• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Expect New Info After Christmas

Kirino

Tatakae
I expect that they will formally announce a delay: I predict it will be released in August. Early enough to be called a summer game; late enough that it will still be newish for Christmas 2011.

My fear: the delay is coming because the game is not progressing well. There are problems with it. Remember: Iwata said last year that "IT WILL BE OUT IN 2010". But no. No, now it keeps getting held back. So what's the problem? There must be a problem. I am getting scared...the expectations are going to keep getting higher the longer it is delayed...and the expectations have been building for years already...

Something is wrong.

Nintendo even said that the game is coming along like ghostbusters. Which means it's coming along really well. You just have tp trust that Nintendo will make it a great game. Though I just want one new trailer. The only thing we saw was in June,and I at the very least want some new screen shots.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
Nintendo even said that the game is coming along like ghostbusters. Which means it's coming along really well. You just have tp trust that Nintendo will make it a great game.

Huh? Of course Nintendo is going to say the game is coming along like gangbusters...they are not going to say "eh, it's just OK really". Nintendo saying it is coming along well is meaningless. You have to judge by the facts, not their marketing and spin. The facts are that we have not seen much that impresses and it keeps getting delayed. Sure, the graphical style could in the end be superb (though the trees must be fixed) and the gameplay could be the first truly great usage of motion control at the center of a non-casual game. But we don't know that yet. And I, for one, am worried until I see more. I don't have to trust Nintendo...Metroid: Other M turned out to be something of a failure...they have made lack-luster Mario games (Mario 2 and Mario Sunshine)...and the last Zelda game they made, Spirit Tracks, is a travesty (it has no overworld!)...they are not infallible.

I am very hopeful, expectant even, that SS will be a great game. They have the resources and skill to make the best games in the world. But I am worried, and until I see more that is probably how I am going to feel.

Raven

Former Hylian Knight
Since it's after Christmas now maybe we should close this thread? I'm sure we'll hear some more new info as we get into January just keep checking the the internet and perhaps try buying the newest issues of Nintendo Power, they would be my most trusted source if I still bought those magazines. I think the next issue will have some Skyward Sword information, I though I saw the cover for the issue but I could be wrong that might have been last months.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
We will probably see something soon, it's now 5-ish more days till 2011, probably we'll hear/see something either early, mid, or late January for sure. I'm buying the Nintendo Power magazines, and i've recently subscribed to it, so if there is something new, I (or someone else) will say something.

Since it's after Christmas now maybe we should close this thread? I'm sure we'll hear some more new info as we get into January just keep checking the the internet and perhaps try buying the newest issues of Nintendo Power, they would be my most trusted source if I still bought those magazines. I think the next issue will have some Skyward Sword information, I though I saw the cover for the issue but I could be wrong that might have been last months.

Closing the thread would deter many of us from speculating the true nature of Nintendo's release schedule. With all due respect, sir, many interesting facts and thoughts have surfaced in these few comments. I, myself, am in no hurry to play Skyward Sword and only wish for Nintendo to turn this game into a gem. In said Pocket Lint interview, Myamoto states that he wishes we will want to play Skyward Sword more than once. I will, regardless, but maybe they are working on side quests and extras in the time they have left with the game. At least it won't be held back to accomodate new controls like Twilight Princess.

One thing you have to respect Nintendo for is the solid outing of a game, fully complete when it is released. No DLC, no holding gameplay back for extra money. They take their time and I welcome them to as much time as they need. Zelda has a special place in my heart, and the E3 presentation made my heart sink a bit at first. I have faith, however. Nintendo hasn't let me down yet, and I don't expect them to. If anything, I'm hoping for a bit more hype to amp up my excitement for release. An epic trailer to tease us would suffice. You remember those E3 2004 jitters? I want to feel them again.

On a side note, even if that interview was recent, Myamoto stated that Skyward Sword is "OVER half complete." Not too specific, but mistranslation and misconception can be misleading. They've been working for years and if the game is only half complete, you wouldn't be seeing launch until 2012.

I would not mind more info... but I do not think we will get anymore info till next christmas or when they release the release date of the game, I also heard they are doing finishing touches on the game. But thats all I have heard..like everybody else I want more info as well.

I would not mind more info... but I do not think we will get anymore info till next christmas or when they release the release date of the game, I also heard they are doing finishing touches on the game. But thats all I have heard..like everybody else I want more info as well.
Like most, I want the sheer awe of the 2004 Zelda trailer to the point where I once again have chills. I watched that trailer a few dozen times before the game's release. They can still do that with Skyward Sword. I now believe that this may be a summer game, unless Nintendo holds a conference before E3 in June to really push the hype onto Skyward Sword. It will be worth the wait, and this time, we won't have to drool long. At least not for 2 years!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom