• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is the Master Sword the Best Item in Zelda?

TwilightDeku

Sage of the Dark Forest
...Yes, but is the master sword really an item? It can't be assigned to any of the "item" buttons because it has its own. The only sword that is actually an item by my definition, is the great fairies sword from Majora's Mask. Unless my memory fails me, this is the only sword that you can assign to a button. My favorite ITEM by my definition, is the double clawshots!

Tadpole

Don Gero's Apprentice
No. I love being able to pick off enemies from afar with a bow and the Master Sword just doesn't offer that kind of safety. I also like to scope things out before entering. Can my sword do that? No, but the Beetle can. Not my favorite, but it takes two items to outweigh it and that's just because they fit so well with my nature, personality, and how I do things.

im sorry but the bow was funner, and so were the hookshots and spinner in Tp, and personally i used the biggoron sword more than the master sword (bought it just after fire temple and finished the side quest for the real one when i could)

Best? No. Most iconic and important? Yes. But if you look at it, 'almost every Zelda game is not at all true." There is:

-ALTTP
-OOT
-WW
-TP
-SS

5 games! out of 16!
now, OOA and OOS have a Master Sword too, but in name only. there is no plot relevence and its position in an alternate dimension makes it likely that it is just another culture's similar weapon. Also, there is Four Swords Anniversary Edition, in which it can be unlocked, but that is merely an add-on to your Four Sword. In this case, 'Master Sword' is synonymous with beam-shooting sword, implying that perhaps legends of the hero of SS have created the term 'Master Sword'. Plus, there is a 'REalm of Memories' so the Master Sword could be considered to have more of a dream-like presence in the game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom