• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Twilight Princess Irritated with All of the Bad Stuff Said About It!

Do You Agree With What I Said In This Post

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
Every day I see threads with something bad to say about TP. I know everyone has their rights to speak their opinions, but I think it doesn't make much sense to talk bad about a game on a site that is supposed to be for fans of the franchise.

I am aware and agree with that you have the right to say which Zelda games you like better, but not so sure about a right to put other Zelda games down. Every Zelda game is a new and amazing touch to the series, and I think that the putting other games down should stop.

I think TP is put down because it's compared to the other games, and it's not right to judge a game by another one.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I am aware and agree with that you have the right to say which Zelda games you like better, but not so sure about a right to put other Zelda games down.
That right there. You just said it yourself. We have the right to call one game better if we choose to do so, and in doing so, we are calling one game inferior to another in some way.

You're a bit contradictory there, methinks.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
What I mean by "saying which Zelda games you like better" is listing your favorites and explaining why without talking crap about other games at the same time.

Like, for example,
"___ is my favorite because it's ______" is what it should be. Stating your favorite without putting another down.

But I constantly see this:
"____ isn't a good game because it copied off of ____" or something of that sort.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
I am not at all thinking about my favorites.

I'm just saying how you're contradictory in your first post.

I agree and I haven't even played the game.

I know you might think, why am I posting in here if I have never played the game.

But, for one I know numerous people who thinks it a great game and second, people should not say anything bad about a Zelda game.

I know people have a right to their own opinion, but I do get irritated about people saying bad stuff about this game.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
As fans, we have every right to say if we like one game over another. In doing so, one is going to be held in higher regard than the other, and a fall in favoritism is inevitable.

What exactly was the point of this thread, anyway?

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
I'm not saying I want it to stop falling below others, I know I can't do that nor would I want to, because everyone has their choices. But what I'm saying is that all the threads that are created purposely to talk bad about TP are getting on my nerves.

Shadsie

Sage of Tales
Oh, I think people have the right to compare one game to another when we're dealing with series games. It's comparing a Zelda to a Zelda, not say, Shadow of the Colussus to Super Mario World (which are in two totally different leagues/spheres/genres). Comparing Twilight Princess to a game that came before (Ocarina of Time seems the most common comparison) is perfectly valid being two games in the same series with the same themes and character-achetypes.

However, I do know what you mean. Twilight Princess is my favorite game of the Zelda series and I've gotten sick of defending why I like it. I say, people can poo on a game all they want as long as they don't poo on *me* for having a preference. So, whenever I see these "TP Good or Bad?" or TP comparison threads, I've learned to stay out of them unless I specifically feel like arguing for whatever odd reason. Lately, it's so tiring I think "why fight?" and leave it all alone.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Then how about posting in those threads, and doing something about it, instead of making this thread. Rather seems a bit like a cry for attention.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
It's nowhere near a cry for attention, it's defending one of my favorite Zelda games. It just doesn't make sense to me why people create threads on this site to say crap about a Zelda game, instead of just stating their favorite without tearing another one down.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Okay, how about then you go to those threads with the posts that bother you so much, and take it there, instead of making an entire thread devoted to it. That, is what seems to be the cry of attention.

MidnaOfTheTwili

Link x Zelda
What is so wrong with me trying to defend it? You're acting as if I commited a crime. And besides, one post on one thread won't get people to stop, I'm just hoping that a thread to bring to attention the unfair attacking of TP will help. Honestly, I get irritated and it ruins my day when I see one of those threads, and it doesn't seem fair to me to talk crap about a Zelda game on IT'S OWN SITE.

Ganondorf

"Dandori Issue"
Okay, I'll say it again, because clearly both my and other people's messages are not getting to you.

People have every right to say if they don't like a game or not. You have no say in what they can think about a particular game, they can say and think whatever they want to. If you let it bother you, you're being silly.

I take my leave.

Hero of…. #s, I guess
I'm with Ganondorf here, I love Twilight Princess, but, IMO, it pales in comparison to Ocarina or Majora's Mask. If I want to express that thought, I will. If you don't like it, then you deal with it or stay out of the thread. This site is here to have discussions with Zelda fans about the Zelda games. So if I'm pointing out things I don't like about Zelda: Twilight Princess, I'm discussing a Zelda game, no?

EDIT:
Oh, and
I think TP is put down because it's compared to the other games, and it's not right to judge a game by another one.

But how else will you judge a game?

Kybyrian

What is so wrong with me trying to defend it? You're acting as if I commited a crime. And besides, one post on one thread won't get people to stop, I'm just hoping that a thread to bring to attention the unfair attacking of TP will help. Honestly, I get irritated and it ruins my day when I see one of those threads, and it doesn't seem fair to me to talk crap about a Zelda game on IT'S OWN SITE.

People have a right to their opinions. If somebody has a good reason to dislike a game, they can feel free to express their views on it. This is a Zelda site for the discussion about Zelda games, not necessarily a site where everybody has to like every single Zelda game. There will always be people who don't completely enjoy everything. There are people who give a lot of good reasons for why they dislike Twilight Princess, and though I generally disagree with some of their points, they have every right to voice them. You may think it's stupid for people to dislike a Zelda game and be a Zelda fan, but there are always fans who are disappointed with one or more of the games in a series. That doesn't mean they aren't a fan or can't participate in discussion concerning the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom