• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Mario still fat?

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
I'd describe it as Nintendo continuing the disgustingly over-sexualisation of their characters. Mario is simply the next victim. Next he'll become more muscular, wear short-sleeves to show off his bulging biceps, wearing tighter trousers. Is there no end to Nintendo's depravity? The sooner we boycott them the better. #downwithsex

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
H
I guess he does still have a bit of a tummy, but he looks like he has lost weight if you look at Smash Bros U and Mario Galaxy.
They need to make him more muscular and wear minimal clothing to emphasise an athletic physique. Obesity is on the rise and it is purely Mario to blame.

He seems to be keeping his weight down with golfing and tennis etc...

But how would you describe Mario's weight?
He may not be as big as he once was but he is still a tubby man, his waist circumference is way too big to be healthy, all that visceral fat is not good.

They need to make him more musclebound and ditch the belly in favour of rippled abs. He should be shown in tight clothing to emphasise this. Obesity is on the rise and we only have Mario to blame for it. I only hope Nintendo can turn things around before it is too late.

Curmudgeon

default setting: sarcastic prick
as long as peach keeps her ponytail in the fireflower suit, I'm good with whatever.

I am glad that Mario is obese. A non traditional looking gaming character is showing that Nintendo can relate to all parts of it's society with it's gaming characters. In saying that of recent Nintendo has fallen into the sexy trap. Past Mario/Bowser, Captain Olimar and Kirby/King Dedede there's not many Nintendo characters that are not trim and buff.

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
No.

No!!!

...no. no.. nuh-uh...

Yes, 20 years ago. Now, n-n-no. He isn't.

Consider his size, if you will. On average, he is about, what, a little over three feet tall? Today, given his appearance, he's not in bad shape. In fact, it places him about on par with Mickey Mouse.

Mario's size does vary though, and depending on your interpretation of the effects of a Super Mushroom, he may get pretty heavy. Even if he just grew to the height of an average adult, he'd look like someone in a Mario suit (like in old commercials.) On the other hand, the series lack of consistency makes it unclear if the small Mario seen in the new games represents his normal size (I doubt it.)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
No.

No!!!

...no. no.. nuh-uh...

Yes, 20 years ago. Now, n-n-no. He isn't.

Consider his size, if you will. On average, he is about, what, a little over three feet tall? Today, given his appearance, he's not in bad shape. In fact, it places him about on par with Mickey Mouse.

Mario's size does vary though, and depending on your interpretation of the effects of a Super Mushroom, he may get pretty heavy. Even if he just grew to the height of an average adult, he'd look like someone in a Mario suit (like in old commercials.) On the other hand, the series lack of consistency makes it unclear if the small Mario seen in the new games represents his normal size (I doubt it.)

His official height is 5ft 1 I think. I don't know if that is on a shroom or not. However his height doesn't factor into anything apart from that he wont weigh as much as a taller person. And weight is not an indicator of how fat a person is.

The guy has a pot belly and despite the fact that people are getting fatter these days making him appear less fat, the fact still stands, he's fat too. There comes a certain point when a persons bodyfat becomes something that could potentially cause health issues and that is not affected by how fat anyone else is and how slim Mario looks by comparison.

C__Data_Users_DefApps_AppData_INTERNETEXPLORER_Temp_Saved Images_imagesRXXZ40HL.jpg

He's fat ok

pkfroce

Skelepuns
SM64DS_FloatingPower.jpg

Masked Bastard

formerly Captain B
5'1" sounds like his Super Mushroom height. It doesn't particularly make him seem terribly superhuman at that size, but again its hard to gauge things in Mario's universe.

he's round but at normal size he's still gotta be significantly lighter than most adults.

As for Super Mushroom...
ani_all1kiss.gif
Damn.

...Wait, Big Mario is taller than Peach!! Or maybe she's bending down. She can't possibly be anywhere *near* the lower fives. How tall is Peach supposed to be? She's usually significantly taller than Mario, so I'd presume at those times he's obviously not under the effect of a shroom (and in the above scene, you're actually give a super mushroom if you're not already big, so you're definitely super-sized in it.)

Mario definitely looks a bit wide, when scaled up to that height in any case. His size otherwise though, again, doesn't strike me as very fat.

Last edited:

Dan

This is an interesting question. I scoured the internet to see if Nintendo have ever actually given Mario an official weight in which they haven't. So the most we can do is assume he's around 200 pounds or so based on real world counterparts. His height has been officially made known as 5'1(155 CM). Mario's age is also another mystery, I think he could be around 30-40. I decided to use the NHS BMI calculator for the lols.

ja2sgS3.png

I would say Mario is pretty active.
Zgj2pPZ.png

Oh dear
H5xvu80.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom