• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

I D E N T I T Y 1 RP (game thread)

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
((Not that we want you out of the game, Woyo. You know we love you in the least romantic way possible. We just want to have these limits set for later in the RP when things actuslly start happening. We cant fight anyone or hide from anyone when Val can just take them down over the course of six hours with no I'll effects on himself and without anyone else doing anything
The science is a small part. The larger issue is the internal logic of the world and leaving room for good storytelling.))

Last edited:

Storm

Ghost of The Roleplay Section
(let him do it. We'll just let Val do everything, and we'll watch from afar. Eating cold pancakes)

TattooArtist

I'm the B and my boyfriend is the T in LGBT ❤
Andrea finishes her breakfast and stands up with her packing, ready to go.

((I agree with you here about RPs not being real. Of course that’s the case with this RP as well, so it’s bound to be fantasy. However, even fantasy fiction has certain rules to follow in order for it to be enjoyable. For example, when there’s no conflict or struggle or weakness within a character they quickly become very dull. Now obviously I’m not the game mod - you are - but I would just like to voice my opinion on this and ask a few questions in order to straighten some things out. What exactly do you allow Val’s powers to be? I realize that what’s happened to far is very insignificant, but it would be handy to know the exact reaches of his ability for future reference. We’ve seen him use his power more than any other character so far. He’s been using it to the point where it seems like he could use it infinitely if he so desires. He has also been shown to use his power even while getting a full night’s sleep. And on top of that he expressed interest in being immortal in addition to his already overwhelming time abilities. So, my final question to you, @TattooArtist will you accept a character who’s able to stop time for unlimited periods of time, keep it frozen while asleep and even have the added ability of not aging? In my own opinion that seems very over powered. Especially compared to the other characters in this RP whose abilities for the most part are “freak” abilities that are more of an issue than a power. I for one just don’t think it’s all that fun with this level of imbalance.))

I guess so. But I do enjoy it when people express what sort of powers they are interested in within this RP. I'm not affected by the powers but now thinking about it, that is a little too much. I think taking out the ageing thing would be better.

Miss Cucco

Mrs. DekuNut
((You know what, I dont give a rat's tail if he's over powered or not, you know what really pissed me off? People whinning and complaining about something that's not a huge deal. I joined this role play as an escape from reality and just to have fun. Not have a debate about logic. I was one of the first people to mention it, but I still had fun with it. The point of a role play is to express and display your imagination, the best part of this role play is it's fantasy. Right now, the only people making this not fun, are the ones complaining.))

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
((We're complaining becayse were concerned about fun in the future, not fun now. Better to have these conversations earlier than later. Get all the drama and kinks out before we really get deep into it
We're not saying we have a problem with it not being reality. That's not the main problem. It's not the real world and we rarely if ever play in the real world. The real worlds boring. But having an overpowered character can lead to even more fun being taken out for everyone in the future, you included. Just because it hasn't happened yet doesnt mean it won't.
Now how about we stop arguing for the sake of arguing and only bring it up if we have a problem with the RP and not with each other? That way we can actually play))

Reactions: Pen

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
((Also Woyos powers in themselves are fine. It's the specific rules about his powers that put him over the top. Even adding the aging thing makes him manageable. And who knows? That could turn into a plot point eventually))

TattooArtist

Lawliet stands up and he speaks. "Our duty is to discover the world and ourselves. Lets go." He starts to walk off.

DekuNut

I play my drum for you
"It's a quote," Brandon tells Lizzie, his moment ruined, "From a video game. It seemed fitting. Let's just get moving," he walks quickly out the door, ready to be gone.

Pen

The game is on!
((So since Val uses his powers as much as he does, he probably looks like about 35 or so even though he's only 22.))

The group makes in to the train station. Where to now?

TattooArtist

Lawliet zones out for a bit, distracted by all the numbers in front of him. He turns pale and sweaty.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom