• Welcome to ZD Forums! You must create an account and log in to see and participate in the Shoutbox chat on this main index page.

Hyrule Warriors Announced

JuicieJ

SHOW ME YA MOVES!
On the midnight Spirit Train going anywhere
So a new game for the Wii U has been announced, and it's basically the best spin-off ever. It's -- get ready for this -- Dynasty Warriors + Zelda!

[video=youtube;ZOq4IiuRMWk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOq4IiuRMWk[/video]

THIS is what should have been shown off at the VGX.

Musicfan

the shadow mage
A lot of people in the coments section seem to hate it.

IT looks like it would be a fun game. It might get me into more beatemup games.

Fig

The Altruist
I wasn't expecting this at all! I can't wait to get my own copy of Hyrule Warriors!!! It looks gorgeous and the gameplay looks amazing!!!! *^*

Justac00lguy

BooBoo
Looks quite cool. I did propose an idea of a Zelda fighting game way back and a lot of people shot it down, so will they shoot this game down too? Well I can't quite tell.

I'm not too knowledgeable with the cross over its associated with so it might put me off somewhat; however, anything to do with Zelda captures my attention for sure. I've always been fond of combat within the series; it just needed that, you know... slight polishing, to bring it to the next level. This, a game centering around just combat is a fresh idea indeed.

Usually I'm not fond of spin-offs though something about this looks quite intriguing and maybe, just maybe I'll give it a go when I repurchase a Wii U.

Last edited:

Ronin

There you are! You monsters!
Forum Volunteer
Reminds me of an anime I've been watching called Sengoku Basara. The main characters are way overpowered and can knock several dozen soldiers back in a single strike, reminiscent of how the Bokoblins fly everywhere in this trailer. That said, the action in "Hyrule Warriors" looks pretty satisfying to me; my favorite part is when the Master Sword basically turned into a mega-long version of the Monado and sliced through the ranks of Bokoblins. Although some will probably see the violence was over the top, I find this to be a balm for fans while they await news on Zelda U...

...And Xenoblade 2. :yes:

Turo602

Vocare Ad Pugnam
I agree, this would have been the perfect announcement for VGX. GTFO of here with that Cranky Kong ****... Anyway, I was totally not expecting this and seeing as it's not the next Zelda game, I'm okay with it. I've never played Dynasty Warriors but this sure does have my attention. I'm liking the huge battles, something I would like to see more of in Zelda games, just with toned down action. This almost looks like a vision I had for an epic conclusion to a Zelda game where Link leads the Hyrule soldiers into war against Ganon and his army. In my mind, it was darker with more appropriate combat for a Zelda game but as far as this game goes, it looks pretty cool. I'm sold.

Two of my favorite Franchise, I cannot argue with this. Absolutely looking forward to this game. Koei games have always been enjoyable for me and I have always pictured Link in this style of gameplay. Now I'm so syked that it's actually happening. I wonder what other characters you can play as? I can't imagine Link being the only playable character in this type of game.

Was surprised to see this announcement, but I'm not complaining. Unlike Pokemon Conquest (sorry, but Pokemon & Nobunaga's Ambition don't mix well at all for me), this looks like a crossover that actually works. I've never played a Warriors game before, but this is the only one I'm actually interested in getting.

Mercedes

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Well that sure came out of nowhere! Looks pretty fun, the type of thing I want to see on Wii U. Although that said I'm not usually a fan of these types of games, I flat out didn't like the Dynasty Warrior games I played, so I'll keep an eye on this but probably not the type of game I'll personally be getting. But good boys Nintendo for letting this happen! :P

snakeoiltanker

Wake Up!
To tell u the truth I can not believe this is even happening. I don't care what they do with spin-offs, as long as the core games don't get effected. Now I know this sounds like I'm about to bash this idea, but I'm not. I like the sheer combat focus of Dynasty Worriors, and feel they need to just start naming them like sports games and put the year at the end of the title cuz there are a billion of them. I played on back when the ps2 came out. I only didn't like it cuz I had no clue what I was sapposed to do and they game didn't really tell u. That being said the combat was fun.

Now, take that crazy over the top gameplay and combat, and set it in hyrule. All of a sudden I'm interested enough to play the game long enough to figure out what ur sapposed to actually be doing. I'm sure this Hyrule Worriors will be different but still, coming from a game style I was fond of but didn't even finish the first level cuz I. Couldn't figure out what I was sapposed to do nor did dynasty worriors have a world a characters I cared about, this Hyrule setting changes everthing. Maybe now I can finally see what this gonzo combat style that I was so fond of about 15 years ago but never got to expirence will finally be in my hands.

Deeds

no text
I guess Wind Waker HD wasn't enough to delay Zelda Wii U... Haha, I'm kind of kidding, but still - I really hope this doesn't affect the development of the main Zelda Wii U game. I'm not really sure what to think of it, to be honest. When the camera turned around near the beginning of the trailer, and I saw 100's of Bokoblin's, I nearly got angry - watched a standalone trailer of it (not the direct), so I had no idea it was a spin-off. Thank god it is.
This isn't like a normal zelda game, obviously, where I'll pre-order no matter what, I'm definitely going to wait for more updates.

Terminus

If I was a wizard this wouldn't be happening to me
At first I though it was a main series title with a lot of battling, possibly detailing the Hylian Civil Wat (pre-OoT). Evidently I was wrong.

I'll probably purchase this when I get a Wii U, which won't be until Zelda U is out.

Also, does anyone else think this art style looks pretty good?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom