• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Breath of the Wild Ideas for New Threats.

The goal of the Wii U Zelda is to rethink the formula so why not bring in a threat that hyrule hasn't seen during a zelda game.
One idea I had was that the power hungry king of a nearby kingdom wants to invade hyrule and take it for himself. The king besieges hyrule and so link has to defend hyrule. He fails and the king takes hyrule for himself, he keeps the princess locked up in the dungeons before a public execution but then he gets wind of the tri-force and realises zelda may still be of use. Link then has to stop the evil king and save zelda before it's too late. As the final dungeon the evil king could succeed in getting the tri-force and uses it to create a grand castle designed to keep anything he doesn't want out.
well that's just my Idea. what do you think? and if you have an Idea please share it with me.

Sounds like your basic, garden-variety Zelda plot. Except in this case a tyrannical king from an invading kingdom serves as a figurehead for Ganondorf. In other words, while I don't consider this a bad idea, it sounds an awful lot like it's been done before (in fact, it sorta has). It's simply a disguised form of the series' most basic plot formula.

The idea of an invading kingdom in itself, however, is a superlative idea.

Aelic7

The Young Drifter
I've always liked to see surrounding kingdoms around Hyrule; I think it would be a neat idea but, as Wolf Sage said, the plot you described sounds basic. It would be pretty cool if Hyrule were at war with another kingdom during the course of the game; that would really open up some plot-development opportunities, similar to a Fire Emblem game.

Zorth

#Scoundrel
I find something like this might work, but the main focus of the plot should not be to stop a tyrant like this from conquering the world, this event should've happened long ago. I would find it far more interesting to follow the rebellion that would form after decades of darkness & tyranny, of which the hero with the triforce of courage would take part in and try to overthrow the evil king. Could be a nice plot for some cool quests, like finding heroes amongst regular people, helping diverse races, kingdoms & cultures form alliances, rebuilding cities etc. Anything basically that would make people come together and defeat the evil forces?

Huh... I do like the other kingdoms beside Hyrule thing.

My own idea, while I'm sure Nintendo would warp into a return of Ganon thing, I actually would like to see anyway. An enemy born withing Hyrule's own kingdom, a former knight of Hyrule disgraced or cast out and becomes a blood knight to seek vengeance.
For one thing, we'd see more of the Hylian knights, plus we'd have a bad guy who is an actual Hylian, since I don't think we've actually had a full blooded Hylian as a villain.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom