• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Rubik (1): funnier6
Ragnarokio (2): Bok Chan Sama, Doc
funnier6 (2): Moe the Moblin, Rubik
Not Voting: karu, Minish_Link, funnier6, Rubik, Doc, Ragnarokio, Ayano Keiko
Day 4 ends at 1pm PDT on Friday, May 4, 2018. With 7 here, 4 votes makes majority.
if rag flips town I agree it looks really bad

but I'm not going to question what appears to be a point blank seer check

insta looks bad (didn't realize it was an insta, thought we only have 3 votes on rag right now?) but I don't think doc's scum partner hammers here, so the claim is probably truthful.

Even when it was against someone you had 'cleared' before? That seems like a pretty sudden change of mind.

I don't think it's necessarily that Doc is scum if Rag is town, because I don't think that Doc would do something so risky as scum in the first place.

And as for the maj, Rag already had Bok and Doc's votes on her. You and then Rubik voting back to back is what sealed it.

Mikey the Moblin

if I had a nickel for every time I ran out of spac
ZD Champion
if rag flips town, we'll have 2 confirmed humans tomorrow (nightkill+dreamer) out of 5 players, and doc is confirmed mafia
dreamer can suicide bringing the 5 of us back to the real world and we lynch doc

can't lose from here

@minish oh okay forgot about bok's vote

tbh forgot about bok in general

I'm not going to question a seer check like that. He says there's a chance he was wrong, which is mildly concerning, but something like that trumps my reads any day

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Kay I’m not really in the mood for anymore wild accusations but here we go anyway.
You're always in the mood for wild accusations, it's kind of your MO. :^)

You’ll notice I said I thought I had a plan. Later I realized it was really dumb and obvious and eventually turned into lynch Rubik today (I don’t suppose that’s where I lost you is it?) since if you’re not scum I literally don’t know anything anymore, (Though this time I am planning ahead to the possibility where moe and Doc are scum just because that’s the only other option) and tomorrow we have a dreamer we will know for sure is town and hopefully give us the improved odds we neeed to successfully hit scum when it might be our last chance.
I'm not scum and your attempts to insinuate that I'm scum or Ryu's certainly scum or that Rag's confirmed town (which I think there's a 10% chance of at best, considering Doc's claim) all feel like madness to me.
Btw my dear Rubik I don’t believe you’ve been soft claiming. What’s the deal with that?
Well, my dear funnier, usually people don't soft claim unless doing so serves a useful purpose. That means I either have a role that I wouldn't want to reveal because doing so would make me a target for scum or it means I have a role that isn't especially powerful and I'd rather scum waste a nightkill on me. Either way, town doesn't gain anything from knowing my role unless I feel it's relevant or I'm in immediate danger of being lynched.
Do you really not remember me specifically saying on day two that I wanted Ryu dead but I also wanted a counterwagon? Unfortunately my counterwagon picking skills were not with me that day but given that the lynch that day was non lethal I don’t think it would’ve made a difference.
There already was a counterwagon on Ayano. You started a third wagon, which likely allowed scum to divide and conquer further.
I can make a lovely argument on why you in fact are scummy but I’ll leave it to you’ve been focusing on mechanics as much as possible and were literally the only one who didn’t think Ryu was scum. I don’t see how anybody thinks dream cop was a town role. I’m not sure since there hasn’t been a vote count yet but you seem to be jumping to me in an attempt to save your sorry hide simply because I’ve been getting heat today. I suppose I would still be scummy if I had no votes? There are also reasons but those don’t make you scummy they make you scum.
Please make that argument. That's what it means to play the game.

Everyone's been focused a decent amount on mechanics. It's been a necessity from the moment our lynches stopped actually lynching players.

Dream cop is totally a role that could have fit into any alignment. I can see why someone with a (supposed) investigative role might be additionally suspicious of him because of the overlap, but I think there's probably a decent number of people in this game with roles that do largely irrelivant things, and dream cop fits the bill. In fact, the specific implementation of dream cop he claimed (that had 2 charges and automatically found the dreamer) would have probably been busted in the hands of scum because it means if he survives long enough to use it twice, town basically has no chance of reaching the final dreamscape.

You would be scummy with no vote. You would be scummy in a boat. I do not trust you, Sam I Am.

So soft claim how bout?
I'd have soft claimed if I felt it was pro-town to do so. There's essentially nothing to be gained from it.

funnier6

Courage~
You're always in the mood for wild accusations, it's kind of your MO. :^)

I'm not scum and your attempts to insinuate that I'm scum or Ryu's certainly scum or that Rag's confirmed town (which I think there's a 10% chance of at best, considering Doc's claim) all feel like madness to me.

Well, my dear funnier, usually people don't soft claim unless doing so serves a useful purpose. That means I either have a role that I wouldn't want to reveal because doing so would make me a target for scum or it means I have a role that isn't especially powerful and I'd rather scum waste a nightkill on me. Either way, town doesn't gain anything from knowing my role unless I feel it's relevant or I'm in immediate danger of being lynched.

There already was a counterwagon on Ayano. You started a third wagon, which likely allowed scum to divide and conquer further.

Please make that argument. That's what it means to play the game.

Everyone's been focused a decent amount on mechanics. It's been a necessity from the moment our lynches stopped actually lynching players.

Dream cop is totally a role that could have fit into any alignment. I can see why someone with a (supposed) investigative role might be additionally suspicious of him because of the overlap, but I think there's probably a decent number of people in this game with roles that do largely irrelivant things, and dream cop fits the bill. In fact, the specific implementation of dream cop he claimed (that had 2 charges and automatically found the dreamer) would have probably been busted in the hands of scum because it means if he survives long enough to use it twice, town basically has no chance of reaching the final dreamscape.

You would be scummy with no vote. You would be scummy in a boat. I do not trust you, Sam I Am.

I'd have soft claimed if I felt it was pro-town to do so. There's essentially nothing to be gained from it.
Too long for to properly reply to today, will get to it tomorrow if still alive. Though soft claiming is helpful because it’s easier for town to pull off than scum and gives you an idea of who’s telling the truth.

@Doc if you know anything and I mean anything please say so before the night starts.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Soft claiming is mega easy.

You've been wrong about everything you've claimed and half the town still trusts you!

funnier6

Courage~
Soft claiming is mega easy.

You've been wrong about everything you've claimed and half the town still trusts you!
I haven’t been wrong about anything I’ve claimed yet, chill. We have this amazing thing called reads, and the reason I am trusted is because people who understand my playstyle believe that I am playing according to my town self, and if I’m town, everything else is irrelevant.

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
Um, only thing I've seen funnier claim from his role is that Rag is town and you might be scum. Neither of which we know for sure yet, unless you know something we don't... :)
He also claimed complete certainty that Ryu was scum.

2/3rds of those things I already know for sure are wrong, and there's a 90% chance that the third is in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom