• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Need Some Zelda Recommendations.

So, I was introduced to the Legend of Zelda series back in the summer, and I've gotten completely hooked and am proud to say I am a huge fan. But, I've only played three Zelda games: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker. I have two other games in mind, though: I REALLY, REALLY want Twilight Princess for Christmas, and I'm also interested in playing A Link to the Past. I've haven't played a lot of the original, but from what I have played, it's been, in a word, "meh." Too non-linear, confusing, and difficult for my tastes, unfortunately. I've also heard that AoL is rip-out-your-hair-hard, so I'm not too interested in playing it. I like challenges, but not something that's just downright frustrating. I'm becoming interested in playing The Minish Cap, as I've heard it's good. So, here's how things are so far:

Played and Beaten: Ocarina of Time, Majora's Mask, and Wind Waker.
REALLY, REALLY, REALLY WANT: Twilight Princess
Interested in Playing: A Link to the Past, The Minish Cap
Oh, and my little brother has Spirit Tracks and I have a DS. Should I ask to start up a file and play it? Is it good?

So, I would like to ask you, the Zelda Dungeon community, what Zelda games I should play to occupy myself before Skyward Sword comes out, which is hopefully in the Spring as it's been predicted. I can't call myself a true Zelda fan having only played 3-5 games, can I? I suppose I can't call myself a true fan if I haven't played and beaten the original as well... but, meh... Maybe...
Oh, and the Nintendo Consoles I own are:
A Wii, (so anything on the NES, SNES, or N64 I can get via Virtual Console) a Gamecube, a Nintendo DS Lite (the oldish-kind, so anything on the Gameboy I can play as well) so anything that's made for those systsems or is available for those systems, I can probably get and play.
Thanks!

MrLuigi

Theorist
A Link to the Past is VERY good.
I would also recommend Spirit Tracks, each game has some pretty good puzzles.

I dont really like the ds titles as much as the GBA and console titles. You really need twilight princess.

LolGames4U

Viceroy of Area 11
I like Spirit Tracks. My first Zelda game was Phantom Hourglass when it first came out. I went retro (I have a 64 but the only games I had were Mario Party and SM64) and got OoT, MM, and a bunch of the others. Then I worked my way forward. Still haven't beaten the originals on NES, Four Swords Adventure, or Majora's Mask (I just aquired a 64 Expansion Pak; I don't do well under time pressures so I'm kind of scared to dig into MM).

I would say A Link to the Past. One of my favorite games of all-time. But I know some people who were introduced to the newer Zelda games who didn't end up liking A Link to the Past, for some reason. Twilight Princess is really great too, and similar to Ocarina of Time, but with better graphics and gameplay.

alright man. first of all, you did good playing those three first. best three (although i do like twilight princess a bit more than Majoras mask), those three are for sure good for starts. you NEED to play link to the past. you just have to. it sets the stage for ocarina of time, and basically every other console game. and its just awesome. good length; not too hard, but challenging. the oracle games are good if you dont mind stepping back in time to REALLY bad graphics and stuff, but are still good to throw in there. Phantom hourglass was tons of fun, but (although i havent played it all the way through) spirit tracks is sort of a lamer version in my opinion. still a good one to play thouhg. the NES ones definitely take lots of patience (patience that i personally dont have) to play, although some will argue that you have to play them because theyre "classic". im on like the 7th dungeon in legend of zelda for GBA right now. lol well sorry i just kinda ranted but i hope something i said was useful in some way

shane :)

Punktion2

The Everchosen
Dude, you gotta play twilight princess. you will be complete if you lack the completion of this game. Though it is quite a challenge. You are probably already used to the kind of frustration you get when stuck on something so you should be OK with TP.

Alar

Clothed in Green
I would go for Twilight Princess, because if you liked Ocarina of Time you'll like Twilight Princess , the same reason Wind Waker reminded me alot of Majoras mask, the games go in Pairs. If not Twilight Princess i would go for Spirit Tracks... no Phantom Hourglass... No Spirit Tracks. Go for Spirit Tracks i feel that it is better than PH just trust me,or better yet buy both, like i said before games go in pairs in my opinion. So get Twlight Princess, then Spirit Tracks then phantom hourglass. I dont know alot about the older games i myself have The Legend Of Zelda 1 and a link to the past but i dont play them. I think i'm just one of these Younger gamers, but oh well .

Alttp, OoT, MM, WW and TP = my 5 favorite games of all time (without an order)

so, go TP or Alttp, anyways, MC is extremly good too (well, its zelda after all xD)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom