• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

If a Religion Had to Be a Reality, Which One Would You Want to Exist?

The Joker

<span style="text-shadow:2px 2px 4px Purpl
Even though I was raised as a christian, the idea of that god being a reality disturbs me. But if I personally had to choose, I'd say either the Nordic religion or Jedi.

What religion, real or fake, would you like to be a reality?

Locke

Hegemon
Site Staff
Pretty much all "religions" are "real", in that people follow them. As far as which religion follows truthful teachings, I think Christianity's best. Read up on God's covenant with Abraham. The terms there are basically "If I (God) break this covenant, let me be split in two! If you (Abraham and his descendants) break this covenant, let me be split in two!" I don't know of any other gods that would do that, let alone godless religions.

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
HELIX FOSSIL!!!

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ LORD GOD HELIX IS BENEVOLENT AND JUST ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ THE WAY OF HELIX LEADS TO THE GOLDEN PARADISE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HELIX IS LOVE HELIX IS LIFE ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ HIS RESURRECTION WILL SIGNAL THE BEGINNING OF A NEW ERA OF PROSPERITY AND THE END OF DARKNESS AND SINFUL MISGIVINGS ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PRAISE BE TO LORD GOD HELIX ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

I'd first like to say that I didn't have a religious upbringing, nor have I educated myself on the subject of religion (something I'd like to change eventually). That said, Hinduism (or my own perception of it, at least) has always had the most appeal to me; mostly the ideas of Karma and reincarnation. Were these concepts to be actual, 100% real and existing laws of the universe, I believe the quality of life for us all would be dramatically superior to what it is now. Those who mistreated one another and the things around them would be reborn as something inferior (human being reborn as an animal, for instance), and those who were benevolent would be reborn superior, a cycle referred to as saṃsāra. This cycle continues until one is able to recognize his/her own soul as a part of Brahman (the eternal soul), he/she achieves moksha (liberation from saṃsāra), and is able to exist within the realm of Brahman, in supreme immortality.

These all sound like good things to me, and would also help ease my fear of eternity.

(Again, I can't stress the fact that I'm pretty much entirely uneducated enough, so pardon any inaccuracies.)

Batman

Not all those who wander are lost...
Real Religion: Buddhism (although I have serious problems with it). The 3 Abrahamic religions are some of the most evil and sick religions in human history. Genocidal, racist, twisted, immoral dictator gods who curse humanity, think of us as fodder to be played with and abused, condemns us for being curious beings, tortures us for all eternity if we don't praise the Dear Leader, and "loves" us in the same way a drunk father who comes home and beats his wife "loves" his kids - so they're out no matter what.

Fake Religion: Jedi, definitely.

Last edited:

misskitten

Hello Sweetie!
The Doctor (I'd make it into a religion if I had to), I'd much rather have the world in the hands of a madman with a box travelling through time and space :)

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Church of the Children of Atom.

childrenofatom_144x144.bmp

For the record, all of you who said jedi, Taoism (IIRC) is very similar and it is what the Jedi order was based off of.

i am a Roman Catholic and firmly believe in the reality of my beliefs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom