• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Zora;s Lay Eggs

Zurriel

BeStrongandofgoodCourage!
My whole life is a lie.

Maybe they do both?? Is that even possible? Umm, or the developers might have made the Zora's that way so we...um...tell them apart.

Last edited:

Salem

SICK
Maybe Zoras are marine mammals that also happen to be monotremes as well.....that can breath underwater, I dunno. *brain explodes*

Last edited:

Dragoncat

Twilit wildcat: Aerofelis
Maybe Zora's are marine mammals that also happen to be monotremes as well.....that can breath underwater, I dunno. *brain explodes*
Yeah. This...

OR we can go with what Shadsie said some time ago, they're not functioning breasts, just something that's there. Like you know when people draw anthro animals? And the females have breasts, regardless if they're a cat or dog and they should technically have 8 instead of 2? Or they're a frog or dinosaur and they should have none...idk.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
All mammals feed their babies milk, even egg laying mammals like echidnas and platypuses, the ability to breast feed has nothing to do with whether or not you lay eggs or give birth to live young. It is obvious that zoras are not actually mammals but may be some type of chimera (a mythical creature with body parts from different creatures ). In this case zoras are a chimera of both an egg laying fish and a milk giving mammal (humans).

Last edited:

Keyshe

Whoo are youu?
They could easily not be real 'breasts' as well, could be any kind of gland-- maybe they are even egg sacks? Number one reason they were given them, I guarantee, was not the scientific function but so they would be easy be identified as female, and 'humanly' attractive to boot.

You guys are trying to apply real world logic to anthropomorphic fish people in a video game series, but if anything they where land dwelling humanoids that evolved to live in water and on land that would explain why they would have breasts which could be vestigial remnants of their pre evolved forms and their ability to lay eggs, or their just wired magical creatures.

PalaeoJoe

The Diplomatic Dinosaur
You guys are trying to apply real world logic to anthropomorphic fish people in a video game series,
I see nothing wrong with this as this. We as theorists have few details from the games and a gigantic well of both real world logic and mythological references to supplement our theories, that is all we have to work with.

As for the rest of your post I like it. It provides a likely evolutionary explanation for the zoras human features (like mammary glands) existence.

Oh Im sorry I didn't mean there was anything wrong with theories based on real world logic being used in a topic such as this, I do this a lot my self, I was just surprised by how many of you guys where applying such theories, I sort of expected more unusual theories.

Thank you for the complement on my post, you guys have some very interesting theories some more likely than others but still very interesting, I look forward to seeing more.

In reality I would say the eggs were merely a tool for the story, and the Zora ladies have breasts just because they are ladies. HOWEVER, in OOT, there wasn't really a distinction, unless you could Roaru, or however you spell her name, when she matures. But when you talk with all the Zora in Zora fountain, none have breasts. This could be because they are all male, but the game does not specify, so we don't know.

However, I don't think it's a HUGE jump to go from incubating eggs inside a body (humans), to incubating them externally (fish). I would say that because the eggs were not fertilized externally (I am basing this on the assumption that the eggs were stolen early after laying and there is no mention of a lover or a possible fertilizing candidate or process), the Zora are more likely the culmination of human adaptation to an eventual life underwater. *Also, the men have no junk. So you can almost classify the ladies as being asexual, as they create eggs and fertilize them themselves.

Anyway, like someone else said, mammals can lay eggs and breast feed the babies.

Dragoncat

I would say that because the eggs were not fertilized externally (I am basing this on the assumption that the eggs were stolen early after laying and there is no mention of a lover or a possible fertilizing candidate or process), the Zora are more likely the culmination of human adaptation to an eventual life underwater. *Also, the men have no junk. So you can almost classify the ladies as being asexual, as they create eggs and fertilize them themselves.
I havent played enough of MM to get to the part with the zora eggs, but I know that they do have two parents. Their mother is Lulu and their father is Mikau. Mikau is mentioned as being Lulu's mate/boyfriend, and he goes to the gerudo fortress to try and rescue the eggs. He does because they're his, not just because he knows it's the right thing to do. Sadly he doesn't come back alive, so those zora tadpoles will have to grow up without a father :( So I don't know where you're getting that.

And...do you really think Nintendo would put those sort of parts in their E - T rated series? The males have to have something...it's just not shown.

Dragoncat

I think that since zoras are part fish there male reproductive organs are likely on the inside of there body, so they would not be shown even in a mature rated series.
Yep. Although, fish do external fertilization, where the eggs dont have young in them when they're first laid, they have to be fertilized by a male and the whole process has to be underwater so nothing dries out. Zoras can be out of water for a bit, so that leads me to believe their process is different, with the eggs being alive from the beginning because it happens internally. I would say they have systems like reptiles and some birds: the male's manhood is kept inside of him until he uses it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom