• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

SSHD If there was just one more thing you could add to Skyward Sword HD, what would it be?

Skyward Sword HD

Dio

~ It's me, Dio!~
Voice acting. Cutscenes are designed to be way too cinematic to not have it. It works ok in blocky N64 games but in something which has cutscenes as polished as SS it looks jarring when lips are flapping but no voice is coming out. It should be made optional so that the original experience is preserved, but they should definitely record the lines properly for those that want them.

More heart pieces. Instead of starting off with 6, you start off with the standard 3. Rest could be found through more goddess cubes, mini games. New islands to explore would have been nice as well.

More heart pieces. Instead of starting off with 6, you start off with the standard 3. Rest could be found through more goddess cubes, mini games. New islands to explore would have been nice as well.

while I agree there should be more heart pieces and things to find in general. I disagree about the starting hearts. Having 3 hearts would have made this game very challenging for newcomers. Even as a vet and someone who struggled with the controls I died maybe more times in the first 4 hours than every other Zelda game combined not including the NES ones. And 9/10 those were to trying to fiddle with the controls both motion and button.

And to answer the topic about the actual game and not controls. The Overworld. I would have added a better structured designed overworld. The flying areas of the overworld are awful. Theres very little to do or find and it got tedious.

I would readd the recalibration thing for the Joy-cons. Just tried playing with the motion controls for like 7 seconds and Noped out of that.:anger3d:

you have recalibrate it every few minutes because theres no sensor bar. It is **** and why I quit motion about 2 hours in. Well that and the fact that anything motion related that doesn't involve your sword attacks(which work fine) is absolutely horrible.

Vanessa28

Angel of Darkness
Staff member
ZD Legend
Administrator
Hmmm... I hardly have to calibrate them. Only a very few times. But I don't use motion control much because hubby claims the tv so I have to play handheld :ham: I love the motion controls so much better though but thanks to all the time playing handheld I learn how to use the button controls better. Especially the sword controls

Hmmm... I hardly have to calibrate them. Only a very few times. But I don't use motion control much because hubby claims the tv so I have to play handheld :ham: I love the motion controls so much better though but thanks to all the time playing handheld I learn how to use the button controls better. Especially the sword controls

When the motion controls works and I'm not flying or balancing a rope or air gliding then it's absolutely the best way to play this game. Thsts not even debatable. I can't play handheld due joycon drifts. It makes it impossible to control camera properly at times.

Bowsette Plus-Ultra

wah
ZD Legend
Good button controls. I don't like either method of play Skyward Sword, but the controller mapping is absolutely atrocious. Considering how much money they're charging for this port, I expected more.

MapelSerup

not actually Canadian
Good button controls. I don't like either method of play Skyward Sword, but the controller mapping is absolutely atrocious. Considering how much money they're charging for this port, I expected more.
Is your issue with the right stick responsibilities or the buttons in general? You can change button mappings for certain games, but you can’t really change what the right stick does…

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom