• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I Expect New Info After Christmas

But that's as far as my speculations can be taken. They may have promised an early, 2011 release, but I'm feeling more of a mid, Spring-Summer release based on the boost in Nintendo's 2010 fiscal year profits due to the release of the Nintendo 3DS before March 31, 2011. Zelda may have to be released later in the year to compensate for the release of this new system and balance the sales through 2011. On the plus side, it would give them the time to make Skyward Sword better and touch up the graphics or add to the content with new features or areas to explore.

I'm just excited for a trailer in the coming few months. I'd like to see the progress the Zelda team has made with the game since we first saw it in June.

S

SageOfDawn51

It would be nice to see something new than what we saw in June, because that's the only thing we saw anyway.

linkman8

True and Noble
You can bet there will probably be new info after Christmas, but as far as an early 2011 release, I wouldn't hold my breath. As you said, I'm expecting more of a late-spring, maybe into summer, release. Maybe later if problems ensue.

I would think Nintendo will start showing off all the new goodies they will have ready for mid 2011 this January, since the Christmas season will be over. This of course includes Zelda. I have a feeling it'll be around late April when they release it. I think we will also see a release date for the 3DS in January as well a a bunch of stuff they are working on including Pikmin 3 and maybe an F Zero or star Fox.

Aero_Dynamic

エアロダイナミック
Don't worry, we'll most likely see something new very soon. It's getting close to 2011 January, so by then, we should start hearing/seeing something new.
Also, I read that Skyward Sword will be at an event on January 16 2011 or something idk, but it's mostly for 3DS, but I read that Skyward Sword might be coming to that event. Here is a link to the information to where I got the info on this event: http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/12/news-on-3ds-skyward-sword-coming-in-january.html

I also hope that at latest (!) by january they will reveal new screenshots of different areas including Skyloft and character designs and finally release a cinematic trailer, which will be providing us with goosebumps until the game launches in march/april next year.
And i'll get really mad if Nintendo a) doesn't show us something new by January or b) delays the release date until winter 2011. Now don't get me wrong, i do appreciate that Nintendo isn't hyping this game up in the heavens, but come on, we just have to hear and see new stuff soon...!

However, the latest news on Zeldainformer don't sound that good and promising. Apparently, Nintendo won't be bringing Skyward Sword to the Press Event in January 19th in New York, for it will merely be a 3DS Preview Event. I really don't like this...

http://www.zeldainformer.com/2010/1...9th-in-new-york-ocarina-of-time-3ds.html#more

Non-Epic

Resident Cucco Kicker
Labrynna, because Hyrule is too mainstream.
By then, they probably will, since it's right after Christmas. If people see it after such a tme as Christmas, Nintendo might get more fans, or people who want to buy it. At that time they might release things in Nintendo Power, or maybe Storyline trailers hopefully. But more models and drawings will likely be released.

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
I expect that they will formally announce a delay: I predict it will be released in August. Early enough to be called a summer game; late enough that it will still be newish for Christmas 2011.

My fear: the delay is coming because the game is not progressing well. There are problems with it. Remember: Iwata said last year that "IT WILL BE OUT IN 2010". But no. No, now it keeps getting held back. So what's the problem? There must be a problem. I am getting scared...the expectations are going to keep getting higher the longer it is delayed...and the expectations have been building for years already...

Something is wrong.

Y2K3

Lushier than Mercy!
I do expect something will come out after Christmas, but how soon after is a different matter. I'm thinking most likely January-ish, but it could be February-ish. If it's any later before info is revealed, I would be very surprised.
That said, I suspect that when something is revealed that it will something very small in detail. There's been very little released so far, so I don't see why they would change this all of a sudden.

@ Jupiter

What makes you think something's wrong,if I may ask? Because I really don't see any reason to think that.
The game has only been delayed once, if you even regard that an official delay, as it has never gotten an actual release date.
Especially when Miyamoto said the game is coming along 'like gangbusters', to directly quote him.
I don't see any reason to worry. I mean seriously, August?

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
@ Jupiter

What makes you think something's wrong,if I may ask? Because I really don't see any reason to think that.
The game has only been delayed once, if you even regard that an official delay, as it has never gotten an actual release date.
Especially when Miyamoto said the game is coming along 'like gangbusters', to directly quote him.
I don't see any reason to worry. I mean seriously, August?

Hopefully I am wrong. I think that it will ultimately be a fine game, but I feel like what is happening is similar to Metroid: Other M, which ended up being disappointing...you have a game with a very experimental control scheme that gets pushed back...I don't know, it just worries me. I think I am likely to be wrong about there being problems with the game.

Maybe this is bad reasoning, but we just have not seen anything impressive about the game yet. We've seen a very small demo space with some unique graphics (which could look good in the end) and some really lousy looking trees. It had only mediocre music, nothing special. The gameplay could end up wowing in the end--I think it might--but I am not convinced yet...and the fact they they are being so quiet, and it keeps getting pushed back worries me.

But I still think we are headed for an August release date. Summer, if not August.

@ Jupiter

Okay, I understand part of your reasoning. We haven't seen anything really impressive yet, I agree with that. But the 'experimental control scheme' isn't all that experimental; the controls are touched up Wii Sports Resort controls after all, and I think have proven themself greatly so far. On the graphics section, I'm not worried. When has Nintendo ever brought less than their A-game in regards to graphics? Especially with Zelda and Mario, they always push the consoles to their limits graphic-wise. Even TP, however you feel about the game, had some of the best, if not the best graphics of the last gen.
That said, I still don't get what you mean with 'it keeps getting pushed back'. I can only think of one 'delay', and that's the 'early 2011' announcement. And apart from that, nothing has been said about it, except a statement by Miyamoto that the game in coming along great, which to me means 'on schedule'. If that's the only news we have gotten so far, I honestly only see reason to think that it's really coming out early 2011
and not that it's beeing delayed (again)

Jupiter

Bringer of Jollity
@ Jupiter
That said, I still don't get what you mean with 'it keeps getting pushed back'. I can only think of one 'delay', and that's the 'early 2011' announcement. And apart from that, nothing has been said about it, except a statement by Miyamoto that the game in coming along great, which to me means 'on schedule'. If that's the only news we have gotten so far, I honestly only see reason to think that it's really coming out early 2011
and not that it's beeing delayed (again)

Early this year it was generally believed that it would come out in 2010...it was generally hinted to be such by Nintendo, and Iwata said "Skyward Sword will be out in 2010". It was revealed at E3 that they would not be able to do this...they stated it as a delay as they had already set the expectations to be for 2010. And now Miyamoto is saying that it is "more than half way"...if it were going to be out in early 2011, he would be saying "it is almost complete"...they have already basically said it is not coming out in early 2011.

@ Jupiter

Aaah, the Pocket Lint article...I knew you were talking about that. Well, I don't really think you should assume anything said in that 'interview'.
There is a possibility that the 'interview' part of the article (I'm talking about the Miyamoto quotes in the article) is in fact old, and thrown in with the rest. I'll try to explain.
First I suggest you read the whole article (I'm sorry if I seem like a smartass, but just to be sure :p)
http://www.pocket-lint.com/news/37425/interview-shigeru-miyamoto-nintendo-zelda

Then to start off, you'll see that somewhere near the end of the article, they start talking about 3D. Not specifically the 3DS, just 3D. That's odd, but not noteworthy. But when the writer says something about Mario Kart 3DS (that it presumably looks great) Miyamoto reacts weird.
Specifically: "For the briefest of moments, Miyamoto looks like Pocket-lint has stolen a prized biscuit from his private cookie jar, since no announcement of Mario Kart in 3D has been made."
As we all know, Mario Kart 3DS was oficially announced at E3 in June. This would mean that at least this part of the interview is at least 5 months old.
If you go back and read some of the Zelda stuff, you'll also see that Miyamoto never refers to SS by it's title, just calling it 'the new Zelda game'.
Now, with this there are 2 possibilities:
1: This article is made up of at least 2 different interviews, the one with Mario Kart (which is before sometime E3), and a recent one about Zelda, with Miyamoto just not wanting to say 'Skyward Sword' all the time thus saying 'new Zelda'.
2: It's just one pre-E3 interview, so Miyamoto isn't allowed to name Skyward Sword.

To me, the second possibility seems more likely. Especially since the article seems to stress the part about SS being over half complete at the time of the meeting.

I can't really say this is the truth, but the interview(s) used in the article seem strange enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom