• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Ghirahim Actually Bad?

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Slightly off-topic, but speaking of names:
  1. Ganon (Irish?) = fair complexion.
  2. Dorf (Ashkenazic Jewish?) = nickname or topographic name for someone who lived in a village, German Dorf.

• (German) = village.

This all leads to nothing, as none of it appears to describe Ganondorf or his personality or anything. One thing's for certain, his name is odd considering the real-world culture on which the Gerudo are based...

Ganondorf is an early Nintendo name that was probably conceived at random and has no real meaning. Ghirahim is a much more recent design, and thus it is more likely there's actual thought being put into it.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Slightly off-topic, but speaking of names:
  1. Ganon (Irish?) = fair complexion.
  2. Dorf (Ashkenazic Jewish?) = nickname or topographic name for someone who lived in a village, German Dorf.

• (German) = village.

This all leads to nothing, as none of it appears to describe Ganondorf or his personality or anything. One thing's for certain, his name is odd considering the real-world culture on which the Gerudo are based...
Ganondork has nowhere near a FAIR complexion. Hahaha

Foe some reason the moment I saw him I thought that he might have good in him.
Probably because you heard of FABULOUS Debbie, lol

Oh my gosh. Why can't Nintendo just release this game already. The waiting is CRAZY! Anyways, Ghirahim is quite the interesting character, so I wouldn't know his intentions. And like others said in this thread, what we've seen in the trailer isn't enough to judge if Ghirahim is a good guy.
He has to be evil, I mean he threatens to kill Link! Link is *always* the good guy, and I don't think Nintendo would make Link the bad guy without explaining themselves! xD

Ganondorf is an early Nintendo name that was probably conceived at random and has no real meaning. Ghirahim is a much more recent design, and thus it is more likely there's actual thought being put into it.

Exactly. What's funny is that he is later given a backstory which states that he comes from a desert (with Egyptian themes?), but his name, given how random it seems - with its origins unintentionally stemming from Irish and German roots - makes things odd.

Lord Ghirahim is indeed a more well-thought out character whose every aspect has been considered, that apparently includes his name on which I, myself, based a theory about a month ago. :yes:

i actually put up a post about this.

my far-fetched theory is that Ghirahim wants to overthrow the other demon overlords, and is using link to defeat them.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
i actually put up a post about this.

my far-fetched theory is that Ghirahim wants to overthrow the other demon overlords, and is using link to defeat them.
I've seen that before in the Kingdom Hearts series. A big organization is using a certain character to wipe out it's traitors, which unfortunately (it's actually very fortunate for the main antagonist, I won't say why) brings about the leader's end as well. Although if Ghirahim were doing just that, why would he threaten to outright kill Link? For submissive purposes? xD

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It is? I read that it was Urdu. I even went to several online translators and I got back Diamond when putting English to Urdu x)

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
On the topic on hand, I sincerely hope Ghirahim is truly evil and will remain evil for the entire game,and I'm tired of villans I can feel sorry for.
I hope so as well. I am not happy with the way they handled Ganondorf in the wind waker although he is said to be the most developed in that,they made him into a tragic villain and it actually contradicted his personality in other games

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
It seemed like Ganondorf in TWW was just playing his cards so he could get some sympathy, which would lead to his getting both Triforce pieces. I don't think Ghirahim has any intention on getting sympathy from anyone, not even any higher-ups that may exist, nor do I think he's inadvertently crazy like Zant was, so I think he will get both good development as a villain, and good development for his end. I doubt there will be some hidden hand that's moving him - if there was then the game wouldn't be as epic as everyone is hoping it will be.

L

linkfan

Can you tell me what Munawwar means? ;) It's my name btw.

And Rahman is just a variation of Rahim, they both mean compassionate, beneficent, merciful, proud etc. Compassionate and beneficient definitely don't correspond withGhirahim, and even if I'm wrong with it meaning "proud" merciful is still a proper adjective.

I've also heard that "Ghira" is also a word meaning "diamond"... but I forgot the language.

The diamond thing would make sense, because Ghirahim has diamonds all over him

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom