• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

In a New Zelda Game, You Would Rather Have:

You Would Rather Have:

• A traditional Zelda with EXTREMELY BAD voice acting

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A modern-day Zelda with no magic whatsoever

• A traditional Zelda where Link, Zelda and Ganondorf don't make appearances at all

• Total voters

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!
In a new Zelda game (not necessarily Skyward Sword), would you rather have:

-A "traditional" Zelda with the MOST HORRIBLE voice acting that you've EVER heard--so bad that it can potentially make your ears bleed.

OR

-A modern-day Zelda with no magic whatsoever, and you'll have to save Hyrule with guns and cellphones and microwaves and whatnot. (You got the Microwave! With this, you can cook your food anytime; you don't even need a fire! It's such advanced technology!) :clap:

OR

-A "traditional" Zelda game where Link, Zelda, and Ganondorf don't appear at all and you're stuck playing as some random guy that has no business in Hyrule.

EDIT: Let me reword the question a little bit... Suppose that Nintendo is deciding to break one of Zelda's many traditions... They have three ideas out right now and they want you to vote on which idea you'd rather have for the new Zelda game. So which one?... (As you can see, all of these choices are horrible and would probably shatter the series in some kind of way.) /EDIT

I'm just wondering, 'cause all of these are really bad scenarios for the Zelda franchise, and people are complaining about Skyward Sword when it's really not THAT bad. Some people even claim that it'll bring the entire series down. But when you look at it, SS has all of the elements of a traditional Zelda game. Seamless gameplay, unique style, no voice acting, Link... I agree that the graphics could use some brushing up, but that's all it needs--brushing up. The graphical style of the game is already set and I think it looks beautiful. I imagine that most of the older Zelda games would look something like SS if they were put into 3D graphics.

So yeah. Let me know your thoughts on this!

Last edited:

Link Master

The Hero's Master
I would like to have a traditional Zelda game with terrible voice acting way more then a modern times Zelda game and one with no Link and Zelda. one reason being (modern times) what would it be rated I would think it would be rated something like M and I do not play those games. And for no Link or Zelda not having Ganon works but not having Link and instead some random guy just would not work for me and the random person not having to do anything with Hyrule just would probably make the game not good at all.

Beeker

Wild Card
I'd take a traditional/bad voice acting anyday. The reason being that it would be what I'm used to the most. We still have the traditional Zelda game we all know and love. Even if there was horrendous voice acting, perhaps I could make it through.(or I could just mute it:D)
I'm welcome for change in the Zelda series. I just don't want those changes to be too dramatic. Having a modern day setting would be a change that would be for the worse. I like the fantasy kind of feel to Zelda, and when it comes to technology, most think a steamboat is good enough.

And Zelda just wouldn't be the same without Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. I would never want to play as some random guy who doesn't really tie into the legend. It just wouldn't be.

I like this thread. EternalNocturne, you do have a good point about the whole Skyward Sword thing. People believe that it will bring the series down and ruin it, but they don't even know much about the game, let alone played the final game. They shouldn't be so quick to judge.

Deity

I'm sure any Zelda fan wouldn't be happy with any of those options. I'm sure they'll always stick something around traditional when making a Zelda game. Or at least, I'd hope they would.

In my eyes, the fans who are looking down on Skyward Sword seem to be doing it for the fact that they don't like the graphics (which honestly aren't that bad) and the change in game play. The game is traditional Zelda and part of the start of the Zelda story (supposedly). What Zelda fan would want to miss that?

SavageWizzrobe

Eating Link since 1987
All of the choices are bad, but by far the least of the evils is the traditional Zelda with bad voice acting. The other two seem to violate the fantasty elements and characters that define Zelda (it's OK if Zelda and Ganondorf are absent, but not Link).

LozzyKate

Ask Me Why I Love The Photoshops
I honestly didn't like any of the choices up there, but I chose a traditional Zelda game with really bad voice acting. I wouldn't want a modern-day Zelda game. It's just way off of what the Zelda series is and where it is placed. I mean there are castles and dungeons and everything else in the Zelda world. Modern technology shouldn't be in the Zelda games. Also, I wouldn't want a Zelda game where none of the characters we normally see aren't in the game. Now I don't expect Ganon to be in SS, so I don't know if that counts or not. Zelda isn't Zelda without Princess Zelda showing up in the game. Her name is in the title, people! It's kind of needed that she be in the game. Also, who would be the hero if Link wasn't in the game? That's like leaving out cheese for a mouse to get, but no mouse trap to catch it. In other words, if Link isn't in the game then Hyrule would just fall to pieces. Now, over all of this, I wouldn't want bad voice acting either, but considering the very limited choices on the poll, I had to choose one that wouldn't drastically change the Zelda games. Bad voice acting would equal complaints and complaints then follows to many people probably not wanting to play the game. But, I do think that the Zelda games do need voice acting...even if it is bad. It's better than nothing I think.

Ok I chose to have traditional zelda with no link ganon or zelda. Now I know this may seem like a worse case senario to some on this site there are reasons for my decision.
-I'm tired of Ganon. That's pretty strait forward. I've been playing zelda now for 10 years and it seems like it's time to freshen up. Link is great and I also like Zelda a bit but ganon is just too one dimensional for me personally. Exept TWW ganondorf, he was good. But TP Ganondorf I mean, come on. They basically said "crap. we need ganon. ummmm quick throw him in at the end."
-just like MM if the zelda team takes risks the gains can be immense. MM is my favorite zelda. And there isnt ganon or zelda, just link. By not having to tie things into each other I think we would see another masterpiece because of the creative freedom
-my perspective on zelda is that of a middle age quest. I think by now always trying to put a zelda story into it we can sometime's lose the original idea of Zelda. That is adventure. Now that we sort of know what to expect some of the adventure is gone. I loved the exploring and mythical aspects of zelda like burning trees and such. perhaps with the lack of a complex backstory about hyrule to fill we can bring that kind of thing back. It would be a fresh start from the hold-your -hand type 3D zelda (which started at OOT). Not that I have a problem with those games it's just I think it could be time for that sort of thing again.
Anyway that's my opinion.

Mr.Verto

爆発物マネージャ
All of the choices are bad, but by far the least of the evils is the traditional Zelda with bad voice acting. The other two seem to violate the fantasty elements and characters that define Zelda (it's OK if Zelda and Ganondorf are absent, but not Link).

You are so right if there was Tech in Zelda and well.. no Zelda it will make the game weird and...non-zelda it may even look like another franchise. And if the voice acting is bad i can allways mute my TV when people are talking:P

EternalNocturne

Fluffy hair!

The choices are supposed to be bad. XD All of the choices up there break one of Zelda's traditions. No voice acting, medieval-fantasy feel, and having Link, Zelda, and Ganon in the game (although the last two people are not absolutely required). I was wondering which one up there people would rather see if Nintendo ever decided to break a tradition. They already messed up the left-handed thing for Link. :p

NorthApple

GIVE ME THE APPLE!!
I'd take a traditional/bad voice acting anyday. The reason being that it would be what I'm used to the most. We still have the traditional Zelda game we all know and love. Even if there was horrendous voice acting, perhaps I could make it through.(or I could just mute it:D)
I'm welcome for change in the Zelda series. I just don't want those changes to be too dramatic. Having a modern day setting would be a change that would be for the worse. I like the fantasy kind of feel to Zelda, and when it comes to technology, most think a steamboat is good enough.

And Zelda just wouldn't be the same without Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf. I would never want to play as some random guy who doesn't really tie into the legend. It just wouldn't be.

I like this thread. EternalNocturne, you do have a good point about the whole Skyward Sword thing. People believe that it will bring the series down and ruin it, but they don't even know much about the game, let alone played the final game. They shouldn't be so quick to judge.

THIS. Exactly. Literally, just read this post another time for me. Because you hit the nail so squarely on the head there, Beeker, not even a computer-controlled hammering machine could have hit it so perfectly.

Seriously, though, I'd take the terrible voice acting ANY DAY and just mute it. Besides, as they say, sometimes when something fails so hard it ends up being win. Maybe it would be so terrible, it would be hilarious. I don't know. Besides, it's the only option where the Zelda series would retain what makes it Zelda. With the other two, you're taking away too big a chunk for it to still be Zelda. They might be okay games regardless, but not Zelda games. And if I wanted that, I'd go play a game from a different series then.

Kybyrian

The game just wouldn't be the same without Zelda, Link or Ganondorf. Sure we've had games without Zelda and without Ganondorf, but without Link, it's just kind of different. It's not really the same dismissing the only hero that the series has ever known and replacing him with some other random character. Though you might not even be able to tell the difference, it just kind of ruins the feel for hardcore Zelda fans.

And putting in a modern-day setting would completely ruin the entire game. There would be no magic whatsoever, Link would run around with a machine gun, and everything would just be entirely ruined. Nobody wants a completely modern Zelda game.

So if I had to choose, I would go with the traditional Zelda with bad voice acting. I don't care if they make all the characters talk constantly and Zelda sounds like a Jamaican with a heavy accent and Link sounds like a Russian woman, I'd prefer it over the other two at any time. There's always the volume button on the TV, you know.

I'll take the first and third.
A traditional Zelda with horrible voice acting really isn't something too extreme. Sure it breaks the tradition of silence in the games, but that's really all it does. Even with bad voice acting, it can possibly turn out to be a step forward for the series.

For a Zelda game without Link, Zelda and Ganondorf, I wouldn't mind either. It's the Legend of Zelda. Since it's a legend, it doesn't necessarily mean that Zelda, Link and Ganondorf have to appear. If its a random guy, then the game can just be about him trying to live out the life that one of the Links had to go through.

As for a modern-day Zelda, I just don't like the thought of it.

Last edited:

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
I would take the traditional Zelda with all new characters plz! It would be awesome if they expanded on hyrule and the lands beyond by introducing other characters with problems other than the battle for the triforce. Like the story of a lost Knight of Hyrule, or maybe one starring Raven lol not me the one from the OoA manga, that would be really neat! cause it would be just like playing Link but he wouldn't be burdened by the recurring triforce plot.

Or a game about being a Sheikah and growing up in the hidden village or something... they have so much to build off of... it's kind of sad that they don't branch out and try new characters... they could even make a game where you play as Kafei (MM) or Ralph (OoA). hmm let's think. Oh and they could have followed up on TP by creating more adventures for Ashei, Auru, Rusl and Shad. They were all characters that I thought would be reused if SS was a sequel to TP but it isen't.

The Heroes Shade (when he was alive lol) or maybe a game as a Gerudo male who was born during the rule of another Gerudo King? and the king tries to kill you as a child but you survive and get older... and then you beat the King at his own game XD classic.

Last edited:

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I'd like to experience a traditional Zelda with horrible voice acting. I know I'll get flamed, because I repeatedly went against SS having VAing, but that is a different story. Anyway, the traditional Zelda means AWESOME, and the horrible VAing is only a small hindrance, we can always turn the volume off BEFORE our ears bleed, right?

If a "modern-day" Zelda game has guns, we might as well call the series (or spin-off series?) The Legend of GUNZ or something of that sort. It just wouldn't be Zelda.

And as for the "No Link, Zelda, or Ganondorf" idea, that COULD be a potential UP, but I'd like to stay as Link. Really, I think of Link as ME, and having a totally different character would ruin the game in my opinion. It just wouldn't immerse me in the game. Unless, we had another mute who wasn't Link, but still behaved like him.

WeeGee

TheHeroOfTime
Whoever wanted poor voice acting are ********. And I mean mentally ill ********. You know, mutated chromosome? I'm not kidding. Actually, a Zelda with no Link, Zelda, or Ganon would be great, because we all know Nintendo would execute it perfectly. I would love to have a fully customizable character that travels to Hyrule and discovers princess Zelda has been murdered by an Evil force and that the Hero's lineage has been ended.Without the hero, no one was able to save Hyrule and prevent it's downfall. Eventually it would lead to your character to become the next ruler of Hyrule because it would be up to you to save the kingdom with no royal family.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom