• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If Link Were A Woman

athenian200

Circumspect
a place of settlement, activity, or residence.
If Link were a woman, Prince Zelda would have to be male. Chances are that she'd use a lot more magic and fewer physical attacks, due to being physically weaker. She would probably also have to put up with being teased/mocked about how ridiculous it is that a girl wants to save Hyrule, etc. The game would be full of tomboy jokes, with only a few people that took her seriously. She might even have trouble getting shop owners to do business with her (at least for shields or ammunition) at first, though they would become more accepting once she'd accomplished a few things.

There might be mini-games involving Link putting on make-up, or flirting with enemy guards in order to get through. Also, it's likely that the Gerudo would warm up to her more quickly, as they would have something in common.

In the 80's, how often did we really see a female protagonist? (And knew from the start, mind you.) Nothing comes to mind.

What about Phantasy Star for the Sega Master System? That was released in 1987.

See I knew I'd forget something...

athenian200 said:
She might even have trouble getting shop owners to do business with her (at least for shields or ammunition) at first, though they would become more accepting once she'd accomplished a few things.
Child Link gets enough of that as it is. "haha you're just a kid, what can you do?"

zants follower

underling of the dark god
Well the closest thing I could find that she would look like was
Zelda_TG_Link_Chicken.jpg

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
If Link was a girl then Zelda would have to be a prince lol what a twist! I would probably name my file Linx or Lynx or something and my overall view of the series would be slightly altered to fit this hypothetical situation. With link as a girl I think I would feel a little worse if she got hit but other than that there isen't too much of a difference, the gameplay would still be the same and the storyline would remain untouched. If it is simply a matter of changing Links character model from male to female than I might even welcome that change (granted it is only temporary: for like 1 game) but as I see it Link will remain as a guy because ganon doesn't like to capture princes he likes princesses.

J Oh

Hylian Alchemist
The only way I see this being a possibility is if the game revolved around Zelda being the protagonist. Maybe Ganon wised up and captured Link to halt the process of Hyrule being saved and Zelda actually has to "man up" and not be the damsel in distress and do the job herself. (Don't take that line personally ladies :p) Now that I think about it that would make for an interesting game. You could even please the Sheik fans by implementing the ability of her switching back and forth to use different abilities and weapons. Bringing forth a new perspective on Zelda and maybe some interesting storyline to the royal family of Hyrule. Hmm.

Majora's Cat

How about that
I don't count CD-i either. Although Zelda starred in Zelda's Adventure, I don't think it counts as having a female protagonist in a main Zelda game.

Master

Upcoming
To tell you the truth , i actually like this idea . I'll to see how it would come out . But for now , it is just another guy saving a princess

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom