• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Is Linkle the best character in HWL?

*M i d n a*

Æsir Scribe
Okay, maybe this is too soon to be asking since I am not even halfway through the game. But I think she's pretty good, probably the best I have so far. Her combos make it easy to beat the crap out of the hordes. I am using all characters, of course, but there always has to be some favorites, right? So it's Linkle and Midna right now, and a third is Link followed closely by Impa.

Extra question. Is she suppose to be Link female version for those who ever wish to play as female Link? lol just curious.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Nope, she isn't supposed to be a female Link. I like her. I think she is pretty cool. Some people hate her and some like her but in general she is a very solid character with great combos. What I like about this game is how people dislike using certain characters and other people love them. I personally dislike Agitha as a warrior because her attacks suck unless you keep on using combos in a row. But I know people who use her as their main. I also know people who dislike using Fi but I like her because once you know how to use her, she can be a very decent warrior. Yes, everybody have their favs. My fav character is Volga by far. My main trio to use is Volga, Link and Ganondorf with the trident. But I also like to use Twili Midna, Cia and Toon Link.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Linkle ain't no fem Link. Linkle is "The Other Hero". She's her own character, and a damn fun one. I don't know if I'd call her the best (Lana holds that title imo), but she's waaay up there for sure. She's one of my favorite characters in the series. I love her design and I love her moveset and I love her personality. I can't wrap my head around why some people don't like her.

I think that Zant is a bit more powerful and also funner to play. But that's just my opinion so idk

And I'm pretty sure that Lana is pretty different from Link, so I wouldn't think of her as Fem!Link

I personally love Linkle! She's fun to use, decently powerful, has a wide range, and she sings the Zelda fanfare song. Too bad she doesn't have a sword, but there are plenty of sword users anyway.

ToxicWolf1132

Super High School Level Despair
Linkle is interesting, because she's not techincally the hero, but she believes she is, and by getting completely lost ( her victory pose is just her trying to head to hyrule castle, but going in the complete opposite direction), she accidentally does save the day. It's an interesting twist for the story, even if her campaign doesn't actually end up doing much with it. That said, she's an absolute beast of a character. I think it's pretty funny seeing all these giant monsters and villains get destroyed by her, but her abilities are no joke. She's one of my top characters for HWL

I was in the camp that prejudged Link or when her character was announced.
The actual execution was a lot of fun, as mentioned in the post above mine. Plus, the crossbows are unique. One of my favorite characters.

Okay, maybe this is too soon to be asking since I am not even halfway through the game. But I think she's pretty good, probably the best I have so far. Her combos make it easy to beat the crap out of the hordes. I am using all characters, of course, but there always has to be some favorites, right? So it's Linkle and Midna right now, and a third is Link followed closely by Impa.

Extra question. Is she suppose to be Link female version for those who ever wish to play as female Link? lol just curious.
I will also say No she is not the best.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
I was in the camp that prejudged Link or when her character was announced.
The actual execution was a lot of fun, as mentioned in the post above mine. Plus, the crossbows are unique. One of my favorite characters.
I hated her name and also expected to dislike her, but that changed as soon as I first had to play her. She's not the best character in the game but she is definitely one of my favs.

D

Deleted member 14134

Yes, Linkle adds the necessary sex appeal that the game needs and is the female link we've all been asking for. Why she isn't the main character in BOTW is beyond me.

Jamie

Till the roof comes off, till the lights go out...
trans-pan-demi-ethno-christian-math-autis-genderfluid-cheesecake
Yes, Linkle adds the necessary sex appeal that the game needs and is the female link we've all been asking for. Why she isn't the main character in BOTW is beyond me.
I personally think that Link has all the sex appeal we need. She's so good looking in twilight princess.

Link is also my favourite character to play in HWL, but Linkle is a solid one.

Spamomanospam

Captain Kick-ass
I don't think she's necessarily the best, that definitely depends on play style. However, I think she is asking the easiest characters to use effectively. Her automatic firing crossbows tear up big enemies and fill your special attack gauge, which can easily take out a big group of trash mobs, thus refilling your crossbow gauge. Many characters require a more difficult learning curve, or simply play completely differently. I think they are all fairly closely balanced, though.

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤

Linkle is more of a sex appeal but I think the most powerful is Zant

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom