• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD If there was just one more thing you could add to Skyward Sword HD, what would it be?

Skyward Sword HD

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Is your issue with the right stick responsibilities or the buttons in general? You can change button mappings for certain games, but you can’t really change what the right stick does…

The right stick stuff is the biggest and worst offender, but then there's how you can't move the camera around without holding the left bumper down, or the way holding your shield up is tied to clicking the left analog stick. While they can probably be remapped, the game is committed to forcing the dodgy motion controls onto the face buttons instead of designing a good control scheme that uses the buttons.

The right stick stuff is the biggest and worst offender, but then there's how you can't move the camera around without holding the left bumper down, or the way holding your shield up is tied to clicking the left analog stick. While they can probably be remapped, the game is committed to forcing the dodgy motion controls onto the face buttons instead of designing a good control scheme that uses the buttons.

I'm not kidding but For the first 10 hours of the game which is over 1/3 I think I used the shield 3 times. I forgot this game even had a shield at one point. Kinda made it a bit more challenging in a way but at certain parts of the game..I didn't even bother equipping one. As for Camera. I ust stopped using free form camera and just used ZL targeting to center camera.

The reason I stopped using the camera was I['m playing 3 other action adventure games that all use normal camera controls so I was hard for me to get use to them for SS because no other game in history would have you do something so ridiculous.

Now if they forced you to use L for Sword play...that would make more sense. Or automatically apply sword play when locked on as well. Camera should be default R stick.

They should have added a random sword swing to a button as well for just cutting grass and smashing pots.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom