• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is the Shadow Temple Really That Scary?

Did the Shadow Temple creep you out?

• It traumatized me! I dread it!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, I still find it creepy to this day.

• Only when I first played it, but not anymore.

• Not at all. What's so scary?

• Total voters
W

wideyedwanderer

I'm not easily scared, so I wasn't scared of the Shadow Temple. But I wanted to think it was scary, because I liked the atmosphere! It's one of my favorite dungeons, behind the Spirit Temple. The ghost ship, and then fighting Bongo Bongo was awesome as well. Whenever I played people always said the Forest Temple was freaky...with the music and all. But I loved it. :D

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
Before going in, I thought it would terrify me. The music was haunting, the atmosphere was creepy and foreboding, the undead enemies and invisible traps I knew awaited me inside gave me chills. I decided to finish the Spirit Temple before even going near the graveyard.

Then I actually went in, and after a while the place really grew on me. I liked the dark atmosphere, and I really started to like the music. The blood and torture devices were actually really cool in my opinion; part of the reason I liked it so much was that the evidence of torture everywhere made the theorist part of my brain start whirling about and I liked that, especially the boat, that was awesome. The enemies did still freak me out though, I can't stand redeads and gibdos and the like. Bongo Bongo was one of my favorite bosses though, he was just plain fun to fight. In general, the Shadow Temple actually became one of my favorites in the game.

The Shadow Temple is not that creepy to me, although I can see why it has that reputation. You got ReDeads, Gibdos, a Dead Hand, tourture chambers, walls made of skulls ect., but the reason it's not that creepy is that nothing looks that realistic.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
THE MUSIC that still scares me to this day (thanks to my brother) had tv on mute went downstairs for a minute next thing i heard was that damned music... but the temple itself isn't creepy the only thing that still bugs me to this day is the room with all the vioce walls i dont particularly like them. the temple is pretty awesome though

Being honest, I used to find the Shadow Temple really scary, just because I didn't play many games that involved a scary/undead/dark theme such as the Shadow Temple. So anything that was included in those themes scared me rather greatly.

However, when I play through it now, I just wonder what ever made me believe that the Shadow Temple was scary. It's got some undead enemies, some invisible blades and a little blood splattered up and down the walls. The graphics don't really allow for the Shadow Temple to be remotely scary, due to the unrealism. Although, even realistic graphics wouldn't make the Shadow Temple any scarier nowadays.

I believe that it only really scares the younger gamers and people that really have no form of bravery.

The Shadow Temple is one of my favorite dungeons in the entire series, and I have to admit I was afraid of it before I acctually played through it, but after I beat the dungeon I couldn't wait to play through the dungeon again next time I played OoT.

DuckNoises

Gone (Wind) Fishin'
It was a little scary when I first played the game, but it was more of an exciting sort of thing. It's still exciting, but not as creepy as it used to be. Now, Beneath the Well was traumatizing. Like-Likes -- oh God. D:

Shyell

On a rocketship to Mars!
The Shadow Temple isn't all that bad, I find. I was mostly stressed out because I was scared that it was going to be scary lol. I think the Forest Temple is much freakier (because of that damned music) and don't even talk to me about Beneath the Well. I didn't even bother with most of the treasure chests in there; as soon as I found the Lens of Truth I was GONE.

Jirohnagi

Braava Braava
gotta agrre about beneath the well and forest temple they are bothe freaky
shadow temple is all about illusions and death whereas the forest temple is about spiritual haunting in an old abondonded castle coz lets face it it had all the elements of a ancient castle even if it was slightly modern (elevator) the main thing was the poes SERIOUSLY i didn't expect them to nick the flames then do a puzzle for amy which i died frequently and then meg GRRR four poes i could never tell them apart and then theres PHANTOM GANON so much pain from one guy before i learned to hit his balls back at him ( i was a DUMB KID).

STEVEN

Flat The Court Composer
blahadfa

I think it was a cool dungeon. The best part is the boat. While the boss looks ugly it was easy to defeat. I really want to know however

bigflyingpotato

Watch out!
Hmm, none of the choices really apply to me. It's not nightmare inducing or anything, I don't dread returning to there if I'm playing the game (except some of the puzzles), but the ambiance is pretty creepy. It doesn't scare me, it's just creepy. When I was in the Oceanside Spider House in Majora's Mask, I was thinking "man, this is creepier than the Shadow Temple"

ComposerBrother

Composer of Hyrule
That place was the worst in existance! It was last year during midnight when I played through that thing and boom! The mid boss was H*ll not in difficulty, but rather how it looked.
*shudder*

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
It scared me quite a bit, but the Bottom of the Well scared me more.

Honestly, it still scares me somewhat, but I can mitigate it by muting the sound or playing on a smaller screen.

Mostly, it was the ReDeads and Dead Hand that scared me. The hidden walls and floors didn't help either. It was an interesting level, and not very hard... just eerie.

D

Darvington

Still creeps me out. Why? It looks like a place where they tortured people to their death, with the Gilloutines, and the spikes, the dead bodies, everything. I think it's just a big torture chamber, plus that one wall that said, "Here is where the bloody history of Hyrule's greed lays" (or something like that) creeped me out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom