• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Game Thread Inception Mafia

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 14134

Final Vote Count

Rubik - 2 (Doc, Moe the Goblin)

Rubik stood with a bloody hammer over funniers, two of Bok's bodies and Minish Links. "It appears someone has made me swing my hammer against my own volition, to whoever the fine gentleman is who did this, I tip my hat to you good sir." They were not buying it though so they ripped him to shreds and killed him.

Rubik was Calvin Candie, the Godfather
Calvin-Candie-django-unchained-34661112-333-500.jpg

Rubik loses :'(

And I guess town wins.

Doc and Moe took Rubiks head and spun it on the table before walking away. It teetered once, twice and...

The End.

D

Deleted member 14134

I was really cheering for Rubik at the end. You played well despite having two pretty much inactive partners.

LittleGumball

Slammin' Salmon
i spectated this whole ass game waiting for deku to replace me in and instead he chose bok twice so i guess i'm still in 6th grade getting picked last for baseball team

gg lads genuinely a great read

funnier i'm in love with you, your posts read exactly like mine do. please play mido's game with me :)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Well then.
This was a game.

First of all, I'll admit, this game wasn't very balanced. Rubik played an exceptional game on a severely underpowered mafia team. And my lack of enforcing activity only harmed him more, what with the fact that Rag should've been replaced long before I started making those moves.
I'll leave a more detailed discussion of the setup in the Setup Discussion Thread, but as for the actual game and how it was played... I must say I was disappointed. Almost none of the original roles were used. YIGA was inactive, and when he was replaced Moe decided not to use his role. Storma died too early to use his, and Bok III only tried to use his once, but he ended up not understanding it. All this meant that Bok I's role was effectively useless, as his role required people to enter Limbo.
Rag ended up not using his role, which honestly was mostly meant as a general "**** with the players" role, but would've been nice if he did it to one of the more active players, just for a laugh.
My biggest disappointment, though, is that people decided to play the mafia game normally. The point of the game was the dream mechanic, and arguably the easiest way to win would've been the same. I know by the end there was no choice, but there was talk about it much earlier, and honestly even throughout most of the game nobody used the multiple levels like I hoped they would (hence why quite a few roles required multiple dreamscapes to be in effect).
As a whole though, it was a great game and a blast to read. Thanks for joining me on this adventure everyone!

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
Well then.
This was a game.

First of all, I'll admit, this game wasn't very balanced. Rubik played an exceptional game on a severely underpowered mafia team. And my lack of enforcing activity only harmed him more, what with the fact that Rag should've been replaced long before I started making those moves.
I'll leave a more detailed discussion of the setup in the Setup Discussion Thread, but as for the actual game and how it was played... I must say I was disappointed. Almost none of the original roles were used. YIGA was inactive, and when he was replaced Moe decided not to use his role. Storma died too early to use his, and Bok III only tried to use his once, but he ended up not understanding it. All this meant that Bok I's role was effectively useless, as his role required people to enter Limbo.
Rag ended up not using his role, which honestly was mostly meant as a general "**** with the players" role, but would've been nice if he did it to one of the more active players, just for a laugh.
My biggest disappointment, though, is that people decided to play the mafia game normally. The point of the game was the dream mechanic, and arguably the easiest way to win would've been the same. I know by the end there was no choice, but there was talk about it much earlier, and honestly even throughout most of the game nobody used the multiple levels like I hoped they would (hence why quite a few roles required multiple dreamscapes to be in effect).
As a whole though, it was a great game and a blast to read. Thanks for joining me on this adventure everyone!

Half the reason I advocated to use the dreamscapes to reach DS3 at the beginning was to be able to experience the dream mechanic. I figured there was a lot of roles and mechanics designed around it and wanted to see this happen.

Doc

BoDoc Horseman
All in all, great game, Deku. I thoroughly enjoyed it. Especially because I didn't have to poorly explain my actions and scramble under pressure after luckily lynching scum.

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
Half the reason I advocated to use the dreamscapes to reach DS3 at the beginning was to be able to experience the dream mechanic. I figured there was a lot of roles and mechanics designed around it and wanted to see this happen.
they all died to inactivity and by then no one wanted to play to ds3

funnier6

Courage~
funnier i'm in love with you, your posts read exactly like mine do. please play mido's game with me
Finally someone with good taste. :P I’ll do that but you’ll have to sign up for mine first.
My biggest disappointment, though, is that people decided to play the mafia game normally.
Too many unknowns to play it the other way, I felt positive town would lose.

Morbid Minish

Spooky Scary Skeleton.
Forum Volunteer
Figured I'd go ahead and post some of my thoughts here as well.

First of all, thanks for modding Deku, Storm and Bok. Lol. This was an interesting game, and as confusing as it got at times, the concept was neat. I liked the idea of the dreamscapes, and was trying to use them in the beginning since I knew my role was only useful if people were spread out. For anyone wondering why I was arguing that we should be spread out, it's because my role only worked that way and so I figured there may be other more powerful roles that were the same. So I was trying to push to see if anyone else agreed, but in the end just gave up because it did make more sense to play in the real world, and my role alone wasn't powerful enough to advocate not doing that. I'll admit, I did also want to try and use the mechanics in the beginning because I thought it would be a fun twist to the game, and it is a bit disappointing that they didn't get used much. But I think they would have worked better in a large game, where it would be more feasible for town to try and make it to the final dreamscape because it didn't seem like town would have much of a chance here if we didn't just stay in the real world.

Overall it was a fun game though, and I gotta give props to Rubik for playing a good scum game despite being in a bad position. It was fun to watch the ending from the sidelines, though I would've loved to be a part of that. Glad town was able to pull it off, but it would have been cool to see Rubik pull off a win somehow. Haha.

D

Deleted member 14134

Gonna keep this short. I really liked the idea of the game but with too many unknowns I feel like the game was slightly flawed since it felt like it made more sense for town to stick together and either stay in the real world or go for DS3. Otherwise I really like the idea but I think the biggest thing that hurt the game was inactivity since we had a lot of important roles doing nothing at night. Sorry for trying to pull the game towards a normal mafia game so quickly also lol. I think this setup deserves better than half the players being inactive. Also it was a pleasure playing as a quarter of the roles and half the mods.

Ryuken

Ace Adventurer/Truth Seeker
Well then.
This was a game.

I KNEW IT.
I saw my role in PM and the rules and I thought "Mafia's just gonna have to pray and hope with their nightkills, won't they...?"
I enjoyed the discussions this Mafia game. I wished so many players didn't turn up inactive, though, and was suprised to find that they were Mafia. I see now why people say Rubik is a very smart player since he practically carried his entire team.
I was also a bit upset that people were pushing to play in the real world because that would make the theme of this game pointless. I think you could tell I was just getting more and more frustrated as D4 progressed, even after I claimed. I kinda just started rooting for Mafia after my death...
You're right, @Doc , it must be because of the lack of Ace Attorney gifs.
godot-side(b).gif

Someday, funnier6, you'll know what a coffee cup to the face feels like. Someday...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom