• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the War Mentioned in Twilight Princess the Same One in Ocarina of Time?

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So, with all the buzz in Skyward Sword (and what with that new character), there's the topic of him possibly being a "dark interloper" (which is what I believe). To be so, though, the war mentioned in Twilight Princess would have had to have been a different war entirely than the one mentioned in Ocarina of Time. Why? Because Ocarina of Time is after Skyward Sword, and the war mentioned in Twilight Princess would have had to have taken place in Skyward Sword's backstory. (Or that and still taking place in the game.) So, what do you guys think, and why?

Here's what I say (not saying it's correct, but it's what I think as of now). We know that when Hyrule was created, the Temple of Time wasn't made along with it, nor made right after it. The Sacred Realm could be easily accessed. With that, Lanayru said the people who lived in the land created by the goddesses lived in harmony, but soon became aware of the Sacred Realm and what it contained. So a war broke out in search for it. Then the "dark interlopers" came along and attempted to (and probably almost did) "establish dominion over the Sacred Realm." Then those "interlopers" were sealed in the Twilight Realm by the Light Spirits. Well, I say that this war a sperate war than the one in Ocarina of Time, and is the reason Skyloft was seperated from the land below. To protect the people from the terror below. I mean, the "dark interlopers" being the reason for the "army of evil" makes a whole lotta sense. After this, the Sages were probably appointed, and the Temple of Time was constructed as a barrier to the Sacred Realm. Since we know the Skyward Sword becomes the Master Sword, it would make sense that it becomes the Master Sword for the purpose it later serves: being the link between Hyrule and the Sacred Realm. This is what I think.

Last edited:

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
I don't see any reason for the interloper war and the unification war to be the same. I think the ToT is created in response to the interlopers trying to gain access to the ToX to rule Hyrule (these events likely being told in SS), and the unification war is unrelated to any of this. The interloper war wouldn't have to be the backstory of SS; it could be the events of and just after SS.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
I don't see any reason for the interloper war and the unification war to be the same. I think the ToT is created in response to the interlopers trying to gain access to the ToX to rule Hyrule (these events likely being told in SS), and the unification war is unrelated to any of this. The interloper war wouldn't have to be the backstory of SS; it could be the events of and just after SS.

That is if the "dark interlopers" aren't the main evil in Skyward Sword. If they are, it has to be the backstory. Because the end of the game would be them being sealed in the Twilight Realm.

Ariel

Think for yourself.
It is beyond me why this thread hasn't moved to the theory section.

Actually, I don't see any concrete proof for this.

You've concluded that they are not the same war only under the very shaky grounds that the guy from SS is a dark interloper. If so, you could be correct, but the backstory of Twilight Princess could also be simply alluding to Skyward Sword, not before it. Interesting idea, though.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
It is beyond me why this thread hasn't moved to the theory section.

Actually, I don't see any concrete proof for this.

You've concluded that they are not the same war only under the very shaky grounds that the guy from SS is a dark interloper. If so, you could be correct, but the backstory of Twilight Princess could also be simply alluding to Skyward Sword, not before it. Interesting idea, though.

That's the whole point of this. To see what you guys think. I never said this was true at all. "Here's what I say (not saying it's correct, but it's what I think as of now)."

And it's in Skyward Sword because of what I said about it. But, whatever. (Oh, and, by the way, the "dark interloper" thing isn't shaky. It's got solid evidence that's hard to argue with. Unlike the sword and Vaati ideas.)

Musicfan

the shadow mage
well it could be this the races are fighting but people of break away creating misery and becoming curpt with dark magic but tings get out of hand and the king unites the races ageist the dark interlopers and weaken them and the goddess seal them in the twilight realm

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
Nice Theory Juicy :D

I Still Think That Dark Interloper Is Vaati Idk Why... :)

Hahahaha! Well, you were honest and very blunt with it. I like that. (And thanks.)

Anyway, not to say you're stupid, or anything, but just thought I'd point it out. The new character can't be Vaati, as he only had that human-like form from wearing the Minish Cap. This guy has no hat. Vaati was a Picori. And then he went all one-eyed, freaky bat-like thing on us. So, Vaati's an impossible option.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
There are a few wars that are mentioned throughout the series (ALttP, OoT, and TP clearly outline the history of Hyrule with that war) and it is now my belief that all of those stories tell of the same battle. The Seal War. I think at some point we will see a game based in that time period but that might not be yet. SS may or may not deal with the Seal War but the fact remains that it did happen at some point during Hyrule's bloody war torn past. So to answer your question "Is the war mentioned in TP the same as the one in OoT," I would say yes. I'm sure we'll get a clearer picture of what happened through other games or a specific game that deals with the entire topic.

Djinn

and Tonic
There are a few specific wars mentioned in the series, and a couple were only mentiond in an off comment as a description for someone or something else. For things like how OoT Link came to live in the Kokiri Forest or how Ganondorf was captured in TP, even the disappearance of the shiekah.
I REMEMBER!
I thought I had seen that before somewhere...
That belonged to the tribe that protected the Hylian royal family long ago.
They worked in secret, so they lived in a lonely, forgotten place. But I heard
that tribe dwindled in the prolonged wars...—Gor Coron

He mentioned a plural number of wars caused the Sheikah to dwindle, so Hyrule has had it's share of multiple conflicts in the past.

I think trying to tie all these things together is a common problem with prequels. Do it too much and things end up like the Star Wars prequels, where apparently all the main characters of both series knew previously knew and interacted each other in some effort by the writers to tie up every singe loose end. And then the unverse becomes so much smaller since the entire story only revolves around a select few people who somehow have no memory of each other when they meet years later creating a few too many holes in the later story.

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
There are a few wars that are mentioned throughout the series (ALttP, OoT, and TP clearly outline the history of Hyrule with that war) and it is now my belief that all of those stories tell of the same battle. The Seal War.
The interloper conflict can't be the Seal War. The SW details Ganon being sealed in the SR. Ganon wasn't around during the interloper conflict. One could say that the Door of Time sealed the SR in a way, but that's not the seal that the SW refers to. That seal was in place before OoT, and the SW seal refers to the Sages sealing Ganon inside the SR (as happens in OoT) rather than trying to keep people out.

^Forgot about the prolonged wars. One could say that these wars encompass the interloper conflict, the civil war, and the SW on the AT or the conflict regarding Ganon plus any other war that took place between OoT and TP on the CT.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom