• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Mario still fat?

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
We have been focussing on the in game reasons why he might be fat, but we must also consider that Nintendo chooses to make him fat.

Take a look at Mario, he is the good guy. Nintendo's poster boy, he is portrayed as fat and someone to aspire to be like.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesRXXZ40HL.jpg

Now if we look over to another franchise of Nintendo, which all are familiar with here we see how an athletic appearance is negatively reinforced.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesPB65X343.jpg

Ganondorf is probably Nintendo's most in shape main character and he is portrayed as the king of all evil. Someone not to aspire to be like.

Looking at this we need to ask ourselves, is Nintendo purposefully encouraging obesity? Are they in the pockets of the fast food chains? More obesity means more time on the couch which means more time spent playing games.

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
He's an Italian plumber, they're always fat. It is interesting though, I mean what would happen if he got stuck in a pipe? Would that be the end of his career? He would probably starve to death as well and be eaten alive by a Piranha Plant.

Pretty dark stuff.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
He's an Italian plumber, they're always be fat. It is interesting though, I mean what would happen if he got stuck in a pipe? Would that be the end of his career? He would probably starve to death as well and be eaten alive by a Piranha Plant.

Pretty dark stuff.

If he got stuck, after starving for a bit he might lose enough weight to slip down the pipe.

Dan

Let's not forget that in Mario Party 8 the dear plumber switches his diet of mushrooms to candy, although we have no idea what sort of candy it is, in general candy isn't good for you.

I think the biggest factor not being considered here is how strange Mario's world is when there's places not only on his planet that are constructed of junk food but entire galaxies are made of the stuff.

Mario Kart
gaming-mario-kart-8-screenshot-2.jpg

Mario Galaxy
915692_20071102_screen019.jpg

More Mario Kart

ChocoIsland2ds.PNG

Perhaps most of the other inhabitants in the Mushroom Kingdom have enough self-discipline not to gorge themselves on the landscapes above, Mario on the other hand has to transverse these landscapes all the time to stop Bowser. The landscapes are hypnotic, how could anyone not go back there and feast. Perhaps that's what Mario does on his days off.

Let's not forget that in Mario Party 8 the dear plumber switches his diet of mushrooms to candy, although we have no idea what sort of candy it is, in general candy isn't good for you.

I think the biggest factor not being considered here is how strange Mario's world is when there's places not only on his planet that are constructed of junk food but entire galaxies are made of the stuff.

Mario Kart
gaming-mario-kart-8-screenshot-2.jpg

Mario Galaxy
915692_20071102_screen019.jpg

More Mario Kart

ChocoIsland2ds.PNG

Perhaps most of the other inhabitants in the Mushroom Kingdom have enough self-discipline not to gorge themselves on the landscapes above, Mario on the other hand has to transverse these landscapes all the time to stop Bowser. The landscapes are hypnotic, how could anyone not go back there and feast. Perhaps that's what Mario does on his days off.

That explains everything

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
I don't think Mario is obese, and I also don't think 5'1 is an accurate height. This sounds like one of those things like in Metroid Prime, where Zebes was described an exaggerated mass. Mario is lighter than most adults at his normal size, and at most 240 lbs with a Mushroom.

Besides which, do not fail to account for muscle mass.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Nintendo have stated him to be 5ft 1. Ignoring that look at this statue of him next to a skinny dude. Those are marios actual proportions and look how small he makes the guy look. Mario is O-bese! No question about it.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_Giant-Mario-Statue-2.jpg

Dan

I guess you can't really measure Mario's weight by conventional means, his bone mass must be a lot heavily with hands like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom