• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If you could remake one Zelda game, wich one would it be?

HylianEVAN

Conquer yourself
If you could remake one Zelda game, wich one would it be and it can be in any system you want.

For me it would be twilight princess on 3ds, now there was a rumor a year back saying Nintendo was making twilight princess 3D and I was so hyped for it but that rumor was fake but it could be on the switch!!!

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
I've always wanted a remake of Zelda 1, using similar maps and stuff, but with added sidequests and on the BotW engine. It would be a masterwork of gaming.

Castle

Ch!ld0fV!si0n
Pan-decepticon-transdeliberate-selfidentifying-sodiumbased-extraexistential-temporal anomaly
I've always wanted a remake of Zelda 1, using similar maps and stuff, but with added sidequests and on the BotW engine. It would be a masterwork of gaming.
Sounds like a great idea for a BotW mod.

Twilight Princess, hands down. Even though it is my all time favorite Zelda game, I've always maintained that TP is less than half the game it should have been. It really does show that nintendo even had greater things planed for TP that didn't make it in to the finished product.

Open the game up so that all the field areas are accessible from the start and allow Link to banish the twilight from regions in any order. Instead of the inane light tear scavenger hunt, I'd make Link hunt down and defeat minibosses until the region's main boss shows up. Along the way Link can interact with spirits and pursue side objectives.

Complete dungeons in any order.

Expand the game in general, in terms of content. More sidequests, more subplots, larger regions. Make Castle Town larger (like Gran Soren or Novigrad), the desert much larger and feature a return of the Spirit Temple, and expand the Snowpeak region too and add an Ice Palace.

At the midway turning point of the game, make the Twilight Realm fully accessible. Like the Dark World from ALttP, allow Midna to let Link warp back and forth at will, adding new dungeons, new quests, altering every region of Hyrule to its Twilight Realm counterpart. Let Link get to know the Twili and the Twilight Realm the same way Midna has come to know Hyrule. The focus here would be on completing dungeons to undo Zant's curse on each region of the Twilight Realm, restoring cursed regions and the Twili to their true forms. In addition to being able to do this in any order, this would run parallel to Link's dungeon quest in Hyrule as well. Make it so Link can warp to and from each realm to access otherwise inaccessible areas in the other like in ALttP.

Add Lon Lon Ranch and the descendants of Malon, Talon and Ingo. It's now owned jointly by the two families. Cram it full of sidequests.

Add the Gerudo and Sheikah.

Give Princess Zelda a larger more active role as Sheik.

Revamp Kakariko Village to resemble a medieval village as usual instead of a wild west ghost town. Add more residents, more shops, more arcades, side quests and expand the graveyard significantly. Feature a return of the Shadow Temple and Well.

Add Goron City. Expand Death Mountain beyond the woefully tiny linear path. Add the crater, hidden caves and mines. Feature a return of the Fire Temple.

Expand the forest significantly. Make it a sprawling twisting labyrinth to just get lost in and find all manner of stuff. Ruined castles, lone towers, abandoned villages, lost wells, hidden grottoes, misty lakes... Feature a return of the Forest Temple.

Jabu Jabu and the Deku Tree return.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I would love to see an HD bundle of Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks for the Switch. I think getting away from the stylus controls would be difficult, but having optional touch screen controls would still be viable for the Switch. I think puzzles that involved closing the DS to complete can be worked around by turning them into touch-and-drags or by drawing with your finger. Same goes for writing on the maps. The Switch also has gyro capabilities, so perhaps utilizing that to some extent would be another viable work-around. I'd love to see the environments rendered in full 3D as well, rather than just upgrading the 2.5D. I think that would make a big difference.

Hyrulian Hero

Zelda Informer Codger
My knee-jerk reaction is Link's Awakening because duh, but actuality, Four Swords Adventures is the perfect answer. Got five Switches lying around? Play that junk on five TVs wirelessly!!! And of course you could play it online. Honestly, let me break this down:

- First and foremost, this isn't a good answer to the question since I don't want a remake, I want an updated port.

- Keep the gameplay the same (possibly streamline a few elements?), we don't need some 3D remake.

- We need online play with simple matchmaking and a random option. I mean, seriously, it's easy, just do it! (channeling Shia LeBouf) Kick the tear-jerking Splatoon-style chat via cell phone (really, Nintendo?) and allow for head sets. Leaderboards of some kind? Could be fun. Go all out to get people buying, give us a level editor for Shadow Battle. Also, and this shouldn't be hard, two player couch co-op within the online play or local using a single joy-con. Letterbox half of the screen when people enter caves and buildings so that you can see the main screen as well as the individual screens. Anyway, online play.

- A new set of four levels and...wait, just sell me a ten dollar season pass and update the game regularly with sets of for new levels until there are twice as many levels as the OG game. This is a must.

- Dude, fully animated cut scenes. Like, outsource some CGI like Fire Emblem does and show me some sick Vaati vanishing action! Shoot, keep it in the construction paper aesthetic for nostalgia sake!

- Tetra's Trackers. Give me Tetra's Trackers. Zip your face, I see you scrolling down to write a pretentious comment! "Oh, Nintendo totally can't do that because of the spoken names they had in Japanese." Here's you
pma2IpAlp

so shut up because that's not a problem, that's an excuse. The West needs Tetra's Trackers.

- Several more party-style modes for extended FSA fun.

-Included Four Swords Anniversary Edition because I feel bad having the game yet having hardly played it when you can't even buy it any longer.

There you have it, the perfect Zelda game to be updated and released on the Switch.

Ninja

Well well well
Goes without saying, and it's definitely not ideal, but I'd still buy the **** out of it.. Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask HD for the Switch. I would say the original Zelda, however BotW is already there for the open worldness and being able to tackle any dungeon in order within reason.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
Zelda II: Adventure of Link with BotW combat.
I'd argue that this may ruin what's interesting about Zelda 2. That game could never be made today as it was, and how it was made is how it was intended to be played. It's just so different from anything else that exists, it would be like a whole new game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom