• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Spoiler In Case Anyone Was Wondering What Link Looks Like Sprawled Dead on the Floor...

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
Back on topic: Aw, I though the actual Game Over screen would appear. I wanted to know what that one looked like. I still remember how bad I felt when Link died in Wind Waker (great Shakespeare-esque breathing, and drops to the ground, classy stuff).

When I was first watching it, I thought the Game Over screen would appear too. Then that fairy popped out of nowhere~ :P I think Nintendo might have put unlimited fairies though to ensure no game overs, so I'm not sure we would have seen the Game Over screen in any situation. And yes! WW's death scene rather makes you wince for poor Link, right? And then the way the "Game Over" letters plop down onto the screen after that~ xD

They have a right to play as much as everyone else, yes. I just found it humorous that, in some demo videos, they talk about how the controls for the swordplay are 1:1, yet they just flick their wrists around lol :P.

Yeah I know what you mean xD At least, that's what I remember the IGN team talking about. Then I saw the waggle-fest going on in this video~ ;)

Aww No real time fairy resurrection.

That is VERY TRUE! Wow, I hadn't even noticed that! Thanks for pointing it out~ So Nintendo is doing real-time with item-switching and potions, but not giving the same treatment to fairy revival. Hmm....

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I've seen two different types of death animations from E3 2010. There was one like this, where Link was on his back, and the old Twilight Princess-style one where he falls to his knees and dies.

Looks like Nintendo is treating us to a new phase of Link deaths, haha. XD

Hero_in_Green

Hero of Time
I understand what everyone is getting at. I agree that everyone has a right to play video games, but if you're totally ignorant of the new control scheme then I think you'll only cause yourself more frustration. Like in the video above, the person playing was doing more aimless running than actually fighting. And another I don't get is WHY PEOPLE DONT USE THEIR SHIELDS. Many of the E3 demos I've seen, the players hardly or never use their sheilds. I think what people don't get is that their shield is just as important as their sword in this game. This game isn't like Twilight Princess where you can just go in slashing and win every battle every time, you need to think about fighting strategies here. Like Miyamoto and Aounuma said : "Every enemy is like a small puzzle". Players need to remind themselves of this and stop blind fighting.

I'm just a little disappointed at some of the comments here, because it's comments like these that takes away from people having fun with video games. Just because someone is "better" at a video game doesn't mean they have the right to belittle other fans or players. I bet you some of the people playing these demos are huge fans just like us but maybe aren't as skilled. Until we try the game for ourselves we have no right to say anything

ShaneOMac713

The Seal has been Broken
I really can't believe that they let people that end up not good at Zelda play it but Nintendo won't let the fans that are good at the game and know what they are talking about play. It's like they don't even know about us or trust us.

Sarianae

Infinite Dreamer
****I would like to PLEASE request no more discussion of the way people are playing the demos; while I mentioned a passing comment, it was not supposed to be taken completely seriously, and it was not what this thread was meant to be about. While some people are knocking the way in which people are playing the demos rather harshly, some other people are yet also knocking these people equally as harshly for expressing their opinions on the matter, and the mixture of this is becoming rather unpleasant, so I would like to chuck that discussion out the window entirely and purge this thread of the tensity. This was rather supposed to be more of a comical thread looking at the manner in which Link falls to the ground when he runs out of hearts, and the animation for it as compared to other games, so let us redirect this topic accordingly. Everyone, I ask that you please honor this request of mine. *bows humbly*

So, it looks like he falls on his back this time around, though Eternal Nocturne mentioned she'd seen a different death animation last year. I'll try to locate it later for a comparison. Wind Waker Link also falls on his back side, though OoT Link falls on his front side:

gfs_14106_3_1_mid.jpg

I wonder what makes Nintendo choose what direction they want Link to fall? :hmm:

Last edited:

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
I saw both of these death animations at last year's E3 -- I didn't mean that they changed the animation or anything. XD

It's been a while, but I vaguely remember seeing a video where Link died twice during the demo in two different ways. I'll try to find it again and post it here if I do. :)

EDIT: I found the video where he died falling to his knees. Watching this over made me remember that I actually saw two different videos with him dying, not just one. :p

Skip to 6:00 for the death.

[video=youtube;0Jk1ed2NrlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jk1ed2NrlQ[/video]

Last edited:

SinkingBadges

The Quiet Man
I saw both of these death animations at last year's E3 -- I didn't mean that they changed the animation or anything. XD

It's been a while, but I vaguely remember seeing a video where Link died twice during the demo in two different ways. I'll try to find it again and post it here if I do. :)

EDIT: I found the video where he died falling to his knees. Watching this over made me remember that I actually saw two different videos with him dying, not just one. :p

Skip to 6:00 for the death.

[video=youtube;0Jk1ed2NrlQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Jk1ed2NrlQ[/video]

It would actually made sense if they changed it, though. Compared to the more recent and polished demo, this one looks like it was relatively put together rather quickly. Even the shield textures look like a place holder asset taken from TP just for demo purposes. They are slightly different now.

It would be neat if there was more than one death animation, though. That would show some attention to detail there.

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
It would actually made sense if they changed it, though. Compared to the more recent and polished demo, this one looks like it was relatively put together rather quickly. Even the shield textures look like a place holder asset taken from TP just for demo purposes. They are slightly different now.

It would be neat if there was more than one death animation, though. That would show some attention to detail there.

There were already two death animations last year, so I don't see why they would remove one. :3

MattWalker

Windfall Walker
One thing I love about the non-real time Fairy resurrection is the suspense.

You're trying SO HARD to defeat a brutal enemy. You're quick, but it just seems that he's a bit quicker. You think you're winning. You land a few blows, but then that giant hellian swings, and kills you.

All hope is lost. Link falls. Your quest is over, and you're just sitting there, staring at the screen.

Then, as Link is on the ground, OMG THAT'S RIGHT I HAD A FAIRY!

Link rises triumphantly, almost fully restored, to take on the evil once again!!

Gotta love it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom