• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Kafei a Sheikah

OotLord1003

Young Link
Funny Possiblity, but no....these are just skin and eye charactistics.
Next your going to say that the post man has dark skin than others, so he must be related to the gerudo!
It just dosen't make sence, sorry for being the party pooper.

Last edited:

Ikana

Trollkastel
The connection could be possible but who knows.The Termina Sheikah could be different then the Hyrule Sheikah,maybe the Termina Sheikah don't act like the Hyrule Sheikah and just act like normal people.As for the lens of truth and the gossip stones I have no clue if they are connected to the Sheikah like they are in Hyrule and maybe they have a different origin.As for Kafeis Father (Mayor Doctour) doesn't appear to have red eyes as his son Kafei does.Nor can we tell with his Mother (Madame Aroma) since her eyes are not shown throughout the game.He could be connected or maybe hes not I have no idea how he could or how he could not be connected.

Random Person

Just Some Random Person
Let us not forget Impaz. If we need another comparison, I'd say use her. View attachment 6260

Her skin is dark but her eyes aren't red. That could just be due to her age though.
I'm not 100% sure whether Kafei's a Sheikah or not, but for those who say they need another comparison, there you go.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
The Terminan Lens of Truth and the Gossip Stones still have the mark of the Sheikah on them, If Nintendo wanted to tell us that they had nothing to do with the Terminan Sheikah they probably would have changed the design.

......unless they were just being lazy :dry:

EDIT: According to ZeldaWiki Dark skin is not really a sheikah trait...

The Sheikah are a humanoid race, bearing great resemblance to the Hylian race in both appearance and magical capacity. As far as physical features go, the two identifying features that distinguish a Sheikah from other humanoid races are their distinctive red eyes and their pointed ears, though they share the latter with the Hylian race. The distinctive red eyes are the sole physiological difference that sets the Sheikah apart from the Hylians.

Funny Possiblity, but no....these are just skin and eye charactistics.
Next your going to say that the post man has dark skin than others, so he must be related to the gerudo!
It just dosen't make sence, sorry for being the party pooper.

This is actually kind of....true. C'mon guys, I know there's not much to talk about in Zelda right now, but I literally facepalmed when I saw this thread today.

First, what relevance did the Sheikah have in MM at all? Closest thing we can get to is MAYBE they had something to do with the Lens of Truth being in the Goron Village, but really, where's the basis for that? Because I can't find any. Either that or somehow connect them to Ikana and the Stone Tower, but that's already taken up, what with the Ikana and Garo. No room for Sheikah there; you just can't make it work.

Now for Kafei himself, all that's there is a supposedly darker skin tone and red eyes. No in-game evidence based off of actions, or even in-game text that might even slightly lead one to consider that he's part of a race...... from another dimension. And even then, wouldn't his parents have to be Sheikah? His mother clearly isn't, and I don't see how you could spin that the Mayor somehow is.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
A recessive gene? I don't know.... I didn't think of this theory, I've seen it in onther places and wanted to know what you thought...

also I discovered that Impaz does in fact have red eyes... woo?
Impaz.jpg

W

Wendygo

Just wanna give my input in the debate; the game comes from Japan. If you're at all familiar with manga and anime, you'll know that hair and eye colours are so far out there, there's a good chance someone just randomly picked from a Dulux colour chart. :I

Rytex

Resident Netizen
Well, while Impa is the only CONFIRMED character to be Sheikah, many people in Kakariko Town in OoT also share similarities with the Sheikah (and they have the same skin. not darker. I'll post the Link *giggle* (Bad Zelda joke) to the Zelda Wiki article on the Sheikah), such as Dampe, who has the pointed ears, but not the red hair (but he's bald, so who knows?)

http://www.zeldawiki.org/Sheikahhttp://www.zeldawiki.org/Sheikah/Theories

Vibed

must read before he posts
...such as Dampe, who has the pointed ears, but not the red hair (but he's bald, so who knows?)

Red hair? It's red eyes.

I don't think Kafei is a Sheikah. Why would he being Sheikah have anything to do with Kafei's problems? It doesn't. Therefore, Nintendo had no reason to make him a Sheikah.

Norisom

Hero of Something...
Having darker skin then someone else doesn't mean that you are not of the same race......

Having darker skin then someone else doesn't mean that you are not of the same race......

Last edited:

figthersword

Hylian Coward
I don't think kaifei is a sheikah, it's just only a coincidence BTW if kaifei is a sheikah then why he was running after the quest in acquiring his mask? and if he is also a sheikah how come sakon the thief stole his mask?

Is there any other further explanation? :P

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
I don't really think that Kafei is a Sheikah, but the reason for that is simple.

I believe that the Sheikah are a culture, not a race. Since he hasn't displayed any connection to the Sheikah culture, I doubt that he's part of it.

Now, if you believe that the Sheikah are a race, and that red eyes distinguish that race... then it seems likely that he is at least related to them, even if he isn't aware of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom