• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time Is Ocarina of Time Given the Amount of Graphical Quality It Should Have?

First, I must leave this clear. I like the graphics in Ocarina of Time, bothe what I've seen on the new version and the original. I am not a gamer that puts scrutinating detail to graphics. Taking a look at the graphic quality of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, I have to say that the game simply lacks the attention of detail it deserves. Ocarina of Time is regarded as one of the best games ever and as a fan of the series I think it deserves the best treatment as possible. Even so, I think Nintendo has not put that level of attention to its presentation. Now, I do like how the game looks and its by no means ugly or lackluster. In fact, The presentation is better, the framerate looks particularly spot on and the overall graphic do look much better.

The issue is that this is Ocarina of Time, and it simply doesn't seem that Nintendo is giving the necessary effort to make this game stand out. Its not because graphics matter, it is because this is one of the best games ever made. I would be dissapointed to see if they don't put it at the same caliber of other 3DS titles which simply look better. I do expect to this game to be among the best the 3DS has to offer, Ocarina of Time looks great in some areas but in others it barely looks better than the original. It deserves to be treated with the same level of quality as the original once was treated.

fisharox

Black Ops is my life
First, I must leave this clear. I like the graphics in Ocarina of Time, bothe what I've seen on the new version and the original. I am not a gamer that puts scrutinating detail to graphics. Taking a look at the graphic quality of Ocarina of Time for the 3DS, I have to say that the game simply lacks the attention of detail it deserves. Ocarina of Time is regarded as one of the best games ever and as a fan of the series I think it deserves the best treatment as possible. Even so, I think Nintendo has not put that level of attention to its presentation. Now, I do like how the game looks and its by no means ugly or lackluster. In fact, The presentation is better, the framerate looks particularly spot on and the overall graphic do look much better.

The issue is that this is Ocarina of Time, and it simply doesn't seem that Nintendo is giving the necessary effort to make this game stand out. Its not because graphics matter, it is because this is one of the best games ever made. I would be dissapointed to see if they don't put it at the same caliber of other 3DS titles which simply look better. I do expect to this game to be among the best the 3DS has to offer, Ocarina of Time looks great in some areas but in others it barely looks better than the original. It deserves to be treated with the same level of quality as the original once was treated.

The reason why Oot 3DS is not the Top but Second priority at the moment is because the release Skyward sword, the NEWEST Zelda game to hit the block. The emphasis is on NEW. Nintendo would be looking to extend the series and start the new timeline before Reinventing older games. Therefore Oot 3DS has taken the Backseat. But I do agree that the Graphics did let me do a little bit. But game Should look better than they looked on the Demo.

Zeanith

The Shadow Knight
I would personally like to see CGI cutscenes... Like Square does with Final Fantasy and Kingdom Hearts... but I know that's not going to happen. I love the graphics. I do want better cutscenes though... although I haven't even seen the new cutscenes... o.0 And I most certainly do NOT want voice actors! >.<;

I actually prefer the classic N64 graphics. When I play the GCN version of Ocarina, which has only slightly improved graphics, I still find myself missing the N64 visuals. A facelift for Ocarina is a cool gimmick, but soon after I'd find myself longing for the Ocarina I grew up with.

The only thing they could do to improve the graphics is to re-polygon some of the scenery. I noticed the walls seem to be pretty blocky. Besides that, the characters look great, the textures look great, the frame-rate is great, and the detail is great.

blubb

Ash Gala Wonderful!
What everyone must consider while looking at any 3DS footage on a computer screen is the high difference in resolution:
The 3DS will have a 400x240 3.5" display while fx my screen is 1920x1080 21.5"
So if I look at any 3DS gameplay on my PC, of course it looks like crap, totally pixelated and blocky, but this is natural with such extreme upscaling. Each pixel of the 3DS corresponds to 21.6 pixels on a Full HD screen, not even the best upscaling technology can make that look any good.
But that's not a problem at all because the game is supposed to be played on the 3DS and not on a computer or even TV screen. The resolution is more than enough for such a small display and therefore it will look very smooth on the actual hardware so don't get wrong impressions after looking at 3DS gameplay on a PC monitor.
And as many of you already have said, it's a remake and not an entirely new game so they won't make the graphics from scratch.
But as far as I've seen from some screenshots there are already lots of improvements. Link looks much better and another screen showed the Sacred Forest Meadow with actual background rendering instead of the simple brown walls of the N64 version. And it's still in beta stage so there will be even more polishing until release. I really don't think that Nintendo will disappoint us with the graphics for the 3DS version, after all the new 3D graphics are a main feature of it so they won't mess it up.

This game is perfect the way it is.
It needs nothing added to it.
Why fix it when its not broken.
The game is perfect graphically.
Although graphics is the least important thing when it comes to any game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom