• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Ocarina of Time I Kinda Like Navi...

germ1137

Lokomo Ninja
Yeah, it's been a while since I've been on Zelda Dungeon so I decided to post a thread that's related to the very first thread I created, which was about the best companion in the series. Specifically Navi. Now, Navi's been known as the annoying demon-spawn from the depths of Hell, but I actually didn't find her as annoying as everyone else thought. In more ways than one, she actually gave some really good pointers on different enemies. Sure, she liked to stop us at the most inconvenient times to give us useless information, but having a fairy does come with it's price. Besides, I think we would take Navi over Tatl's obnoxious remarks ANY day.
So, yeah. Just something I wanna stress out.

She might be a bit annoying, but she didn't overstate the obvious so I don't mind Navi as much. What's funny is that in fanfiction, they give her the personality of Tatl.

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
Actually, Tatl is my second favorite partner in the series. I like her more than Navi. But I digress.

Navi ISN'T annoying. She doesn't stop you that often. And the "Hey! Look! Listen!" is not annoying. It doesn't happen nearly as often as people say it does. She does stop you a lot in the Deku Tree, but it lasts for a bout 5 seconds. I'm sure you aren't so impatient that you can't wait 5 measly seconds. If you ask me, most people seem to hate Navi just because of the bandwagon. They only hate her because she's fun to hate. And I think that's a stupid reason to hate her. If you ask me, the only annoying partner character in the series is Midna.

Actually, Tatl is my second favorite partner in the series. I like her more than Navi. But I digress.

Navi ISN'T annoying. She doesn't stop you that often. And the "Hey! Look! Listen!" is not annoying. It doesn't happen nearly as often as people say it does. She does stop you a lot in the Deku Tree, but it lasts for a bout 5 seconds. I'm sure you aren't so impatient that you can't wait 5 measly seconds. If you ask me, most people seem to hate Navi just because of the bandwagon. They only hate her because she's fun to hate. And I think that's a stupid reason to hate her. If you ask me, the only annoying partner character in the series is Midna.

I don't know about you, but in the second half of the game, Navi was always telling me to go to the bottom of the lake or about the clouds on Death Mountain, even after I'd already beaten the dungeon.

Linknerd09

Luigi Fan
I love Navi. She's cute and helpful. I really like her, even though she can be annoying. I know that her voice being heard repeatedly can annoy you, but I really did like Navi.

I love Navi. She's cute and helpful

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Azure Sage

March onward forever...
Staff member
ZD Legend
Comm. Coordinator
HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH

Navi is a huge help to first-time players of the game. She definitely helped me a lot the first time I played. I was grateful to have her along. Besides, just because you didn't find her helpful doesn't give you the right to laugh at those who did.

1. I'm allowed to laugh at anyone I want. Because I'm from AMURICA!

2. Yes, because the sudden Mordorian look of Death Mountain completely slipped my mind. And I never would have noticed those bars over the door without her! :right:

Fi was better. Although more annoying and more obvious, made up for it with all those features. Fi: the first helper to come with Apps. :P
navi at least didn't tell me when my hearts were low or when the batteries for my controller were about to die. seriously fi was like having the annoying owl from oot following you around wherever you go with a stupid auto tune sounding voice speaking complete gibberish and constantly pointing out the obvious. so no fi was not better in any way.

navi at least didn't tell me when my hearts were low or when the batteries for my controller were about to die. seriously fi was like having the annoying owl from oot following you around wherever you go with a stupid auto tune sounding voice speaking complete gibberish and constantly pointing out the obvious. so no fi was not better in any way.

Except for all of the information. Which was much better.

Also, calling you master. ;)

Except for all of the information. Which was much better.

Also, calling you master. ;)
Fi gave you completely pointless information a lot of the time i mean really i know i already brought this up but telling you when your hearts are low when the game is already beeping and you can see your health bar clearly on screen? seriously no one could be that stupid.

Unlike Navi, telling you that the door with the giant lock on it is locked. :right:

And there's all the info that she gave you about bosses, and the area, and she's technically doing all the dowsing for you too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom