• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Think I Found Something.

I was watching the trailer like I always do, and I noticed something about the map in the background. I warn you, because the image is extremely large, but I think it confirms there are only four dungeons in ST, and they showed us the forest dungeon and water dungeon in the trailer.

HUGE picture.

You can see three different symbols in the trailer (Although, the symbol in the forest section of the map is hard to see.) The three symbols are at the four corners of the map in the trailer. The symbol near the Forest is seen in the Forest dungeon. The symbol in the Ocean section of the map is seen in the dungeon where the whip is used. A third symbol can be seen by the Volcano, but the dungeon where that appears wasn't shown in the trailer.

Could this mean that ST will be like Majora's Mask, Wind Waker, and The Minish Cap, where they only had a few dungeons, but they were designed extremely well?

By the way, I'm not counting the final dungeon, just the dungeons that you have to go through to get to the final dungeon.

Last edited:
L

Lan_Hikari

Wow, that's a really good find!
I really hope that it does have 4 dungeons because that would mean that they're takign a step in the direction of Majora's Mask or even Wind Waker, which is probably good as those are my two favorite Zelda games.

I don't remember, did the trailer show the fourth symbol or was it hidden? Because that might give us a hint as to what the fourth dungeon's theme is.

Personally, I don't think the symbols show what the element of the dungeon is. I think they're more of like the Medallions in the adult portion of OoT, the designs don't really give away what their elemental theme is, they're just more of a design that appears commonly throughout the dungeon.

As for the fourth symbol, the trailer never really allows us to get a good view of it, but I managed to the bottom half and the right half of it, along with its surroundings on the map.

http://i37.tinypic.com/2qn3wjl.png

Personally, I believe the northwestern area is an ice area. It could be where the ice mountains on the European and Japanese box art are. Northeastern section obviously has the volcano. Southwestern section we've seen in the trailers, that's the forest area. Southeastern section I believe is a water-y section due to all the fish we see on the map, and the pirate ship.

ケンジ

僕は準備完了しています!
Paranaque City, Metro Manila, Philippines
Nice find! I am VERY impressed, this could really mean something!

I also noticed that might not be important to this thread but, I Noticed Link's Shield, It's Different from the one in PH, it kinda looks like the Hylian shield but with no Blue background.

This question just popped into my head so please try to clarify this to me.

If these symbols are from the OoT Era, then how do the builder's of the temple Know the Design when Tetra and Link were the only ones who new it? After all the Land in ST is the NEW Hyrule. This confuses me.

This following MM's footsteps? i can agree with that but i think there is something more.... We will get to see it all when the games come out.

I don't think the symbols are from the OoT era, I was just comparing them to the medallions in OoT. The medallions in OoT had a symbol on them that was seen throughout their respective dungeons, but the design on the medallion didn't give away their elemental theme.

These new symbols I don't think have anything to do with the medallions from OoT, just that they're the symbol that's going to be seen throughout their respective dungeon, and I don't think they give away an elemental theme in their dungeon.

Master Kokiri 9

The Dungeon Master
Wellllllllllllll.... I'm impressed that you found that but it doesn't mean squat. In the Zelda trailers they never show everything in the game. Here's some proof.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LzuPhrtrs-U

A Twilight Princess trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzhw_jxWJoU

A very epic Ocarina of Time trailer.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gYfZ_aLsW90

The Wind Waker debut trailer at E3 2002. Also has anyone else noticed that in beta Wind Waker Link's sleeves are orange?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUVp94CWbWs

The E3 2004 Minish Cap debut trailer which only shows a tiny bit of gameplay.

Anyways I'm pretty sure I don't have to find more trailers to prove that they don't show much for Zelda.

Good observation... :)

I don't really think Spirit Tracks will have only four dungeons, primarily because it's such a small number and technically there isn't a single game in the series with that few dungeons. Something more like Minish Cap (six dungeons) is possible, but Spirit Tracks is showing so many similarities to Phantom Hourglass that I think it might be more similar to that game in dungeon count... wait, did PH have six dungeons too? >.<

Keep in mind that even if those symbols on the map do represent dungeons, that it doesn't mean there are only as many dungeons as there are symbols. In Twilight Princess, large purple symbols marked the locations of dungeons on the map, but only have that dungeon had been discovered. In other words, the same thing could happen in Spirit Tracks: Those symbols might only appear after the dungeon has been discovered. ;)

I will definitely agree that those symbols correspond to the dungeons. That's a common thing in the Zelda series and would make sense. Every dungeon has a symbol.

Good post, and I think everything you said is possible, except for...

I don't really think Spirit Tracks will have only four dungeons, primarily because it's such a small number and technically there isn't a single game in the series with that few dungeons..

Majora's Mask only had 4 main dungeons. Sure, it had Ikana Castle, but that wasn't a full dungeon. But yeah, I find it highly unlikely they'll make another game with the same amount of dungeons as MM, unless it has as many sidequests and stuff to do before the dungeons as MM. However, I don't think ST is that game.

I think ST will have four main dungeons, but it will have the Tower of Spirits and possibly a sixth dungeon, or a mini dungeon like Forsaken Fortress/Ikana Castle/Under the Well/etc.

I actually had an idea on another site on how they would add an extra dungeon to make the total 6. You get to the fourth dungeon, beat the boss, and get to the room that contains the item you need to get. However, Cole beats you there, and smashes the item into multiple pieces. You'll then go on a fetch quest across the world to collect the pieces again, and one of the pieces would be in a fifth dungeon.

I don't like fetch quests, but it seems like a move Nintendo would make. That'd made five dungeons, and then the Tower of Spirits.

Contrary to popular belief, Wind Waker actually had quite a few dungeons.

Dragon Roost Cavern
Forbidden Woods
Tower of the Gods
Forsaken Fortress ( I count it)
Wind Temple
Earth Temple
Ganon's Tower

That's 6 or 7 dungeons, when most have 8-10? Eh.

But anyway. Four Dungeons would make sense.....it would make sense. Most smaller games seem to have it anyway, with a few exceptions.

And yes, probably a little more, since Nintendo does seem the ones to pull something like that breaking whatever thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom