• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
Vote: Ryuken

Only one roleclaim per day period.

I'm new here and this rule is strange to me. Is that one roleclaim per person or one person can roleclaim per day? Can that person claim and then change their claim later in the day, or does that count as two claim? Does a partial claim count as a roleclaim (eg: "I'm an investigative role with a gimmick")? Can a player prevent others from claiming in a day by immediately claiming something?

Here's my understanding of the special game mechanics:

Right now we're in the real world. At the start of the next day a random town player will be chosen to fall asleep and everyone will move into that player's dream (DS1). This continues with every new day, so on the next day another town player will be chosen to fall asleep and everyone from DS1 will move into their dream (DS2). This repeats recursively until players reach DS4, which results in a town victory. If the player who is dreaming dies, then the dream collapses, and everyone inside (or in a dream state higher than it) gets bumped down to the previous dreamstate. Players who are in the same dreamstate as you (or lower?) are considered conscious, and players who are in a higher dreamstate than you are considered sedated. You can only lynch conscious players. nightkills can be used on any player. If a player dies while in a dreamstate, they're instead just bumped back one dreamstate.

It seems to me that this will be a long drawn-out game and that game information will be a powerful tool. Knowing the optimal strategy or how the game will play out at all will probably require information about how the roles will affect the game.

funnier6

Courage~
Vote: Ryuken

I'm new here and this rule is strange to me. Is that one roleclaim per person or one person can roleclaim per day? Can that person claim and then change their claim later in the day, or does that count as two claim? Does a partial claim count as a roleclaim (eg: "I'm an investigative role with a gimmick")? Can a player prevent others from claiming in a day by immediately claiming something?

Here's my understanding of the special game mechanics:

Right now we're in the real world. At the start of the next day a random town player will be chosen to fall asleep and everyone will move into that player's dream (DS1). This continues with every new day, so on the next day another town player will be chosen to fall asleep and everyone from DS1 will move into their dream (DS2). This repeats recursively until players reach DS4, which results in a town victory. If the player who is dreaming dies, then the dream collapses, and everyone inside (or in a dream state higher than it) gets bumped down to the previous dreamstate. Players who are in the same dreamstate as you (or lower?) are considered conscious, and players who are in a higher dreamstate than you are considered sedated. You can only lynch conscious players. nightkills can be used on any player. If a player dies while in a dreamstate, they're instead just bumped back one dreamstate.

It seems to me that this will be a long drawn-out game and that game information will be a powerful tool. Knowing the optimal strategy or how the game will play out at all will probably require information about how the roles will affect the game.
Why vote Ryu?

I believe it’s one role claim period and that’s it but @DekuNut

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Unvite

Rubik is probably the safest lynch. If you want I can commit suicide when you all need for research

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
@Ragnarokio the roleclaim rule is pretty standard on ZD. One roleclaim throughout the game per day. Any counterclaims are not counted, as they're relating to the one roleclaim. A person could not make multiple roleclaims in one day, and even if they could I have a feeling that would be a bad idea. Softclaims don't count as roleclaims, just don't go overboard with them.
Also, I'll add, since Dreamer is more of a role modifier than a role, it's not a roleclaim if you claim dreamer.
Does that clear it up for you?

Ragnarokio

If you don't identify as the default options of Male/Female, you may enter your gender here.
yeah that should be fine.

Do players here generally use their one roleclaim per day? What's the meta concerning roleclaiming?

D

Deleted member 14134

yeah that should be fine.

Do players here generally use their one roleclaim per day? What's the meta concerning roleclaiming?
Typically people being pressured who may be lynched or are being close to lynch roleclaim. Generally, roleclaiming out of the blue without providing useful information is considered "stealing" the claim from someone who could use it better. If you think you have a good reason to or need to, go ahead. If not we usually don't (though it is a good idea to get at least one claim out there each day).

D

Deleted member 14134

Is there any reason why you limit claims?
It's been like that since I started playing. I have a feeling it was cuz someone kept complaining about too many roleclaims making it easy for town to win but idk for sure :shrugs:

Ragnarokio

-_-

And why do you want him lynched.

because the spirit of death was the closest to him and the spirit of death is close to the spirit of enlightenment

Rubik

King of Lorule Lounge
I've got a partially finished notepad document that will probably be going up in 1-4 hours.

@Rag: Can you repeat that using words that make sense?

YIGAhim

Sole Survivor
Why do you want me to vote rubix for no reason?

Vote:funnier6
Gimme one good reason why you shouldn’t be killed and one good reason you think rubix is scum
I hate these votes. Don't announce they are pressure votes like you basically did, just vote and wait for a response. Totally an easy way for scum to "contribute" without doing anything. However, it is also just a sign of being newer, so I will let it slide.

-_-

And why do you want him lynched.

Why’s that.

Didn’t you say you were supposed to have reads tonight or something.
Well because clearly we are all wrapping our minds around this new mechanic and we need info which I am happy to provide.

Ragnarokio

I've got a partially finished notepad document that will probably be going up in 1-4 hours.

@Rag: Can you repeat that using words that make sense?

i can

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom