• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild If Zelda U had Customization, more specifically clothing

Legacy outfits for Zelda U?

• Yes

Votes: 4 44.4%
  • No

Votes: 5 55.6%

• Total voters

el :BeoWolf:

When all else fails use fire
So in the assassin's creed series you can sometimes obtain Legacy Outfits. These outfits usually are from the main protagonists of the previous games, as well as other characters.
People have been talking about customization in Zelda U.
I think it'd be an interesting idea to be able to obtain the outfits of Links from previous games. Being able to have Link wear the OoT outfit, or the TP outfit, etc...and maybe even have your items reskinned to look like how they did in their respective outfits game.

I think putting in old costumes would detract from the fresh appeal of the game. Zelda is always hyper stylized, the designs of the characters and their clothes all work as one to help make the world feel believable. Adding in the old costumes might look jarring or just really out of place.

I wouldn't be against the option, but it wouldn't be something I'd use. I think Link, as we've seen him in Zelda U, is the coolest he's ever looked, wouldnt want to change it back in a hurry.

ZeldafreakCJM

Hey there, it's me.
This would be like sprinkling sugar on a corpse, it wouldn't make Zelda U/future Zelda, anymore appeasing after it had been tarnished and destroyed by Link being ruined. It's cool in HW, but it along with any form of customization or significant change to Link, is something I want no part of.

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
The outfits link wears are functional not cosmetic so if past outfits are in, then there should be a reason for it. I have noticed link carrying a sword even bigger than himself in this game so it is highly possible you can wield different weapons and there is a greater selection to choose from this time, perhaps this means you can also wear different functional gear such as the arm guards, boots and tunics.

1) it would taint the game with novelty
2) it would divert valuable dev time away from finishing the thing
3) it would break the immersion of the game. "Oh look, now I'm playing as ____ Link! Hahaha!"
4) no. just. no.

I would like to see different outfits from the world itself, stuff that would make sense. Secret tunics with abilities, or just for a different sense of style. Personally i love the blue tunic link had in the trailers.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Nah. It works outside of canon like in Hyrule Warriors, but not in a main series, canon game. I would, however, love it if we could choose to change our outfits of ones that appear in this specific game. For example, in Skyward Sword I would have loved it if we could change back to the starting clothes for Link anytime, like in Spirit Tracks (although we have to unlock it first in that one and by then its practically the end of the game, less of that nonsense please). I really loved the design of his Skyloft clothes and I would love to be able to customize appearance like that.

Yeah if there were clothes customization in this one, I would not want it to be "legacy" outfits. I'd want it to be things native to this game, like how the Goron and Zora tunics were native to Ocarina of Time, or the Zora Armor and Magic Armor were to Twilight Princess.

Browen

xXThatReallyEmoNameXx
I would only want it if it was a large option of armors such as tp with the magic armor, normal, water, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom