• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If cooking comes back, let's cook the monsters!

So... I dunno if I ever mentioned this before but I really dig the cooking mechanic of Breath of the Wild and Tears of the Kingdom. However... after watching this anime called "Campfire Cooking in Another World With My Absurd Skill"... my god that name is too long... where monsters like orcs get hunted and have their meat cooked.
So... if the cooking mechanic comes back, would you possible wanna cook the monsters? I don't mean make potions, I mean making Moblin steaks or finally live out the meme and eat an Octorok?

Sorry if this is such a weird question, but given I like the idea of cooking in these games, and I like that anime I mentioned, I couldn't help but let the idea of thinking... Moblin meat might taste like pepperoni.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Man I was just thinking about Dungeon Meshi when I read this thread title, and that's not even the anime you're talking about, lol. You should watch that instead of isekai number 5767893.

As for the actual topic, I think that would be really funny to see and bring up some questions about what monsters really are; if theyre closer to animals or theyre just made of pure evil magic (the series tends to lean on the latter). I definitely enjoy the cooking mechanic and would like to see it keep being utilized going forward either way.

Uwu_Oocoo2

Joy is in video games and colored pencils
ZD Legend
Forum Volunteer
But then I'd have to have uncomfortable thoughts about Link cooking and eating sapient creature. :oink:
Yeah, it makes using the monster masks feel a little more cruel lol.

If they did let you eat monsters, it'd be cool if different types had different affect. Lizalfos food makes you swim better, Lynel food increases your strength etc. Might be a good way to get more variety in monsters too.

I just wanna make octorok takoyaki, Nintendo. Please, if we can't eat the other monsters, at least let us eat the octoroks. Do it for the memes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom