• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler Is Ghirahim Actually Bad?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I don't know. Akbar means great, Rahim is Mercy. Compassionate is Rahman. I've studied Arabic since I was 5, and while I forgot a good majority of it (hadhihi shajara=This is a tree? I think?), I still know a couple of adjectives. But you are right, it makes sense for the character so no use in quarreling.

Juicie, it isn't an "Arabic" guy, it's an "Arab" guy. I know enough of English AND Arabic to know that.

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Can you tell me what Munawwar means? ;) It's my name btw.

And Rahman is just a variation of Rahim, they both mean compassionate, beneficent, merciful, proud etc. Compassionate and beneficient definitely don't correspond withGhirahim, and even if I'm wrong with it meaning "proud" merciful is still a proper adjective.

I've also heard that "Ghira" is also a word meaning "diamond"... but I forgot the language.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Nope, I can't. I forgot a lot of my Arabic adjectives I know Al'Ala means The Most High though.
I think you mean Hira, it's an Urdu word for Diamonds x) lol

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Ah, I see. Well, I think that was intentional for them to include Hira in there somewhere as a subtle reference...

On the topic on hand, I sincerely hope Ghirahim is truly evil and will remain evil for the entire game. I don't want another embarrassment like Zant, and I'm tired of villans I can feel sorry for. No matter what the tragedy, I want to hate my villan and have motivation to make a fool of myself in the living room and slash him to bits.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Ah, I see. Well, I think that was intentional for them to include Hira in there somewhere as a subtle reference...

On the topic on hand, I sincerely hope Ghirahim is truly evil and will remain evil for the entire game. I don't want another embarrassment like Zant, and I'm tired of villans I can feel sorry for. No matter what the tragedy, I want to hate my villan and have motivation to make a fool of myself in the living room and slash him to bits.
[G]Merciful Diamonds? LOL.

I don't think you'll be disappointed with Ghirahim, I mean...he's making death threats and crazed movements in a way that Zant just can't beat! Besides, Ghirahim seems really calm (and evil) when he isn't putting on airs, so I'm hoping that when you fight him for the final time he won't pull some stupid "IT'S MY KINGDOM OMGEEEEE!" thing like Zant did.

Big Octo

=^)
I still think this a bad standpoint. He's evil, and there's absolutely no reason to say otherwise. Guessing by his name is not logical.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
We're not guessing, we're wondering.
Logic sucks anyway, when do you ever see practical use in THAT? /sarcasm

Caelus

Sage of Wisdom
Etymology is a great use for speculating about fictional characters- otherwise they might as well have named Ghirahim "Bob" and left it at that.

I don't think I'll be disappointed either, he seems like the type of villain that matures and grows less arrogant with the player. My favorite villain as of now.

Slightly off-topic, but speaking of names:
  1. Ganon (Irish?) = fair complexion.
  2. Dorf (Ashkenazic Jewish?) = nickname or topographic name for someone who lived in a village, German Dorf.

• (German) = village.

This all leads to nothing, as none of it appears to describe Ganondorf or his personality or anything. One thing's for certain, his name is odd considering the real-world culture on which the Gerudo are based...

geek4887

The Unknown
Oh my gosh. Why can't Nintendo just release this game already. The waiting is CRAZY! Anyways, Ghirahim is quite the interesting character, so I wouldn't know his intentions. And like others said in this thread, what we've seen in the trailer isn't enough to judge if Ghirahim is a good guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom