• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

In Search of a Lost or Valuble Friend?

Steve

5/19/13
I don't think the searching of an invaluable friend is quite as specific as it was in Majora's Mask, at least not based off what we presently know. It seems as though Link has lived alone in Skyloft for quite a long time, and is simply in search of just that; a friend, whether they be male or female .

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
He sounded pretty specific to me in the respect that Link had previously known this friend. But I agree that it's not going to be like MM. I don't think that searching for his friend will be his main reason for travelling. I think the Skyward Sword is what forces him to go to the land below, as stated in previous interviews. Even if the friend is lost in the same "incident," I think the cause of the incident will be Link's main motive, not one of its repercussions (though it may give him extra motivation).

It's funny how I can make a thread and get one reply, then someone else decides to reply by making a separate thread which proceeds to accumulate two pages in one day...

I don't think the searching of an invaluable friend is quite as specific as it was in Majora's Mask, at least not based off what we presently know. It seems as though Link has lived alone in Skyloft for quite a long time, and is simply in search of just that; a friend, whether they be male or female .
He did live in skyloft for a long time because it is confirmed he is not the first generation there, but there is no proof that he is lonly. Were did you get that idea? There is no evidence from the trailer or what anouma and miyamoto said to lead one to assume he lives alone or is lonely.

Where does it state Link is looking for a friend? I haven't watched the latest interviews yet, so perhaps I missed it in there... could someone point this out to me?

Naw, it was obvious that Link gets with Malon in OoT, and then in ST it was obvious he finally got in Zelda's pants. In TP he marries Ilia. Even in MM, Romani tells Link he is cute. Link is a total ladies man, dude :)
Link and Malon are never shown together besides their encounters in Hyrule Castle Town and Lon Lon Ranch. In Spirit Tracks, it's a little more, but meh. Twilight Princess never shows him marrying anyway. It even shows him leaving Ordon Village.

Point is, yes, Link is a ladies man. This is a consistent feature and gag with his character. Nonetheless, he never has had an actual girlfriend. He was never definitely hooked up with anyone. ;)

[3] Yaoi fangirls. *cringe*
Lawlz, I know. Sadly, Yaoi's become so common. Either way, it crops up no matter what. Even if you don't make it painfully easy, it happens anyway. -.-

Hylian Pants

Nintendo Wench
Where does it state Link is looking for a friend? I haven't watched the latest interviews yet, so perhaps I missed it in there... could someone point this out to me?

In the Aonuma interview on the front page (the latest one) there's a part where he's asked about the story line, and he mentions all we've heard before, like Skyloft, the "incident", and then he tags on the end, "and part of it is that he's searching for a lost, valuable friend". I believe it's around 2:30 in the vid.

W

WWfangirl

I think it would be good for him to have a sibling like Aryll from WW.

AHA MOMENT!

The sibling goes to the edge of Skyloft in search of some object when the clouds somewhat part and the land below ( presumably HYRULE ) is revealed. One of the dark creatures comes from the land comes up and the kid runs back to the house to get Link. After hearing this, Link runs down to the basement/ attic and grabs the sword and sheild. The two run back to face the creature. Link injures it, but is not able kill it. The creature then kidnaps his sister/brother and runs off

It is off topic, I know, but it is a good idea.

Eskhandar

or khan he?
Or it could be his older brother.

His older brother who is stronger than Link.

When the world is discovered below, his brother along with a small group of friends go to explore the new place, but never come back.

Link then brings it upon himself to find him and find out what happened.

!?

W

WWfangirl

Or it could be his older brother.
His older brother who is stronger than Link.

When the world is discovered below, his brother along with a small group of friends go to explore the new place, but never come back.

Link then brings it upon himself to find him and find out what happened.

!?

This is an idea as well. Good Thinking!

PureLocke

A Hero of Time
....Link has a big enough harem already, not to mention, the poor guy has never had a proper bro :(....

Well he did have Ralph in OoA, they became good friends, Link ended up teaching him more advanced sword combat and Ralph created the Whirlwind spin. As for the girlfriend thing it is only implied and never concrete, the best validation I can think of for one(Link/Malon) is TP Link being a rancher, but since he doesn't have photos of them in his photo collection or a similar memorial it doesn't hold much water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom