• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Sky That Empty?

well, i haven't gotten the game yet(stupid american WII in asia...) and I'm hearing a lot of positive feedback abut the game. they say the dungeons are amazing, great music and controls. but i have heard some people complain the the sky is empty and there's basically nothing to do in it besides finding goddess cubes...
Is the Sky that empty? do you unlock more islands as you progress in the story? i really like exploration, that's why WW is my favorite game... i know that the sky's will be smaller considering the land below( i don't want too much exploration thou, so that's a good thing) but should i expect to find no secrets or anything spacial?

ZeldaAllDay

Fierce Deity
Yes it quite empty, there are very little islands to go on. The only ones you can get on have nothing for you to do except collect a treasure chest. There are ones like the pumpkin island and bamboo cutting one and the fun fun island but other than that nothing. Its my only complaint with the game.

Hmm. Well of course it's what your opinion is on 'empty', sadly for me it rather is. You have Skyloft, a place you will be visiting frequently but is the ONLY town. The only other island with life is a small pub. xD The other islands are just for the treasure chests. There are two sidequest islands - Fun Fun Island and some.... Bamboo chopping place? But yeah, apart from that it is rather boring. But don't despair! The surface is where the real fun is and thankfully Skyloft is a big place.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
It's definitely not like the Great Sea, as isn't filled with large islands, each with something to explore. But it has a few neat little areas in it. But would you really expect the sky to be cluttered with islands? The designers made it open like it is to give the feeling of actually flying through the sky. If it had craploads of islands, it wouldn't feel much like the sky, now, would it?

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It is pretty darn empty, but like JJ said it is the SKY. We can't expect too much from it, can we?

zeldahuman

Graphic Designer
It's definitely not like the Great Sea, as isn't filled with large islands, each with something to explore. But it has a few neat little areas in it. But would you really expect the sky to be cluttered with islands? The designers made it open like it is to give the feeling of actually flying through the sky. If it had craploads of islands, it wouldn't feel much like the sky, now, would it?
It is pretty darn empty, but like JJ said it is the SKY. We can't expect too much from it, can we?
Well, we also have to consider some of the... um... later plot elements involving the sky; let's just say that there's a cluster of islands some have yet to find. ;)

But yeah, the sky is kind of empty... but traveling doesn't take forever like in Wind Waker... so yeah. There are also some side-quests that involve you flying to and from Skyloft... so, even though there are lack of islands, there are still things to do in the sky.

Last edited:

Anubis

The most inactive active
Even though I'm just in the beginning of the game, the sky does seem quite empty. Exploring it all would probably only 1 hour or so.
Though, on the bright side, we have a great number of sidequests (I think at least :| ), like:
That demon side quest, those cubes, and... and... Uhm, not sure yet!

'Wing Waker'
Lol.

So the sky doesn't have much to offer, bummer
Is there stuff the explore on the land below? Besides goddess cubes?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom