• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Idea I Want in Zelda Wii

G

Giraffesman3705

hi guys. this is my first post in the forums. i just want to say what i think should be in zelda wii!:(
ok so starting off with
#1- i want to see cool items, like the spinner be brought back and used more.
#2- an instrument with songs like previous games,
#3 explain how everything happened (such as the start of the timeline/time) like how the master sword is able to defeat ganon but no other sword.
#4 i want to see a cutscene where the gerudos tell you how ganon became the person he is.
#5 zora and fire tunics to come back.
#6 iron boots to have a little faster walk speed
#7 items more realistic (arrows dont go in a streight line into the air and never come back, they will eventually come back down and hit the ground)
#8 5 heart peices for a container, 20 hearts, more side quests
#9 a cave of ordeal kind of thing.
#10. a place where you can summon enemies and have a sloughter fest, such as in twilight princess in the fire temple when you go to the boss room, you shoot down the big bridge, and behind it appear like 20 gerudo guys. like that, just with more cause killing with the sword is epic.
#11- we see link's mother.
#12- link is the grandson of the real hro of time, and the real link lives in the same town as the grandson link
#13- time moves when in a town
#14- link be able to go to bed to replenish hearts
#15- more items with more usage.
#16 a ladder item or raft item like in early zelda.

thank you for your cooperation with what i want to see in it.

I agree with a lot of your ideas. I think items definately need to be used more like in previous games, and being the grandson of a Link in a previous game would be cool. Seeing Links mom would be interesting, more side-quests is a need. I want them to up the difficulty or have a second quest with upped difficulty or have difficulty settings. Or start of easy and have a good learning curve so it gets really difficult in the end. I want a new world that isn't Hyrule. I want more towns, and more interesting NPC's.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
#1- Natch. Though, I think the spinner is goofy and too specific.
#2- Agreed. Maybe a new instrument. A violin? A drum? Something that makes use of motion controls seems like it would be a good idea.
#3 It would be interesting. But I think that the overarching story is really unimportant to Nintendo. I don't think they really care how the games are connected.
#4 Good character development is key to making a game immersive.
#5 Yeah, plus some new ones maybe.
#6 Dear God, please!
#7 Agreed.
#8 Ug, please no. I think continuing to break up heart pieces into tinnier bits is a waste of the players time. I am all for side quests though.
#9 This kind of broke the spell for me in TP, it doesn't naturally fit into the game. I am all for combat challenges though.
#10. Mmmmm, slaughter fest.
#11- Yeah, that'd be cool. I think it's unlikely though.
#12- Hmmmm, for some reason I don't like this idea.
#13- Yes. It's silly that it doesn't in the games already.
#14- Hmm, ok, that makes sense to me.
#15- Agreed.
#16 Sure. Though I think a raft makes more sense than a ladder.

Phantom Zelda

Mostly Harmless
Yeah I like a lot of you ideas but I dont know about the more items...that seems like a lot of switching back and forth but more items is also good because you can beat enemies diferently which is fun :D

Maxxxers

Fanboy
hi guys. this is my first post in the forums. i just want to say what i think should be in zelda wii!:(
ok so starting off with
#3 explain how everything happened (such as the start of the timeline/time) like how the master sword is able to defeat ganon but no other sword.
#4 i want to see a cutscene where the gerudos tell you how ganon became the person he is.
#7 items more realistic (arrows dont go in a streight line into the air and never come back, they will eventually come back down and hit the ground)
#10. a place where you can summon enemies and have a sloughter fest, such as in twilight princess in the fire temple when you go to the boss room, you shoot down the big bridge, and behind it appear like 20 gerudo guys. like that, just with more cause killing with the sword is epic.
#12- link is the grandson of the real hro of time, and the real link lives in the same town as the grandson link

thank you for your cooperation with what i want to see in it.

1: I agree. I thought the spinner was the best item ever. So much fun. lol
2: I dont really like the instrument idea. I dont know why.
3: I agree, but i dont agree. I love seeing all the fans be hysterical about the timeline. And the master sword is just THE sword. boom. Just explained it.
4: Same here.
5: More clothes options is a great idea.
6: How about link walk faster in general..?
7: No. Arrows have to go in a straight line. It would be so annoying having to arch the arrow. But if you shoot it straight up in the air, it would be cool if it came back down, but no arching of the arrows.
8: I agree. More sidequests. But i also want sidequests to be longer and more rewarding. I hated in Twilight Princess to go through a (not really all that hard) but annoying sidequests, to only get a bomb bag or a heart piece.
9: Yes.
10: Like a training camp, if so then yes.
11: No.
12: No. I always like to think that Link doesnt have a family, but rather just appears, as if a gift from the gods.
13: ? I dont get it. But i do want more towns.
14: Good idea.
15: Sure.
16: Raft is a good idea. I would love to see a mixture between OoT/TP and WW. Like it has a mainland where there are multiple dungeons (like 8 or so) and then you have to boat to other islands where some dungeons and treasures and towns are, and possibly another mainland or dimension.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master

First of all, welcome to the forums. I'm Master Kokiri 9, and I'm pleased to meet ya. Make sure to stay active make plenty of good, quality posts. Also, you may want to fix your grammar. The spelling's good, but you'll probably want to use capitals a little more. I'm willing to let it slide now, but others might not so tread carefully.

Agreed. They had a lot of potential in TP with items like the Spinner and Ball & Chain, but they were both used once or twice in the entire game. Cool items like those that are used more are absolutely a must for Zelda Wii.

Quite a good idea there, Giraffesman. I like the inclusion of musical items in Zelda games, and I was quite saddened to know that in TP you only made your own music six times in the whole game and didn't get an actual musical instrument like the Ocarina or Wind Waker.

Well, while this would clear up a bit of timeline confusion, I'd personally prefer for this not to happen. The biggest and most attractive thing about the Zelda timeline is the mystery surrounding it, never knowing for sure where all the games go.

And personally, I'd like it if the Timeline wasn't that big a deal in Zelda Wii like it was in MM: it's canonical to the timeline and has a definitive spot, but it doesn't relate to any game other than it's confirmed prequel, OoT. If you ask me, this allows for Nintendo to spend more time making it the best it can be and less time worrying about the Timeline. But that's just my opinion.

That would be cool, but I'm not sure how it would work. You see, we already have a game based around the origins of Ganondorf, OoT to be exact, and if Nintendo built another game around it, it really wouldn't make that much sense unless somehow they centered it around the Hylian Civil War (specified by the Great Deku Tree Sprout). After all, a game centered around that would be absolutely amazing and I would really love to see character development on Ganondorf. After all, that's part of what I loved so much about WW, instead of just filling the role of "Villain" or "Final Boss" Ganondorf was a character in his own right as much as Link, Tetra, or the King of Red Lions.

This would be cool and while it might get a little annoying from time to time, it'd definately be worth the occasional annoyance of having to go to the equipment screen to have deeper gameplay. And maybe we could have it as the tunics give you special abilities you wouldn't have otherwise, like the Zora Tunic makes you swim better in addition to being able to stay underwater and the Goron Tunic allows you to gain the strength of a Goron? That'd be epic! :D

Um, what? I don't mean to sound rude, but the Iron Boots are supposed to slow you down, not speed you up.

I could go for some more realistic items. After all, that's part of what I loved about TP, is that the items were more realistic (mostly the Slingshot and Clawshots, but still).

Ah, the Heart Pieces were my favorite aspect of TP. I just loved how you had to get more Heart Pieces in order to get a full Heart Container because that allowed for more sidequests.

Better yet, why not have it as though Link actually has all 20 Hearts from the beginning of the game, only to have something bad happen and have all his Heart Containers shatter and scatter, leaving Link with the classic 3 Hearts. Who knows, maybe they could be even more specific like you have to solve a puzzle to fix the Heart Containers instead of them magically fixing on their own and them all being intercompatible with each other.

And I absolutely LOVE sidequests, those were my favorite part of WW and MM. I just love the sidequests to death because they make 100% completion all the more fun!

Ah, the Cave of Ordeals. To be honest, I'd love another Cave of Ordeals/Savage Labyrinth thing to go through, maybe with better rewards than just useless fairies appearing at springs and the best bottled healing item in the game that just broke it even more. Perhaps stuff like, your arrows fly fasting, or your sword does more damage, or even a special tunic upgrade that upgrades your defense? That'd be terrific!

I think I'm starting to like you already kiddo. I just love fighting hordes of monsters, that's what I loved so much about the Cave of Ordeals and almost every aspect of WW. If they do that in Zelda Wii, I think I'm going to die from sheer nerdy happiness.

Ah yes, something to make me actually want to go through my quest. People would probably argue that Link is supposed to be a representation of the character and thus there should be no in game mother for him, but he hasn't been an avatar in almost five years. In all the other games, he was his own character and if they did something tragic with Link to make him want to go on his quest (part of what I loved about WW: Link's innocent little sister was kidnapped, thus making him want to go on his quest and also to make you feel for him as though he were a real person) then that'd be absolutely amazing.

I think it would be cool to have two heroes in the same period and how they're related. Perhaps maybe having the Hero of Time die or something to make Link want to start his quest of peace, prosperity, and justice?

Ehh, I'm indifferent on this idea. Honestly, I liked how they pulled it off in MM but other than that I say I don't really care either way.

Was that a Final Fantasy reference? :lol: Just kidding, just kidding. Anyways, I think that coupled with perhaps inns existing in towns along Link's journey and less frequent heart drops from enemies that'd be terrific.

Ah, this is good. You see, that's what I loved about WW and MM. You use your main items all the time and you always have to make sure you don't have to use Item X in Dungeon X even though you didn't get that item in that dungeon.

Ah, that'd be cool but I'm not sure how the ladder would work out in Zelda Wii. After all, it's supposed to be a 3D game so if you get something like the Hookshot or the Grappling Hook, that'd pretty much make the Ladder obsolete.

The raft is more understandable if there's going to be any sea travel, and it'd be incredibly epic (more epic than swimming could ever be, I know that), but I think if we're going to be traveling by water we're going to get something like the Zora Armor from TP.

G

Giraffesman3705

Ah, the Heart Pieces were my favorite aspect of TP. I just loved how you had to get more Heart Pieces in order to get a full Heart Container because that allowed for more sidequests.

Better yet, why not have it as though Link actually has all 20 Hearts from the beginning of the game, only to have something bad happen and have all his Heart Containers shatter and scatter, leaving Link with the classic 3 Hearts. Who knows, maybe they could be even more specific like you have to solve a puzzle to fix the Heart Containers instead of them magically fixing on their own and them all being intercompatible with each other.

HTML:
this idea is awesome! that would be cool! for lets say 50 rupees in the begining of the game you buy a crafting station, and then when you get 5 peices of heart, you go to the station and glue them or something. thats a kewl idea

I think I'm starting to like you already kiddo. I just love fighting hordes of monsters, that's what I loved so much about the Cave of Ordeals and almost every aspect of WW. If they do that in Zelda Wii, I think I'm going to die from sheer nerdy happiness.

HTML:
i know just slashing away with the sword is so fun! i could do it for so long and have no worries, cause its sooooo fun

I think it would be cool to have two heroes in the same period and how they're related. Perhaps maybe having the Hero of Time die or something to make Link want to start his quest of peace, prosperity, and justice?

HTML:
how about in the beginning the hero of time calls link over to show him how to battle, and ganon comes in and kills him then flees, and link goes through an adventure to kill ganon and get revenge for his grandfather

Was that a Final Fantasy reference? :lol: Just kidding, just kidding. Anyways, I think that coupled with perhaps inns existing in towns along Link's journey and less frequent heart drops from enemies that'd be terrific.

HTML:
:0 how in the oddly huge world did you guess?!?!?! it was a final fantasy/secret of mana refrence... lol!!!!

The raft is more understandable if there's going to be any sea travel, and it'd be incredibly epic (more epic than swimming could ever be, I know that), but I think if we're going to be traveling by water we're going to get something like the Zora Armor from TP.

thats true... now also, how about like you have the raft, and since you are holding a wii remote, there are waves, that can tip it over, so link is standing or sitting there, and you have to move the wii remote by twisting your wrist so that the raft doesnt tip. if it does who knows what will happen lol!1!

G

Giraffesman3705

wow this thread got a lot of replies for a first thread.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
wow this thread got a lot of replies for a first thread.

Dude, please don't double post. If you want to add something to your post, please add it via an edit to your previous post. I'm willing to let it slide by not deducting Reputation now seeing as your a new member, but just don't do it again. Also, try not to make spam like that. It's against the rules here and short posts that don't contribute to the conversation are considered spam, so please don't do it. I'm not trying to be mean, I'm just trying to keep you out of the nasty Red Zone of Rep (or worse, like a Ban). So, please heed my advice. Also, if you haven't already read them, read the Rules and abide by them.

And I know I'm not a Mod, but I'm just trying to teach you so that you don't have to go through the displeasure of not being able to use the SB or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom