• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

General Modern I Miss Epona!

Sydney

The Good Samaritan
I think Epona should make a return, of course, but expanding other various methods of transportation is also important. Epona isn't the only thing that gets Link from one place to another, so the more options there are the better.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Personally, it doesn't really matter to me that much. In any of the games Epona was in, I pretty much walked everywhere, no matter how far away it was. I rarely used warping, too. I've always preferred to just walk. So, to be honest, I haven't missed Epona at all, and it wouldn't really bother me if she never returned.

By the way, it's been three games. The last game with Epona was Twilight Princess, and between that and Skyward Sword are Phantom Hourglass and Spirit Tracks.

Epona is my favorite mode of transportation throughout the Zelda franchise. Her back story is well explained in Ocarina of time and Twilight Princess and being a fan of the medieval theme permeating most installments, found the horse a welcome addition. It'd be nice to see Link's trusty steed return in the forthcoming Wii U installment. Imagine its neck hair in brilliant HD.

That said, I'd also like for Ganondorf's dark foil horse to be analyzed in detail in future installments. When I saw the beast, I always felt as though it has a story to be told. Just as Dark Link serves as a juxtaposition to the hero in green, so too should a more prominent role be allotted to Epona's doppelganger.

bunny

birb overlord
I miss Epona too, but if she's used too much, then she'd just get old. I don't mind waiting a while for her to return. It'll be more special that way.

Ventus

Mad haters lmao
I miss Epona, but she isn't so critical to the modern Zelda experience. I think the foal--and later the mare--was more for the epic audience whereas other modes of transportation were for the general appeal kinda thing. I mean, I'd love to see that beautiful horse in a later game, but I can't see her being remotely useful or even exciting anymore.

Also, nitpicking here but it's actually been three games since Epona (well, technically one if you don't count PH and ST as 'canon' entries): Phantom Hourglass, Spirit Tracks and Skyward Sword. :3

DarkestLink

Darkest of all Dark Links
I understand the DS titles had no choice...but the loftwing is dull and sailing is the absolute worst monstrosity to hit the series. I guess I could live with the train though if it was limited to DS games.

caleb11roy

Hero of Rhyme
Well, in all the games Epona is useless anyway ESP in TP....so I don't MISS her...

Well you need her to hunt big poes and obtain 4th bottle, but ya otherwise useless! I think Link should have Dr. Mario put her down! and then he should get a Yoshi!

Actually, I feel that the break was good. If she'll be inserted into the next game somehow, then it will be a breath of fresh air and nostalgia, as opposed to a rehash had Nintendo decided to keep her in the past three games.

I really like Epona. She makes getting places faster, especially in TP. I can see the argument that she isn't technically necessary, but it is nice to have the option to move faster when you can't warp places. I do like the Loftwing for SS. It makes sense that the mode of transportation for a game based in the sky was a bird.

A

Alure

I miss Epona, as well.

She was a nice companion to have on adventures, but then again, she wasn't exactly necessary. She makes traveling a breeze, and is also needed to get 100% in some of the games, but then again, they gave Link boots for a reason.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom