• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you save a bald eagle, does that mean you're saving a little piece of America?

And is it normal to salute these birds if you live in USA? If you see one i mean

I didnt make this video if thats what you mean
I think Vanessa might be referring to the topic at hand,
Is this clickbait? The topic is a bit ridiculous though
If it is, I'm prolly gonna be called dumb for taking the bait.

If you save a bald eagle, does that mean you're saving a little piece of America and is it normal to salute these birds if you live in USA? If you see one i mean

As for the main question, saving a bald eagle is about the same as other animal, though the feeling is a bit more elevated due to the bird being the national animal.

The second question, no, it's not normal. I personally don't know anyone that'd salute a bald eagle.

ExLight

why
Forum Volunteer
horribly redundant thread

The bald eagle is the national bird of the USA, so one of its main symbols. Because of that it's expected for more patriotic people to do stuff like see it as "a piece of the USA" or salute it. This is something you can understand with a google search and two minutes of thinking.

Again, what sort of interaction are you even expecting from the community with threads like this? If you have a random one-liner question (if it can even be called a question in the first place since it's pretty much rhetorical), then go to somewhere like Quora instead and ask it there.

horribly redundant thread

The bald eagle is the national bird of the USA, so one of its main symbols. Because of that it's expected for more patriotic people to do stuff like see it as "a piece of the USA" or salute it. This is something you can understand with a google search and two minutes of thinking.
Do "patriotic" Argentinians salute the Rufous hornero? Or Australians salute the laughing kookaburra? 9 times out of 10 if at all, no. Why? because it'd look weird. Same thing with "Patriotic" Americans. As an American, if I saw another American saluting a bird, I'd silently judge them.

The opening question in this specific post of mine isn't to come off rude at all btw. Also, as "redundant" as this thread may be, I feel this was meant as a "I'm curious" kind of thing.

TheGreatCthulhu

Composer of the Night.
ZD Champion
I live in the United States, let me clarify.

If you save a bald eagle, you're not saving America, but you are helping an animal in dire need, and that's just being a good person. That said, don't do it unless you're qualified, otherwise you can get in serious trouble. Bald and golden eagles are protected by a few laws even if the animals are off the Endangered Species List, we're still fiercely protective of them, and you shouldn't even so much as touch one unless you have an Eagle's License as a falconer, are a qualified professional, or are a Native that uses eagle feathers as part of your tribe's ritual ceremonies.

And no, it's not normal to salute the bald eagle, even if they are the national bird of the United States. It is normal to be in awe of them, because all hawks, falcons, and eagles are amazing animals to watch. It's a one of a kind experience to see a bald eagle dive to catch a fish out of the water, or to see a Peregrine Falcon go into a stoop and hit their prey out of the air, or to see a hawk dive down and kill a rabbit in the blink of an eye.

I've seen all three, it's quite the feat to see in action.

If saving a bald eagle is saving a part of America, then Australia is literally killing their country every time they kill an emu.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom