• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Scinece An Art Or Is Art Science?

Majora's Cat

How about that
Everything is science, Jetter. Us human beings are science. There's no reason why art can't be either.

As for the art part... many aspects of science can be seen as art. But remember, the direct definition of art never really mentions science. I could safely say that science is not really an art. Art is something that is either tangible or not - either way it has to be in some form of dance, drawing or expression. In some ways we can consider science art, but it's really not enough.

Jetter

Type to myself in silence
Everything is science, Jetter. Us human beings are science. There's no reason why art can't be either.

As for the art part... many aspects of science can be seen as art. But remember, the direct definition of art never really mentions science. I could safely say that science is not really an art. Art is something that is either tangible or not - either way it has to be in some form of dance, drawing or expression. In some ways we can consider science art, but it's really not enough.

You are correct that everything is about science,but everything that is science is art too.

TheGreen

is climbin' in yo windows
I believe what you are trying to get at is what parts of science/art to we perceive as art/science. In many cases that I've experienced, the creation of art is simply scientific manipulation of data. In this way the science is the art. Say you gather data, say people in a lobby or plaza. you track their movement across the area, overlay the data and *BAM* you got yourself some art. In other cases I think people can achieve science through art. Perhaps an artist makes a piece of sculpture or a painting and then he can analyze the reactions of the viewers of said art. In this way he's scientifically measuring the reactions of people so that he can produce better and more provocative art.

So I think that while they are separate they are easily combined. Also, for this combination to happen the scientist/artist must consciously be mixing the two even he doesn't notice that what he is doing is mixing art and science.

well, if your a Christian, then you believe that God created science, then it is his art through his creation.

Art is largely subjective. People often disagree on what 'art' is. Science on the other hand, is a methodology and collection of knowledge. Science is a way of finding out about and understanding reality. Science can be used to understand why people react to things such as art, however, or consider things art (psychology, neuroscience, etc.).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom