially in it's hardware (I think it emulates the Wii but I can't be sure -- it isn't released). Totally new games, better graphics, new gameplay, et cetera.

MonkeyFightSquad

*LAUGHS EVILLY*
Just like Dan said, It is a Wii2 pretty much. I never thought it was a Wii extension. I also know that it is HD and that will be awesome. You should get it. The graphics will be amazing.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
If your stick a Wii game into the Wii U then you can play it. So if I were you, I would wait to just buy the Wii U as it will be able to do everything your Wii can do (except play Gamecube games or use the Gamecube controllers) The solution to the gamecube controller is the new XBOX rip off controller which I forget the name of at the moment so that shouldn't be an issue unless it won't work with Wii games

Celeboy

Collecting Dust
You can play wii games on it and use wiimotes and stuff. To get the saved data off your wii onto your wiiu, you can save the data onto an SD card and transfer it onto the wiiu.

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
O-O! No one is being helpful! I mean, WHEN I BUY A WII U, DO I NEED TO BUY A NEW WII?

Really? That's your question?... Can you please explain the logic behind that thinking. How do you expect anyone to help you, when YOU'RE the one who is making no sense. These people did their best to answer a broken question, for you! And you say no one is being helpful? Come on dude...

Last edited:

PhantomTriforce

I am a Person of Interest
Really? That's your question?... Can you please explain the logic behind that thinking. How do you expect anyone to help you, when YOU'RE the one who is making no sense. These people did their best to answer a broken question, for you! And you say no one is being helpful? Come on dude...

This. But I'll answer the question to the best of my ability: when you buy a Wii U, you should buy a new a Wii U (or used, I guess). There is no reason in this universe why you would need to buy a new Wii.
If that still doesn't make sense to you, plug in "GameCube" for Wii U and "Nintendo 64" for Wii and ask that question to yourself. Now that wouldn't make much sense, would it? It's the same case here.

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
The solution to the gamecube controller is the new XBOX rip off controller which I forget the name of at the moment so that shouldn't be an issue unless it won't work with Wii games

The controller is called the Wii U Pro Controller, and It won't work with Wii games, I don't think, but it WILL work with Wii U games, Wii Uware games, and NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube Virtual console games.

Awesome

The Creepy Uncle
The controller is called the Wii U Pro Controller, and It won't work with Wii games, I don't think, but it WILL work with Wii U games, Wii Uware games, and NES, SNES, N64, and GameCube Virtual console games.

I was speaking more of that it may register as a gamecube controller for games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Norm

God-King of Teh Intarwebz
Clearly in ur tube, blockin ur internets.
I was speaking more of that it may register as a gamecube controller for games such as Super Smash Bros. Brawl

Well, yeah, given its design and all, the Wii U Gamepad and the Wii U Pro Controller both will probably register as Gamecube controllers, if they register at all (gotta remember, there's always the possibility some games won't be fully compatible)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom