• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Kafei a Sheikah

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I don't think there is another thread like this, I did search for one, if there is this can be deleted or whatever. Spoiler warning is up for people who haven't played OoT/MM and don't want to spoil themselves :3

In OoT we learn about a mysterious near-extinct race of ninja-like people, the Sheikah. Zelda's nursemaid/bodyguard Impa who is the only confirmed Sheikah in the series, and possibly the only Sheikah left in Hyrule. We also have the character Sheik, who is revealed to actually be Zelda in disguise as a Sheikah boy.

The characteristics of a Sheikah (Going solely on Sheik and Impa's looks) seem to be: Red eyes, dark skin, and pointed ears.

ZeldaOOT_personnagePrincipal_impaHaut.jpg
images

Screenshots of Sheik and Impa

Now we have Kafei, a character in Majora's Mask who was cursed by Skull Kid and turned into a child

Kafei.jpg

He usually wears the Keaton mask to cover his face, but when he removes the mask in the Anju and Kafei sidequest he is revealed to have red eyes and slightly darker skin that most Terminians, which are Sheikah characteristics.

Judging by the fact that he has lighter skin that Sheik and Impa, he is probably not fully Sheikah, but a mix of Sheikah and Terminan/Hylian.

Discuss.

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
*Sigh* I think you are blind.....

I used the colour select tool on paint to select their skin colours
Link Impa Skin.jpg

And about the official art thing, the N64 has terrible graphical power, had OoT been made for the Wii the characters would look much more like the art.

In my opinion, I doubt that due to the fact that all 3 share characteristics, that it makes Kafei a Sheikah, it's possible, but not hugely. My reasoning behind believing so is that Zelda would have taken Impa's appearance heavily into consideration whilst producing her disguise as Shiek. Zelda probably wouldn't have seen another Sheikah in her life due to her being so young, and that the Sheikah were already a near extinct race at this point. Therefore, I don't see Shiek as a Sheikah, since she wasn't born or brought up a Sheikah, and was merely using the persona to disguise herself from Ganondorf while she was helping Link with his journey.

My next reason for believing that this is just a mere coincidence, is that you've only really seen one Sheikah in the entire Legend of Zelda series, so the comparison's you made don't cut it in terms of evidence in my eyes, if there say, a couple dozen who all shared traits like this, then sure, it's strong evidence. But you don't have a couple dozen that do share these traits, you have one real Sheikah and Shiek who would have been heavily based off of a Sheikah (Zelda could have given him any appearance that she wanted, but it's best to change as many traits as possible to hide from somebody, since it's much harder to recognise you).

SheikahWarrior

Randomus Pervertus
I see your point Durion, it would have better if there were more Sheikah than just Impa and Sheik who may have just been a disguise depending on what you think, It's just the eyes that made me think, because the Sheikah are (I think) The only 'human' race with red eyes.

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
Just because Kafei has red eyes and slightly dark skin does not imply that he is a Sheikah or part Sheikah. At the same time, Kafei has purple hair (and I'm also certain it's not dyed, his father has that as well). It is possible, but doubtful, that Kafei is Sheikah. Of course we have only seen one true Sheikah in the series (Impa; Sheik doesn't count), unless you count Impaz.

Toon_Link

Super Awesome Member
I don't think there's a connection since Termina is in a different dimension, but there's still a slight possibility, but I don't know how Kafei can be from lazy character design there isn't a single character that looks exactly or close to him in OoT.

Diablo

King of Redeads
I see the similarities but Kafei cannot be a Sheikah. Since the Sheikah serve the royal family, and there is no royal family in Termina so there is no need to have Sheikah there.

Xinnamin

Mrs. Austin
The Gossip Stones and Lens of Truth were only confirmed to be connected to the Sheikah in OoT. Termina is an alternate dimension with a different history and lore about it. As such, items like the Gossip Stones and the Lens may have had completely different origins. After all, the Lens was found on an isolated cave across a gorge in Snowhead, and I can see no connections between Snowhead and anything remotely Sheikah besides the prevalence of invisible secrets, which by itself is not enough evidence to make any firm conclusions.

As to the question at hand regarding Kafei's lineage, yes there's a possibility he's part Sheikah, but we must keep in mind that Terminian Sheikah are not be the same as Hyrulean Sheikah, and their history is not the same either. The Sheikah of Hyrule pretty near died out, but for all we know Termina's Sheikah race may have just interbred into the Terminian race to the point where there's no longer any distinction between the two besides a few recessive traits, like red eyes, that may appear every once in a while. In other words, I don't think there's a direct prevalent connection, but a connection is possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom