• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time If You Could, How Would You Change the Ending of Ocarina of Time?

Mikepoke101

Just Chilling.
After beating the Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time, I felt really satisfied for finally beating my favorite game, but as I continued to complete the game I felt the ending to be a bit...well disappointing. I mean at the end of Majora's Mask you get to see everyone you saved and help live a happy ending and you feel quite happy for your completion of all the side quests. But at the end of Ocarina of Time, you just see Navi leave, all the races dancing, and the sages meeting up on top of death mountain. Then you meet up with Zelda for a final time and that's it. I felt a little emotionally detached to the ending and I think if I had the chance I would have made the ending more epic and emotional because the game was a great story and I think they could have taken advantage of that and made the ending more involving thn what they did. I'm not saying I disliked the ending, I just would have like to tweak it a bit. Any thoughts on this?

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
If I could change the ending to OoT, all I would do is have it forced that Saria is revealed to be a Hylian as well thus forcing Link and Saria to get married. No sage business at all. /fanservice

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
I wouldn't change it. It's too epic. It is a little sad, that Link has to leave and doesn't get to see the results of his labor, i.e. everyone celebratting their freedom, but that feeling of sadness is what truely makes the ending great. Link leaves without letting everyone thank him, because he didn't do it for the thanks. Just like a true hero. That's why I wouldn't want to change anything.

Well, i don't like how in the end, even after you beat Ganondorf, this is basically what you get:
"Oh yeah, thanks for saving Hyrule and all, that was really legit. so.. yeah, I will take back your cool sword and the Ocarina of Time, and send you back to a place where nobody will ever remember what you did for us. Bye!"
So... yeah, I have unresolved anger towards the ending of OOT that no therapist can ever solve.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
Abbey, Link is remembered on his timeline as a hero, but he left that title to go find his friend : )

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom