• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Tri Force Heroes is TFH better or worse than you thought it'd be?

Kyru

WOAHHHH!
My synopsis.

It is very well done and if you expect a standard Zelda game then you will be greatly displeased. As many others have said the plot to the game I think is horrendous and the whole dressing up thing isn't my style. But for the sake of power-ups clearly being able to see your partners power-up through costume works wonderfully. Having only played online with random people and having no friends to play with it depends on the team. I think that the game has great great great puzzles that or me are way to easy to figure out but I have played with people that know the level backwards and forwards and people who clearly have never played a video game before. With that second group of people the game can get very frustrating and almost infuriating, however playing with people who know what they are doing can be a blast. Overall, fun to play and definitely a good game for multiplayer but be patient and cautious of those who are horrendous at video games in general.

Linkmaster30000

Aim for the knee
I was honestly surprised by the magnitude of the challenges. They did a very good job with the variety of levels, enemy formations, and bosses to hold my interest more than Tales of Zestiria (which I honestly thought was going to take over my life when I started playing it). I still wouldn't put it near the top of my Zelda Game List, but it was an entertaining experience overall.

The level design and just the fun of playing with friends was much better than I expected. The terrible online servers and the amount of unnecessary randomness (Treasures, stage selection with random people-which could have easily been handled by making a stage a pre-requisite for joining a server, whether the game will or won't lag online). Not nearly my favorite Zelda, but a great multiplayer experience for any owner of a 3DS.

Also, the costumes are surprisingly addicting to collect. It surprised me, and I find them to be more than enough sidequests for the whole game.

Link Floyd

ᵒⁿ ᵗʰᵉ ʳᵘⁿ
Better. Still not the ideal Zelda game, but it's enjoyable. I really like the level design and the puzzles are really good. Also, the costumes are fun to collect and I think they're all really unique.

Only complaints I have are the boss fights are **** and unmemorable, the story is lame, and there's no overworld to explore whatsoever. It's like there's nothing else to do when you're not going through the levels, and that really bothers me.

Also, I actually really like single player mode, because it's fairly challenging.

Kylo Ken

I will finish what Spyro started
Way better than I thought it'd be. I thought that unreliable team mates would ruin the experience, but I turned out to relish the challenge. Plus, my team mates aren't always as swift as a doorknob, anyways.

Diamondarrow67

Hero of Time
Remembering my days playing four swords on my gba and gamecube with friends I was pretty excited for TFH. Playing it now as much as I love TFH I would perfer four swords on gba

It basically met my expectations but I was a little bit sad that the single player wasn't so amazing because I do not have many friends or time to gather friends to play multiplayer.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
It was a lot better than I was expecting and the final few realms were actually really challenging, and so was the final boss battle. All the different clothing options giving you different powers was a surprisingly fun mechanic. Finding the right materials was sometimes a pain, though. I think the most noteworthy thing about the game was the drablands challenges. Those were actually often very difficult to do. The multiplayer wasn't the best since there was no real communication other than the shouts, and often people didn't get what it is you were trying to convey. And there was no way to tell them what you're trying to accomplish, which often leads to roulettes and people being forced to do levels they don't want to do. But I think in general it was a nice surprise. Way better than it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom