• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Is Every Link a Hero?

Family Tree

A friend of mine let me borrow the Oracle of seasons graphic novel last week. The storyline is a bit different from the game. In the beginning, Link is born. His mother notices the triforce on his left hand and therefore names him Link. That got me thinking. Every big chunk of years, somebody in links family tree is born with the triforce on his hand. Ironically, it happens whenever some trouble is about to happen. Like in Oos, General Onox comes to Holodrum when Link is of age. It's like fate made it so that if there's trouble, a chosen hero will be born and for some reason the family has to name him Link. The same goes for Zelda. Really, we don't know. Maybe there are other Links in between games that only fight wars and guard Hyrule instead of going on crazy adventures. What do you guys think? Do you think that fate made it so that if trouble is brewing, a link with a triforce will come to save the day? Hope this helps!:)

Last edited:
first of all, lets start with this:

Oracle of seasons graphic novel

so, you need to understand that its non cannon or whatever you wanna call it, maybe you already knew this, just making us sure.

all the links need to be family... wait, who says that all the links are family?, as far as I know, when hyrule is in trouble, a hero is destined to appear, but no one has said that the hero is part of the same blood line or anything, personally, I dont think that all the heros are part of a blood line, maybe indirectly, but I dont think so.

going more on-topic, I suppose than the other members of the time line could have been knights, look at link´s uncle in Alttp, for example, but I dont think they could be even called "link" ("link" not taking about the name of the guy)

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Ganondorf sums it up in his removed monologue at the end of TP:

"When one who holds the chosen power appears...
Necessarily, one to accomplish the antithesis of that will be born.
That is the fate of those who bear the crests that were awarded by the gods you believe in.
Whenever those bearing the crests appear in this world...
An age of bloodshed will come, as often as need be."
(source)

zeldafan123

Hero of the Lost Realm
OK we all know that each Link in the Zelda franchise is a hero, but only these versions of Link. I have heard that Link is reincarnated every generation in order to protect the land. But what if there was no danger or Ganon or some other evil wasn't threatening Hyrule and would the Link of that generation just live a simple life. Leave your opinions in the comments and I'll get back to you:).

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I don't think Link is reincarnated in that situation. I think his sole purpose, set to him the the Godesses, is to protect the land from destruction and to vanquish any evil. If there is no threat, then there is no Link. At least, no reincarnated Link.

i-am-link

DGN's Metaphysicist
Yeah maybe! They're Godesses! They can do anything. But if that's the case, then they could stop Ganondorf themselves if they wanted to...

Maybe they're lazy Godesses!

If they created Hyrule then why can't they just take the Triforce of Power off Ganon and give it to Link?

Well, that wouldn't be much fun, would it? ;D

I would not say that link is reincarnated in each generation, the hero is supposed to appear when the evil...darkness, or whatever appears.

and remember that the triforce doesnt distinct between good and evil

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom